Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox stolen

Options
  • 25-04-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all im just wondering can xbox be tracked by xbox live as my granson one was stolen any help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bob32 wrote: »
    Hi all im just wondering can xbox be tracked by xbox live as my granson one was stolen any help please

Due to data protection act I doubt Microsoft would give you the IP address of the offender if they do connect it to the internet...

Chances are they would make a new gamertag on it and start fresh if you will...

If you have the serial number they may blacklist it from Xbox live, but that's probably all they can do!

Hopefully Meesared will chime in with a better idea.... he may give a better answer than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bob32

Fieldog wrote: »
    Due to data protection act I doubt Microsoft would give you the IP address of the offender if they do connect it to the internet...

If you have the serial number they may blacklist it from Xbox live, but that's probably all they can do!

Hopefully Meesared will chime in with a better idea.... he may give a better answer than me!

ok thank you for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Fieldog wrote: »

Heh I'm not with Xbox anymore, onto different things now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any jobs going in Sony?

:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Not Sony :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

bob32 wrote: »

Report it to the Gardai and let them make the request to Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Report it to the Gardai and let them make the request to Microsoft.

This.
    As stated above, Xbox can't give out IP addresses or anything due to data protection, but if the police phone on your behalf, they can go through the correct legal jargon and data protection to provide the ip address/location of where your profile/console has been signed in from. Good luck!

Advertisement