Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspension experience & pics (Not for the squeamish!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Date depending I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Date depending I'm in

Yeah i'm hoping there'll be a good turn out from the thread. Might sway a few people if we're lucky. I think it's always on a Sunday. Not much help I know but it's something to take into consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I work sundays and sisters wedding in june. But aye the days are always sunday. If my contract this week(if i finally ****ing get it) clearly names me manager im good to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Update time! I bumped into Séan today (PMP) and was chatting about suspension a bit. A few people I know have enquired about weight limits, and he says there really are none. He's seen 20st (280lb/127kg) guys go up on one hook, so it's really a matter of how they're placed, etc. He says if someone is really heavy then they can just use more hooks and distribute the weight.

Second thing we were chatting about it price. Now, he's been chatting to me since January pretty much about trying to lower prices for suspensions. The more people they can do in one session, the cheaper it'll be. For really private sessions you're looking at 250, but the next session will most likely to between 150 and 200, although if he can get a lot it may be cheaper. He was initially looking to do them even cheaper but that hasn't worked out.

Now, he doesn't know the exact date yet but he's meeting people today about it and he says he'll drop me a message when he has anything solid. And of course, when I get info, I'll pass it on to you guys here! :)

This may be a silly question, but would people be able to go and just watch the suspensions? Like an event?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

That's not a silly question at all! I'll ask whenever I'm next chatting to him, but not 100% sure when that will be. I'd say it would be limited though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That's not a silly question at all! I'll ask whenever I'm next chatting to him, but not 100% sure when that will be. I'd say it would be limited though.

Cheers! I can understand why it would be limited, but maybe if they had a very small pay in event that a few people who were genuinely interested in seeing it could pay into it could lessen the cost on the participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

So out of curiousity, is the build up phase something you have to do or could you decide that you want a suspension and just go for it?

Obviously building up, getting used to the hooks and what not would be the best way to go but I just want to get my head around it.

Orim wrote: »
    So out of curiousity, is the build up phase something you have to do or could you decide that you want a suspension and just go for it?

Obviously building up, getting used to the hooks and what not would be the best way to go but I just want to get my head around it.
    There's no need or requirement to do the building up process at all. If you want you can certainly just go for it. My issue was that I haven't been pierced in about 5 years. So I wasn't sure how'd I'd react to it. Especially 4 large piercings in quick succession. I didn't want to get the whole thing set up only to find out that I couldn't handle the piercings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

There's no need or requirement to do the building up process at all. If you want you can certainly just go for it. My issue was that I haven't been pierced in about 5 years. So I wasn't sure how'd I'd react to it. Especially 4 large piercings in quick succession. I didn't want to get the whole thing set up only to find out that I couldn't handle the piercings

Ah okay, just wondering. I've never been pierced so I'd probably want to do the same but just wondering. Cheers.

Orim wrote: »
    Ah okay, just wondering. I've never been pierced so I'd probably want to do the same but just wondering. Cheers.

No problem. Even if you're not into the suspension itself, I'd recommend the flesh pull. It's just such a weird sensation that you really gotta try it once.
    Also, it didn't actually feel like any piercing I've gotten before so don't let the fact you've never had one deter you. It's definitely unique

• Advertisement

I briefly had a thread going about 4 months ago trying to find info on suspensions and hopefully talk to people who'd done one. Didn't really take off but I'd like to thank everyone that contributed. I thought it wise to try bring some of the good stuff from the first thread over and help keep this current one from going stale. So here goes:
    Here's a link to the photo's taken when I did mine. I think the photo's come up in reverse order but you'll get the idea. Enjoy !!!

http://s939.beta.photobucket.com/user/dannymods1982/library/

Here's the original thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056843521

I'll admit I am very much not a fan of the piercer pictured above.

I'll admit I am very much not a fan of the piercer pictured above.

Yeah I haven't a clue what exactly happened that led to him being banned but this thread needs more pictures. The link has before, during and after photos so they make good viewing for anyone interested.
    However, I will remove them if it is a big issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

He was banned for shilling if I recall correctly.

Yeah I haven't a clue what exactly happened that led to him being banned but this thread needs more pictures. The link has before, during and after photos so they make good viewing for anyone interested.
    However, I will remove them if it is a big issue

I'm a bit confused. Was there a user banned?

I simply meant that the piercer performing the procedure in the pictures in the link wasn't exactly on my good side :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm a bit confused. Was there a user banned?

I simply meant that the piercer performing the procedure in the pictures in the link wasn't exactly on my good side :p

The guy being hung, was a poster on here. Also a piercer, was banned for shilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Adiboo wrote: »
    The guy being hung, was a poster on here. Also a piercer, was banned for shilling.

What's shilling? Pushing his services or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    What's shilling? Pushing his services or something?

Shilling is basically someone posting 'service x is excellent, buy it' whey have a connection to the business that provides said service

Coincidentally he was the first person I talked to about doing a suspension nearly 4 years ago. Not sure why but I was never comfortable in his shop.

