Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new customer switched to EI

Options
  • 25-04-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi, i just switched to EI and i was wondering, do you guys have an app for Iphone or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi lisij,

What type of app are you interested in? We have the Appliance Calculator app (which helps customers monitor their consumption) and anyone can avail of this, not just Electric Ireland customers: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential-energy-services/reduce-your-costs/smartphone-calculator.jsp

And we also have a meter-reading app for submitting customer reads: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/phone-apps.jsp

Have you had discounts applied to your account?

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭lisij

Hi lisij,

What type of app are you interested in? We have the Appliance Calculator app (which helps customers monitor their consumption) and anyone can avail of this, not just Electric Ireland customers: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential-energy-services/reduce-your-costs/smartphone-calculator.jsp

And we also have a meter-reading app for submitting customer reads: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/phone-apps.jsp

Have you had discounts applied to your account?

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
    Una
    emh.. i mean just and ordinary app, that will allow you check your bills, maybe even pay one via app.. yes i did received 10 percent discount for switching thnx

Hi again,

We do not have such an app. To find out the balance some time before a bill is issued, a meter reading is required, which can generate an interim bill depending on what stage of the two-month period between bills it is at (e.g. if it is too close to the scheduled bill, it will not generate an interim bill).
    A scheduled bill will always be issued, even if the customer requests an interim bill a few weeks before it.

Customers can make payments onto their Electric Ireland account whenever they wish, in order to reduce the amount of the bill by the time it is issued. If the customer is paying by direct debit, such manual payments need to be made by paperless means: online banking (which would be arranged with the customer's bank, and the bank would require the Electric Ireland account number) and paying by debit card on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/pay/startPayInit.do

Customers who have a direct debit set up are advised to allow a minimum of three working days between their final manual payment and the direct debit itself, in order to ensure their payment is cleared and there is no cross-over with the direct debit.

All the best,
    Una

Hi again,

We do not have such an app. To find out the balance some time before a bill is issued, a meter reading is required, which can generate an interim bill depending on what stage of the two-month period between bills it is at (e.g. if it is too close to the scheduled bill, it will not generate an interim bill).
    A scheduled bill will always be issued, even if the customer requests an interim bill a few weeks before it.

Customers can make payments onto their Electric Ireland account whenever they wish, in order to reduce the amount of the bill by the time it is issued. If the customer is paying by direct debit, such manual payments need to be made by paperless means: online banking (which would be arranged with the customer's bank, and the bank would require the Electric Ireland account number) and paying by debit card on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/pay/startPayInit.do

Customers who have a direct debit set up are advised to allow a minimum of three working days between their final manual payment and the direct debit itself, in order to ensure their payment is cleared and there is no cross-over with the direct debit.

All the best,
    Una

hello Una, i was wondering, how long does it takes to be switched? its been over 1-1,5 weeks now, and i am yet to receive my welcome package

Hi lisij,

A switch from supplier to supplier takes up to 20 working days (four weeks) to complete. I can check on the status of yours though if you private message me your name/address in full, MPRN (meter point reference number) and contact telephone number. I will be able to see also whether your Electric Ireland account number has generated. Non receipt of the documentation does not necessarily mean the account is not live, but the documentation is of course important for the customer's records, detailing the terms and conditions, etc.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi lisij,

A switch from supplier to supplier takes up to 20 working days (four weeks) to complete. I can check on the status of yours though if you private message me your name/address in full, MPRN (meter point reference number) and contact telephone number. I will be able to see also whether your Electric Ireland account number has generated. Non receipt of the documentation does not necessarily mean the account is not live, but the documentation is of course important for the customer's records, detailing the terms and conditions, etc.

Regards,
    Una
    ah no bother, just got my last bill from previous el company, so i guess nothing to worry about, thought EL Ireland forgot about me :) but will pm just in case :)

Hi lisij,

Regards,
    Una
    one more thing, is there a possibility to check day by day kWh used (maybe even what time most of the electricity were used)? not just in 2 months period

Hi again lisij,

An energy monitor keeps track of appliance consumption, such as this one available at www.ElectricIrelandStore.ie:
    http://www.electricirelandstore.ie/Product/PlugIn-Energy-Monitor/1285/200

And we would recommend taking note of the reading on the meter at the end of each day, in order to gauge average daily usage.

Private message received from you.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement