Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

it's a funny article and they've put a funny picture next to it, I don't understand what the problem is? It's a stock photo anyway and been around the web for a while now...

good thing they didn't publish this, I wonder would you explode then?
    sasivrs__noname.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Just saw that FR have appointed Greg O'Gorman as head of ancillary revenue, former head of ancillary revenue at easyjet . Not hugely significant but I'm sure they're happy to have poached one from the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

breakingnews.ie are getting as bad as the daily mail. They must have someone reading the flightradar24 thread here. The leading story is about ANOTHER flight having to turn back... jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Spotted on joe.ie.....the boss himself checking boarding passes at DUB today :D

https://twitter.com/GaryDunne/status/651289527890391040

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Spotted on joe.ie.....the boss himself checking boarding passes at DUB today :D

https://twitter.com/GaryDunne/status/651289527890391040

He was doing the same on the 07:00 to Brussels last Friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

CRHDcCpWoAAcaDo.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    He was doing the same on the 07:00 to Brussels last Friday morning.

He's checked me in on flights to Manchester. Got someone to grab my carry on for me because I was on crutches and all, and this was before they became the 'cuddly' Ryanair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Flying transatlantic again today, this time to Canada. In a 757 which is a first. Feels weird flying so far on a narrow body. Anxiety rising! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Feels weird flying so far on a narrow body.

did that 4 years ago, DUB to JFk. Very strange all right.

2 hour lay over then a 757 to LA.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

If you look in more depth, you'd be surprised just how many 757's are flying across the Atlantic every day, even more since they added the winglets that improve the performance.

From Ireland, it's rare for there to be wind problems, some of the longer routes from further across Europe, when they're going westbound and the winds at upper levels are strong, they sometimes have to drop in to somewhere like Shannon or Gander for a fuel top up. Other than that, there's no issues, and the aircraft doesn't know it's flying over water for most of the flight :D

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

faceman wrote: »
    Flying transatlantic again today, this time to Canada. In a 757 which is a first. Feels weird flying so far on a narrow body. Anxiety rising! :o

And no wifi to keep us entertained as you travel across the pond

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Tenger wrote: »
    And no wifi to keep us entertained as you travel across the pond

At €10.99 for an hour I wouldn't be using it anyway :)

Carnacalla wrote: »
    At €10.99 for an hour I wouldn't be using it anyway :)

I think Faceman gets to charge it to work and pays the E18 for the whole flight

I just checked there, its actually €8 for an hour and €15 for the flight. Not as bad....but still fairly hefty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Greetings from Toronto. Flight was grand actually although was a little choppy coming into land due to weather. No wifi unfortunately and had a great seat in the first row after business. I could see the turbine rotating in the engine nacelle!

Really feel the power during take off. Felt awesome!

There was clunks during taxi that I hadn't heard before on other jets. Didn't sound like the brakes. Would it be something to do with rudders? Couldn't figure out a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Can anyone tell me is it possible to find what particular aircraft my family will be flying on Monday? They're flying aer lingus to lanzarote which I'm assuming will be an a320.
    I was just hoping it would be one of the RWC or retro jet? Just so I could let the kids know in advance so I can be the super cool uncle :D:D

I don't have the flight number but I'll get it if needed.

The flight number is usually needed yes, as there can often be more than one Aer Lingus flight to lanzarote a day, either a second from Dublin or one from Cork or Shannon. On mondays though theres only 1, which is EI778. This route has been flown by an A321 for the past week and is likely to continue an A321 until at least monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

man dies in strange way on board Aer Lingus aircraft, plane Lison to Dublin diverted to Cork http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1018/735740-plane-diverted-to-cork-airport-after-man-dies-on-b/ tweeter on plane?
    Pedro Guerreiro ‏@PedroAGuerr 2h2 hours ago
    https://twitter.com/PedroAGuerr/status/655807521907539968
    Voo Lisboa-Dublin EI485 aterrou em Cork devido a emergência médica. Fonte a bordo: melhor irmão do mundo @saveknut.
    Translated from Portuguese by Bing

Lisbon-Dublin flight EI485 landed in Cork due to a medical emergency. Source: best brother in the world @saveknut.

Very sad and traumatic for passengers on board and very sad for the families. I heard the flight requesting an ambulance on ATC.

More flying today. This time on a 767 with Air Canada to US West Coast. One of those adventures where everything is alien to me. The airport, airline etc. Oh me nerves! :o

• Advertisement

More flying today. This time on a 767 with Air Canada to US West Coast. One of those adventures where everything is alien to me. The airport, airline etc. Oh me nerves! :o

I always thought it was BA Baracus, that had the problem with flying. :D

OK...... I've already got my coat on and I'm heading for the door

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

The 767 is a lovely bird to fly on, very comfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

I recently found this great youtube channel with excellent aviation/pilot related content all made by a Ryanair pilot, thought I would share it here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwpHKudUkP5tNgmMdexB3ow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Bsal wrote: »
    I recently found this great youtube channel with excellent aviation/pilot related content all made by a Ryanair pilot, thought I would share it here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwpHKudUkP5tNgmMdexB3ow

He is a legend, been watching him from the start. Pity there is not more like him, possibly due to company SOP's.

Greetings from 35,000 feet. Flying to Ireland and hitting some rough turbulence over the US. Even the crew had tot take their seats. (Wifi works though so I can totally post my ramblings.) Anyone got spare pants?? :o

Oh and if anyone has any insight as to how long the turbulence will last... SFO - DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Greetings from 35,000 feet. Flying to Ireland and hitting some rough turbulence over the US. Even the crew had tot take their seats. (Wifi works though so I can totally post my ramblings.) Anyone got spare pants?? :o

Oh and if anyone has any insight as to how long the turbulence will last... SFO - DUB

You fly a lot chief, are you not used to the humps and bumps by now?

sully2010 wrote: »
    You fly a lot chief, are you not used to the humps and bumps by now?

Only marginally. It's the yang to my ying. Love the travelling, hate the getting there.

..... Flying to Ireland and hitting some rough turbulence over the US. Even the crew had tot take their seats.......

That's pretty bad then....EI are usually quite relaxed towards turbulence. Nearly home now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Anyone got spare pants?? :o

try amazon drone delivery service :)

• Advertisement

Anyone got spare pants?? :o
    Might these help? :D

Advertisement