Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pro's and Cons of two different sets of trainers?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Its been often touted that two different pairs of runners are beneficial when switched during training as they prolong the lifespan and can improve certain muscle groups depending on design.

Elverys currently has a buy one get one half price sale on and I intend on picking up two pairs during it. However would it ACTUALLY be beneficial to have two different pairs, say a new balance and Asics for example, or does it matter and can I get two of the same for example two pairs of Asics Kayanos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

There will be a difference shoe to shoe, it takes about ten minutes to adapt from one to the other if you use them back to back, so there are effectively some small variations in which muscles are used. It's probably no harm to chage as it will reduce the risk of imbalances between muscle groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I always rotate two different pairs of shoes, at the moment one Saucony and one Brooks, though the brands make I use change all the time.

I can't tell you for sure if that's better than rotating two pairs of the same kind, but I can tell you that I haven't been injured in years and it's obviously working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I'm actually rotating 4 pairs at the moment......

Heavy Nike Cushioned Pair for Easy/Recovery Runs
    Adidas Kanadia for Trail/Grass Runs
    Mizuno Musha 4's for Speedwork
    Mizuno Musha 5's for Races

I'll be shot if I come home with any more runners in the next while.....but with this rotation going I can't see myself having the need to spash out again for a while. The heavy Nikes do help me stay slow on easy runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Just make sure they suit you and are the same type ie neutral, guidance etc or you are playing Russian roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Just make sure they suit you and are the same type ie neutral, guidance etc or you are playing Russian roulette.

I might actually head into yas! Undertaking a 'charity challenge' so will need any guidance I can get!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement