Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Office Drop Down List

Options
  • 25-04-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all:

I doing an assignment for college and i am using Open Office Calc but I need to find out how to create a drop down list that will sort all identical values when clicked (i.e. if the column has Apples, oranges, pears, bananas, grapes in it i want to be able to click apples in the drop down and see all the apple entries without all the others) is this possible?? and if so could someone be as kind as to guide me through how to do it. Maybe in a step by step guide if possible.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Losphel

I believe what you want is called a filter. I've attached an extremely quick spreadsheet with a filter applied.

In regards to applying a filter, this is what you must do:

1. Select the column you want to apply the filter on. For example, if the fruits are on Column A, click the column letter which will select everything.

2. Go to Data-->Filter-->Autofilter and click it. From there you'll see a drop down arrow and you can select the value you want. To get rid of a filter just click Autofilter again.

Hope that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markdolan999

And its as simple as that. that's exactly what i'm looking to do.

Losphel you are a life saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Losphel

You're welcome. Best of luck on your college assignment!

Advertisement