Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for cheque to clear?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Basically, I am due to receive a cheque in the post tomorrow from an Irish business as a refund. I do not know what bank there cheque is from.

I bank with Ulster bank and could really do with the cash for the weekend, if say the cheque is from AIB, BOI, or PTSB what are my options, would any of those banks cash the cheque or would I have to lodge it to my UB a/c and wait for it to clear.

It will be a business a/c cheque if that's any help and my a/c is just an ordinary personal current a/c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Even if lodged today (and it's from a different bank or branch than you are with) it wouldn't be cleared by the weekend.

Advertisement