Just want to try keep this thread updated. I'm planning on another flesh pull in a few weeks, but I'll be pulling on the hooks vertically rather than horizontally hoping to simulate the suspension feel a little more accurately. I'll bring someone in with me and get a few more pics to put up.
    In the meantime, check out this website for anything suspension related www.suspension.org They have great blogs, galleries and they also provide a list of suspension groups around the world. They also have one of the most comprehensive FAQ sections I've ever seen. Well worth checking out if you're at all curious

• Advertisement

Long time no post :(

After numerous postponed attempts due to work and home commitments, also a fair amount of laziness on my part, I've finally arranged another flesh pull(stop sniggering) with Patric in Iconic Arts tomorrow. If all goes to plan I hope to have some new pics up tomorrow evening

All DID go to plan and I was delighted with how it went today :)

I'll have some pictures up later when I get home and I'll go into more detail as to what exactly we did etc.

As promised, here are some pics from earlier today:D

Soon after my first flesh pull, many many months ago, I thought that if I was to do it again, I would need to try recreate a more accurate representation on an actual suspension. My first attempt was simply intended to be a practice run of sorts to see if I endure the actual piercing itself so in that respect, it was a success. After having a quick chat with Patric in Iconic Arts, we agreed to aim for a more vertical pull on the hooks as opposed to the horizontal approach taken the first time.
    20140210_145855_zpsfrb9i6qm.jpg
    As you can see, the hooks are positioned higher up the back and go through the skin horizontally this time. This is roughly where they would be placed during an actual suspension and although it's only a few centimetres in the difference from my first effort, it made a HUGE difference. The pull on the hooks felt significantly lessened and they seemed to sit a little more naturally in the skin without tension. With the hooks going horizontal across my back this time, I could apply downward force without fear of them slipping out.

Next step(after some generous sips of Monster) was to warm up the skin and encourage it's natural elasticity. While standing upright, I did some simple pulls against the hooks until I reached my temporary limit. I tried to focus on slowly building up the resistance and increasing my angle away from the ropes anchor point. With a bit of patience, my body got used to the discomfort and the pain would be replaced by a dull pressure/tightness sensation. Furthermore, by gradually stepping backwards towards the ropes, I was able to increase the potential angle away from the ropes.....20140210_145915_zpsyj3hzmok.jpg
    I know it might not look too impressive, but holding a 30-40 degree angle with only 3mm hooks stopping you from falling over certainly FEELS impressive :)

After I built up my confidence somewhat, Patric shortened the ropes and encouraged me to go for the more vertical pull. This required me to simply pull straight down on the hooks by basically trying to sit while still attached above my head. Again, patience was my ally. Slowly, I was able to lower myself further and further until I hit the ropes stretching limit. I was able to sustain that point for a surprisingly long time, in fact, it was my legs that would give out first. Trying to hold the crouch became a much bigger challenge than enduring the tension across my shoulders. In Patrics opinion, it looked to him as if my whole weight was being supported on the 2 hooks so I was pretty chuffed at that point. The pain level had reduced down as well and evened out at a constant irritant rather than actual pain.....20140210_151050_zpsyudv8mma.jpg
    This is a good view of just how much the skin can stretch and probably my favourite photo from today

Just for comparison, this is what it looked like immediately after untying the ropes20140210_152733_zps9tcsvbou.jpg

Final thoughts; Gotta be honest, today has pretty much sealed the deal as far as getting a full suspension done. The vertical pull was probably easier than I expected and with 4 hooks the pressure would be reduced, or at least spread out, even more. I stand by what I said after the first one though, that damn massage to loosen the skin before the piercing is horrible. Once that was over it was plain sailing though:D
    If anyone has any questions or whatever I'll do my best to answer them. Huge thanks to Patric and Nate in Iconic Arts for everything they did today, really helps put you at ease when you deal with such good professionals.
    Have to mention fellow boards member bonzo_k who came along as well. He took several of the photos and it was nice having another person as interested in suspensions as myself to talk to.

Just giving an update the day after.....

Definitely more bruising this time round but I expected that. I subjected myself to a fair bit more abuse than the first time. I cleaned the wounds with some cooled pre-boiled water and anti-bacterial soap. Patted it dry with some fresh paper towels and then I applied some Bepantiseptic cream. I'll keep this routine up for a few days until I know the tiny wounds are fully closed.

20140211_144659_zpsbf855f93.jpg20140211_145226_zpse073635e.jpg

Despite their angry little appearance, there is no real pain today at all. My shoulders do feel tight though, much like how you'd feel after a workout I imagine. A little tender right at piercing site but nothing out of the ordinary.

I'll keep track of the healing process and update the thread accordingly.......thanks for looking :D

Quick update on the healing process;

Essentially all the pain and tightness have now gone. Still a little tender to touch but that's more to do with the heavy bruising I think. Bruises are still very visible and haven't really died down yet but it's only been 3 days so it's still early. The little holes themselves have now fully closed up with some very light scabbing so today will the last day I'll be applying the Bepantiseptic. Just gotta keep them clean and try not to scratch.......

Advertisement