Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons is coming to Ennis

• 25-04-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Brilliant news altogether :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Love to hear more about this, I am an avid reader so would love the occasional bargain they do but Easons along with the Ennis Book Shop, H & H and O'Mahoneys, they never seem to have that much business as it is.

http://www.clareherald.com/2013/04/eason-co-open-new-chapters-in-ennis-and.html?m=1
    Now it maybe makes a little sense......so much could be done to have a really great bookshop in Ennis, some day it might happen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Good news. The existing Hughes and Hughes shop is good, nice bright and plenty of space. Hopefully they will do well there. Is it known where they will locate in Shannon ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Once Costa isn't affected I'm good, best coffee in town

True about Costa, there was a bookshop in Shannon town centre that has been closed for a while. A notice in the window since before Christmas had something like "Re-opening as Easons in Spring 2013". Across from the newsagent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Yeah Easons are coming to Shannon, Hughes and Hughes are rebranding themselves as Easons in Ennis as a franchisee.

Good news all round. Surprised to read that only 7% of sales in Ireland are online downloads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's unusual to see someone in Ireland with a Kindle or another e-reader, I've a Kindle and find it far easier to read on that than I do an actual, book, the price of ebooks are a joke though, usually the same price as a regular book, coupled with the fact that I'd guess the biggest sellers would be cookery/picture type books 7% seems about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Radio5 wrote: »
    Good news. The existing Hughes and Hughes shop is good, nice bright and plenty of space. Hopefully they will do well there. Is it known where they will locate in Shannon ?

McLoughney's bookshop franchised as Easons?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joey801

Is H&H still open, I have a gift card I haven't used yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

joey801 wrote: »
    Yes. I think the changeover isn't until next month.

• Advertisement

McLoughney's bookshop franchised as Easons?

That's the one I was thinking of!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

joey801 wrote: »

I'd imagine vouchers etc. will be all redeemable as Hughes still owns the 3 shops being changed to Easons franchises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Doesn't seem to be much happening in easons Shannon, supposed to be opening spring 2013

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be much happening in easons Shannon, supposed to be opening spring 2013

And that had been up since before Christmas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Some of the books have eason price stickers on them, but that has been there for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

They were supposed to open in Ennis last week, but the Hughes and Hughes sign is still up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

branie wrote: »
    They were supposed to open in Ennis last week, but the Hughes and Hughes sign is still up.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The sign in the shop window in Shannon was there for months, then vanished suddenly with no explanation at all. There's been no work done on the empty shop unit at all, and it's clearly not going to happen in Shannon now. Hope the same doesn't happen there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

The Eason's sign is now up, so it's officially here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Clareman wrote: »
    Once Costa isn't affected I'm good, best coffee in town

You might have to rough it with BB's Muffins....;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You might have to rough it with BB's Muffins....;)

Ahhh those choc muffins are lovely. Smoothies and ice lemonades are nice in costa, got one last weekend, the business I must say!

• Advertisement
Advertisement