Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season

Options
  • 25-04-2013 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭

New season starts with a bang in Indianapolis, Dwight Freeney retires :eek: and Leaves the Colts with a massive hole in defence and no replacement :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Must log on ASAP and see who decided to stay after my four win season:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rock... as mod i can see your comments even when deleted...
    Game on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rock... as mod i can see your comments even when deleted...
    Game on :p

I deleted it because i wanted to make sure Forsett had somehow been released, so i got the wife to check xbox........it took a while :rolleyes:, anyway he has been released, how i'm not sure, cos he was only available for trade, doesnt matter now as ive resigned Jennings.

oh and after that above comment, Titans are definitely still going down........If i can find some OLB's :D.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

OLB's you say?
    DJ Williams my ROLB is rated 87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Only loss from the Jags is LE Robert Geathers, 85 ovr who was being played out of position at RE as Jeremey Mincey is my starting LE. Not a big deal as I wanted to strengthen there anyway, but a nice pickup for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I haven't logged on in ages to madden! I don't even know what to do in off season :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You need to decide which of your players whose contracts are up you want to re-sign.

You then offer them new contracts and they either accept or reject.

Then we do Free Agency, where you offer out of contract players contracts and they choose which team they want to sign with.

Then we do the draft, where you can pick up 7 new players.

Finally we do the preseason where you can evaluate all your new players before you cut your roster down to 53 players for the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams say an emotional goodbye to RB Steven Jackson.

Here's hoping he goes to a team with a good O-line cos the Rams didn't have a good enough one for a team based on the Power Run!!!

Also didn't resign a bunch of squad players.

Resigned QB Jason Campbell, MLB Jay Dwyer and RG John Moffitt.

Still on the lookout of a QB if anyone has one available?

guns4all wrote: »

You can take Christian Ponder from the Colts if ya want

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

guns4all wrote: »

Colt McCoy available for a pack of taytos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hey Ben/Heli am I still on auto?! Thought after the superbowl I'd have resigning a but "my actions" just has ready to advance ticked ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A good few Browns hitting FA

Most notable name is Ryan Grant 84

May suit a team that has many backs like the Steelers or Redskins

You don't get many snaps with Trent Richardson as starter!

No Colts players hitting FA, They quickly realised they would'nt get a game anywhere else, so resigned for alot less money then they were originally looking for

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Hey Ben/Heli am I still on auto?! Thought after the superbowl I'd have resigning a but "my actions" just has ready to advance ticked ?!

Ben is still on charge... This wouldn't happen on my watch! Expect the CPU has cut your guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pats don't appear to have any retirees, so that is all good. Gronk hasn't decided to call it a day anyway.

I do appear to have a little problem with my salary cap availability, I don't have any :o

I presume that if I want to resign a player whose contract has expired, I need to cut somebody to get back into positive numbers first?

Yeah I had a lot less than I thought and let Howard go, an 88 rated OLB...

Yeah I had a lot less than I thought and let Howard go, an 88 rated OLB...

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I am hoping that the Cap space is not final, and we get more for FA, because I only had £6m and now only £2.6m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

I screwed up in season 1. Welker wanted a new contract so I happily gave him a new contract. What I thought was 10 million over 5 years, turned out to be 10 million a year FOR five years.
    Time for some good team management me thinks.

Edit: Yup, If I release Welker, I'll free up 6.78 Million in Cap Space, but it will cost me 17.50 million in a penalty. Guess I'll just have to make do and hang on to him so :p

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I am hoping that the Cap space is not final, and we get more for FA, because I only had £6m and now only £2.6m
    I hope it is as I'm down for 26 million
    1659990-dr_evil.jpeg

Colts have $24m :)

Ben is still on charge... This wouldn't happen on my watch! Expect the CPU has cut your guys!

This is scandalous !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I had two million signed two of four and have a million left, no bidding for me in FA. manningham will be in FA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Iv no option to resign players think its because I'm on auto pilot :(

Carroller wrote: »

May the CPU gods be with you!

I feel your pain ;-(

I think your ok anyway,the only players rated 80+ on the salaries thread for as having 1 year left are Dansy and your CB and they might just be heading into their final year of contract and not leaving at all.Plus you have over 30mil to spent in FA,your laughing so you are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Haven't turned on the xbox in ages. Must get on to sort out my team.

Edit - and it was turned off pretty quick when I seen I am 2 mill over my cap salary.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Haven't turned on the xbox in ages. Must get on to sort out my team.

Edit - and it was turned off pretty quick when I seen I am 2 mill over my cap salary.
    Send a couple of them over the Broncos shure,we're rolling in money here

Advertisement