Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Tenger wrote: »
    Mindless vandalism. SHould be possible to trace the 'artist' if they like to tag 872 around California

Happened at Dublin in 2007,three private jets targetted by supposed environmental types.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

New Air crash investigation on Nat Geo at 9pm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I see Ryanair have announced they are starting up in Belfast again, but Aldergrove this time! 4 daily Gatwick from March, taking old Aer Lingus slots from belfast city. More routes and 2 other based aircraft from October

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Delighted to have Ryanair back at Belfast and good to have them in BFS where they can hopefully expand, lots of capacity available. Fingers crossed for routes to Germany and maybe some sun routes (come on Greek islands) down the line, however speculation at the minute is Newcastle, Leeds Bradford, EMA along with Berlin, Brussels and Barcelona. Looks like they're going to make a fair stab at annihilating a good few FlyBe routes and fairly recently started services from Vueling and Brussels Airlines with that destination list, all from BHD.

Must be looking to get in before Ryanair do- Aer Lingus have requested slots at Paris Orly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Must be looking to get in before Ryanair do- Aer Lingus have requested slots at Paris Orly

Not the only IAG crowd out in Orly if they get slots...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

http://www.u.tv/News/2016/01/28/Cancelled-flight-crushes-hope-for-elderly-cancer-patient-53045

Its a pity she has gotten terminal cancer, but if its not safe to operate, they can't and regardless of your circumstances they can't operate. I didn't think UTV took part in this sensationalism.

Maybe she should have chosen a more guaranteed mode of transport? Flying from a very wild regional airport in the heart of winter, in fairness, can't be considered remotely guaranteed to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I guess there's no roads in Donegal then? It's a long road to Cork but perfectly doable. The cost of the flight would likely have even rented something a nut more comfortable than the family runabout... I'm sorry but given the storm conditions pretty much throughout December it's ridiculous to blame an airline for not flying.

Interesting to see ASL have agreed to acquire TNT Airways and Pan Air Spain, they'll have quite the diverse fleet when it goes through.

http://www.aslaviationgroup.com/index.php/media/single/asl-aviation-group-signs-conditional-agreement-to-acquire-tnt-airline-opera

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

FedEx are not allowed to have a majority stake in the airline part under EU rules so it had to be sold to remain under EU ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Anyone watch the Plane Crash documentary on TV3 at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Read about a woman recently in Stansted that got so agitated at security she started to strip naked.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Read about a woman recently in Stansted that got so agitated at security she started to strip naked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3453258/Woman-dropped-skirt-security-queue-Stansted-airport-frustrated-delays-fined-80.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Looks like he's travelling with only the bare essentials. BOOM BOOM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

What's the best aircraft reg's ye came across.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I guess the best local one was EI-EIO, which was on a Seneca.

A long time ago, not a registered aircraft in that sense, I think it was on the 1-11 simulator, there was a "registration" painted on it EI-SIM

Also a long time ago, I did some flying in a Grumman Cheetah, G-PURR, Nice registration, but I wasn't wild about the aircraft performance.

It only makes sense when you know that the long haul company that became part of BA was BOAC, the Concorde fleet started with G-BOAA, and included G-BOAC, and one of the test airframes was G-BSST, now on permanent display at the museum at RNAS Yeovilton.

(And yes, completely off thread, but I was in Le Bourget air museum a while back, and there are 2 Concorde parked nose to nose there, and it was interesting to look at the prototype along side of a production aircraft, and to see the differences, there were quite a few changes around the nose gear of the aircraft)

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-FAT... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

2-RICH was in EICK recently enough.
    EI-ICU is a great name for the SAR S-92, especially considering how good it's location skills are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EI-FAT... :P

My FAVourite is EI-FAV:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Growler!!! wrote: »
    My FAVourite is EI-FAV:D

EI-DES/'Des with the Tash' during its Movember campaigns :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

How about Ryanair's EI-FEE? Pretty apt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No one has EI-JIT but a Jim has EI-JIM.

Actually come to think of it the cleverest one I seen was EI-GDL McManus's gulfstream G550.

G for gulfstream and DL is the Roman numeral for 550.

Now he just has his kids first initials. EI-JSK

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I guess the best local one was EI-EIO, which was on a Seneca.

A long time ago, not a registered aircraft in that sense, I think it was on the 1-11 simulator, there was a "registration" painted on it EI-SIM....
    I always liked EI-EIO.

In a SIMilar :D vein to Irish Steve, the Aer Lingus cabin mock-up (where Safety and Emegency Procedures were practised) was EI-SEP and called St.Thetic (say it quickly)
    ....not sure if that is still the case however.

Did they not take the St. Thetic (synthetic) name from the 737-200 sim in the old Aer Lingus building? Parc Aviation used to do Multi crew cooperation courses in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Did they not take the St. Thetic (synthetic) name from the 737-200 sim in the old Aer Lingus building? Parc Aviation used to do Multi crew cooperation courses in it.
    Could be to be honest
    I may be old but the B737-200 was before my time!!

Advertisement