Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Right, I'm trying to work out who I might be losing to FA this year as I'm stuck on auto, is it anyone with 1 year left I have to worry about and will this upcoming season be 2014?!
    Think I might be losing my HB JACOBS to FA :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Right, I'm trying to work out who I might be losing to FA this year as I'm stuck on auto, is it anyone with 1 year left I have to worry about and will this upcoming season be 2014?!
    Think I might be losing my HB JACOBS to FA :-(
    Are you sure you still can't go into the resign section even though "ready to advance" is clicked?
    Like for example the other day when I finished up and clicked advance,I was still able to go into the resign section the next day.
    *In fact just checking now I can still go into resign players and offer the franchise tag even though I've clicked ready to advance so you might be fine

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Are you sure you still can't go into the resign section even though "ready to advance" is clicked?
    Like for example the other day when I finished up and clicked advance,I was still able to go into the resign section the next day.
    *In fact just checking now I can still go into resign players and offer the franchise tag even though I've clicked ready to advance so you might be fine
    Yeah pretty sure! The ready to advance is the only option!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure! The ready to advance is the only option!!!

Can you not turn urself off auto in user teams. And ye mite be able to keep Jacobs.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Can you not turn urself off auto in user teams. And ye mite be able to keep Jacobs.

Yeah tried that Ali still only option I have is ready to advance, it's just unticked. Think I have to wait until week is advanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

When does the FA Market open. I've got $27.7m to waste spend :D

Colts plans for the new campaign has just gone from bad to worse, Reggie Wayne has joined Dwight Freeney going into retirement, and the defence rating has gone from 88 to 78 :eek:.

Yeah, not going to be a good season this year.

Colts plans for the new campaign has just gone from bad to worse, Reggie Wayne has just joined Dwight Freeney into retirement, and the defence rating has gone from 88 to 78 :eek:.

Yeah, not going to be a good season this year.

27.7m might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Some of these FA demands are a bit pricy & greedy

I think I'll wait for Round 2 when demands are lower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Are the FA rules the same as last off season?

I've forgotten them at this stage, something about 4 year contract limit and max 20% of a signing bonus?

Last season some fool of a GM messed this up ;)

• Advertisement

Ya someone should put up these rules for the new guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

OLB's you say?
    DJ Williams my ROLB is rated 87

What would you want for him???

27.7m might help

Over 30m now, but it doesnt matter how much i have, ive lost 2 players in the high 80's, very hard to replace them with ratings like that

Nelbert wrote: »
    What would you want for him???
    Picks or players I guess,open to most deals,feels like I'm wasting him at the Broncos even though I sub him in a lot

FA:A lot of tasty players there that will suit my needs and noticed I'm picking 25th in the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Picks or players I guess,open to most deals,feels like I'm wasting him at the Broncos even though I sub him in a lot

FA:A lot of tasty players there that will suit my needs and noticed I'm picking 25th in the draft

I'm not getting near a Xbox till later, any chance u could tell me where I am?

I'm not getting near a Xbox till later, any chance u could tell me where I am?
    Won't be back on madden for a bit but I imagine your probably just behind me in the draft unless you traded away your 1st round pick

*Ya you're 26th

Reading on pfl that people can see the ratings of players in the upcoming draft. would it be best to just post this up to have a level playing field rather than some having an unfair advantage.

Depending on FA I could offer you a picks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Reading on pfl that people can see the ratings of players in the upcoming draft. would it be best to just post this up to have a level playing field rather than some having an unfair advantage.

That would totally ruin the draft if everybody knew the ratings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's a spreadsheet which has the draft classes and about 25 players on it.

I drafted 2 (1st round picks)players using it(and scouting obviously)one has been awesome, the other not so much.
    It's very hit and miss

Doesn't give ratings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Ratings differ depending on your scheme. when i was running a 3-4 defense Osi was rated 68. Went up to 92 when i switched to 4-3

I drafted 2 (1st round picks)players using it(and scouting obviously)one has been awesome, the other not so much.
    It's very hit and miss

Doesn't give ratings

Yeah most of those lists simply tell you their potential in Madden 12 or in the case of Madden 13 their development level, i.e. how much xp each upgrade costs you. Better the development trait the less xp required to upgrade.

Unless their is a full ratings list including scheme and overall in that or similar schemes then it shouldn't cause issues as we enter our final season of Madden 13.

It's very hit and miss

Doesn't give ratings
    Ya I used that sheet last year,scouted schemes and other stats off it.
    Nelbert wrote: »
    Depending on FA I could offer you a picks
    Thats kool,I'm hoping his stock will rise after FA anyway due to limited supply of good ROLB's there

Ya I used that sheet last year,scouted schemes and other stats off it.

Thats kool,I'm hoping his stock will rise after FA anyway due to limited supply of good ROLB's there

Yeah I can neither confirm nor deny a large FA bid on the best ROLB in FA........

Well I think there might be a good bit of competition for both the best LOLB and ROLB there

Can someone post a link to the list as it's still a bit of an unfair advantage for some to have it and other not to.

Can someone post a link to the list as it's still a bit of an unfair advantage for some to have it and other not to.
    Here's the thread for the draft class's
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056828499

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's completely useless. All it does is show their potential, but sure what use is potential with one season to go.

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's completely useless. All it does is show their potential, but sure what use is potential with one season to go.
    Very true although if you combine a guy who's potential is superstar and is projected to go in the 1st round maybe second with your own scouting surely you'd be close to getting a decent player

• Advertisement

I remember I asked this question last season but I can't find the thread so what does mean when you offer a player a contact that on the contract screen his overall rating has either gone up or down from the previous screen?

Advertisement