Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele cat and dog S8320 vs Dyson DC32

• 25-04-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am at my wits end trying to hoover up dog hair with an average hoover. I have been doing my research online about pet hair vacuums and Miele and Dyson are the two that keep cropping up. Miele has more positive reviews. I have wooden floors downstairs and carpet on stairs an upstairs.

can anybody advise me from experiences which product to go for??

AliMyka

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've just ordered a S8 Cat & Dog Miele two days ago; it should arrive on Friday so if you don't mind waiting a week I can tell you how well we like it (5 cats, wooden/ceramic floors and sofas etc. that needs regular cleaning).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alimyka

I would greatly appreciate that! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Subscribing. I think the dysons have a cheap feel to them which I don't like when I have to spend a lot. I also read that the dysons can't compete with the 2200w motor suction the miele has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There have been dozens of threads concerning both the Dyson and Miele animal vacuum cleaners both on here and in 'Home Appliances'. Do a search and you'll find them easily enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Alun wrote: »
    There have been dozens of threads concerning both the Dyson and Miele animal vacuum cleaners both on here and in 'Home Appliances'. Do a search and you'll find them easily enough.
    Which is one of the major reasons I ended up with the Miele in the first place. The S8 was picked due to having largest capacity (4.5L) and longest range with power cable and hose.

*edit* My previous one was a cyclone (can't recall brand on the top of my head but 150 EUR new) 2200W sucking power as well but the problem with it was that once it started to fill the sucking power dropped quickly (and emptying it was a pain and usually inolved getting lots of fine dust in the air trying to get it all out from it). That's why I decided to go for a bag type one this time around (and my wife approved of Miele as well which helped to motivate the price tag of 300 EUR).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 alimyka

Thanks for the replys it's looking like I'll be purchasing a Miele!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have a (non pet version) Miele vacuum cleaner that's probably 20+ years old at the moment. It's totally indestructible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have a Miele S 711 and I can't fault it. We have vinyl in the hall, kitchen and bathroom and carpet everywhere else. Its great for cat hair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I've had a Dyson, a Vax, and I'm now on a Miele. The Miele beats the others hands down. Mine is a smaller model but it was only when I started using it that I realised how crap the Vax was! I don't know was the house ever really clean with it! The Dyson literally blew up after 3 yrs.

Advertisement