Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed D.D payments

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I got a letter today,telling me as i had missed 2 D.D payments (these were paid 2 days late each time) that if i missed another D.D payment they would cancel the D.D and would have to set up a new one.Each time i missed a DD payment i was charged 10 euros,,can anybody explain what sort of bulls??t this is.The bank makes money on missed payment so whats the big deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Make sure you have money in your account to cover the DD, which part is confusing you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

srsly78 wrote: »
    Make sure you have money in your account to cover the DD, which part is confusing you?

I think the confusion is coming from the absolutely extortionate ridiculous charge of €10 applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

tunedout wrote: »
    I think the confusion is coming from the absolutely extortionate ridiculous charge of €10 applied.
    Yep thats true,but if they are taking ten euros what is the rigmarole about cancelling it and then setting it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

srsly78 wrote: »
    IF you read the short post thoroughly ,the question is ,why cancel something they are making money/robbing on and then set up again ?.Try again !!!!!!!!!!!11:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

How come its the bank's fault if you dont provide enough money to meet a direct debit. If the bank have to return the DD to the Originator there are costs involved which they pass on to the payer. If you regularly miss payments then DD is obviously not the right product for you to pay your bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

If they kept charging you €10 indefinitely, would you be complaining that they didn't cancel the DD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

roro2 wrote: »
    If they kept charging you €10 indefinitely, would you be complaining that they didn't cancel the DD?

exactly, everyone would be complaining if kept being charged money for something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

To be honest, I would be more worried about your credit record being shot to pieces rather than the €10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

To be honest, I would be more worried about your credit record being shot to pieces rather than the €10

No record on ICB for missed direct debits on current accounts. If the DD's are for a loan/CC there is potential for the other account to cause an impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

ganger wrote: »
    I got a letter today,telling me as i had missed 2 D.D payments (these were paid 2 days late each time) that if i missed another D.D payment they would cancel the D.D and would have to set up a new one.Each time i missed a DD payment i was charged 10 euros,,can anybody explain what sort of bulls??t this is.The bank makes money on missed payment so whats the big deal.

You think €10 is bad.

Lucky you don't live in the UK. Unpaid and referral fees are way higher there.

£38 for an unpaid direct debit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement