Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery for an automatic clay pigeon trap

• 25-04-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I am after buying an automatic clay pigeon trap It requires a 12 v supply which is not supplied .I am just wondering what is my best option car battery or motor cycle battery or any suggestions , how long could I expect to get out of either & any suggests where to buy , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

I'd say a car or marine deep cycle battery. It's a while since I needed one but as far as I can remember the deep cycles are better for situations where they will be recharged on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Irish Lion

Just got an automatic machine myself and one should use a 100AH Marine battery. I will get one in time but for now I use a 70AH battery out of an old van and this has yet to give us any trouble. I know a few guys that have auto traps and they all use a variety of battery set up's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I'd go for one of the more heavy duty van or tractor batteries more so than a smaller car battery. Combine that with a charger that has a trickle charge (one of the Aldi/Lidl specials are fine) option and there's no reason why your battery shouldn't last for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

The only type of battery to consider is a 'deep cycle' battery. If a standard battery goes completely flat more than a few times then its unrecoverable or f•••••. With a deep cycle u don't get the 'starting power' of a car battery but u won't need it. I use a carbon based battery, gaur entered for 5 years, good money and can be completely flattened hundreds of times, cannot be sure of name etc, but will post details later as in work now.

Advertisement