Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retiring For Season 3

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

I have decided to sit out Season 3 of the Boards franchise. There are a number of reasons for my decision.

The main reason is that by the looks of things I will almost certainly be away on holidays for a significant part of the playoffs and it would not make sense to put the time and effort into the season and then have to drop out come crunch time.

I am also trying to cut back on my Madden time as I play a lot of golf during the summer. ( I will miss the start of the Season as I am away golfing for a week ). I have also dropped out of the PFL, which some of you also play in and will be only playing one league for the rest of this Madden and that is one I actually Commission.

The Chiefs team I got were poor at the start, I think I lost 3 of my first 7 games. With XP I have been able to build them up and I reckon they now have the best roster in the game, the only hole being at TE. Its a difficult decision to leave them ! I will guide them through the resigning process and leave them in perfect order. The idea being if anyone new joins the league there would be a great team there for them to take over and be competitive with.

I also think it will make Season 3 really exciting. Ben is off to the USA. Between us we have occupied 12 of the 14 teams who have contested the 7 Superbowls. There will be a new Superbowl champion and that would be a great. A Superbowl title in any league is very difficult to attain no matter who is in the league and is always a great achievement. I think there are a dozen guys in the league who realistically have a shot at a title.

I will still be active on the Boards, available if anyone has any questions and I WILL still be attending all beer nights out !

And I will be watching to see who wins Superbowl VIII.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwe1KayZrHGJYnFT96jTMIJoYjE4ZsjQtG-kSZ9Q1j-fgL-DspPw

Best of luck in your retirement grandad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bert best of luck with the golf.. awful sport!
    Will hope to see you back for M14/25!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I come and Berty and Ben retire .. Ye run scared boys ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Enjoy your break berty! See you next madden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I come and Berty and Ben retire .. Ye run scared boys ! ;)
    Are you back Dave?

Might have to reconsider so........nah.

I want to spend less time with my family........they want me out of the house so they can get the tv :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Best of luck Berty,always a pleasure playing you.
    Maybe now I have a chance of beating the Chiefs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Skip Bayless @SkipBaylessEA

"Did you hear Berty's retirement speech? Not a dry eye in the house.
    Can't scream the the words Hall of Fame loud enough!"

Mike Hill @MikehillEA

Always tough for a player of Berty's stature to walk away. But he's made a definitive mark #halloffame.

Never got the chance to play against you but best of luck with the golf, a true retiree's sport :D

See you in M25!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You spelt hall of shame wrong.

Advertisement