Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has the Fianna Fail leopard really changed its spots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

space_man wrote: »
    How many FF politicians are before the courts or have charges pending?
    I can think of 3 off the top of my head.
    And then there's their past misdeeds an indiscretions, which could easily take up a whole book.

I fully accept every political party has its' odd renegade, some more than others,
    even SF appears to have embraced respectability and decency, but there does appear to be more than a few fully paid up members of the 'Soldiers of Destitution' who are delinquents and shisters.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/ivor-callely-to-stand-trial-for-mobile-phone-expense-claims-29221875.html

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-ff-councillor-oflynn-charged-over-triple-murder-plot-29108536.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ex-ff-councillor-guilty-of-being-drunk-and-a-danger-217109.html

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Of course they haven't.

Their current leader is one of the traitors who destroyed this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is it the most corrupt party in Europe?

You left out the fianna fail senator that was yesterday charged with demanding money with menace.

In a seperate court case for fianna fails Ivor Callellys barrister was asked in court would he be applying for legal aid, to which he replied " not today". How the hell can a man that was getting over 150k a year plus he's 'expences' be applying for legal aid?

Maybe they will do a 'bertie' collection for him at this weekends ard fheis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Maybe they will do a 'bertie' collection for him at this weekends ard fheis!

I hear Sean Gallagher is getting involved actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ha! OP, Fianna Fail are still the party that tore this country in two, and they ain't changed one bit. The fact they lead the polls again boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

They're trying hard to convince us all that they've 'changed their spots' but in reality it's business as usual. The only thing missing is the Galway tent but I'm sure that kind of back-scratching gets done in a different way now.

And the FFers that helped screw the whole thing up (Bertie, Cowen, Cullen, McCreevy, Dempsey etc) have all ridden off into the sunset claiming pensions well in excess of 100K per annum.

While topping that up with a few cosy directorships on semi-state boards, quangos and the like. (or in Bertie's case charging something like 30 grand a pop to tell people suckers how he engineered the celtic tiger and how great he is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

aidan24326 wrote: »
    They're trying hard to convince us all that they've 'changed their spots' but in reality it's business as usual. The only thing missing is the Galway tent but I'm sure that kind of back-scratching gets done in a different way now.

And the FFers that helped screw the whole thing up (Bertie, Cowen, Cullen, McCreevy, Dempsey etc) have all ridden off into the sunset claiming pensions well in excess of 100K per annum.

While topping that up with a few cosy directorships on semi-state boards, quangos and the like. (or in Bertie's case charging something like 30 grand a pop to tell people suckers how he engineered the celtic tiger and how great he is).

i was hoping, for the sake of a properly functioning democracy, that they had learnt from past misdeeds, but sadly this appears not to be the case.

Every time I open a newspaper there seem to be involved (allegedly) in some 'dodgy' dealings
    There was a time when we would have overlooked and maybe even laughed at these issues, but considering how we are suffering are the electorate going to continue to be so forgiving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No, corruption and greed circles through the blood

nuxxx wrote: »
    No, corruption and greed circles through the blood

i dont know, there does appear to be a culture of corruption and greed.

but what does it say about us as a people, if we overlook/embrace/collude with this type of carry on?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

i dont know, there does appear to be a culture of corruption and greed.

but what does it say about us as a people, if we overlook/embrace/collude with this type of carry on?:o

It says we're Thick

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How many FF politicians are before the courts or have charges pending?
    I can think of 3 off the top of my head.
    And then there's their past misdeeds an indiscretions, which could easily take up a whole book.

I fully accept every political party has its' odd renegade, some more than others,
    even SF appears to have embraced respectability and decency, but there does appear to be more than a few fully paid up members of the 'Soldiers of Destitution' who are delinquents and shisters.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/ivor-callely-to-stand-trial-for-mobile-phone-expense-claims-29221875.html

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-ff-councillor-oflynn-charged-over-triple-murder-plot-29108536.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ex-ff-councillor-guilty-of-being-drunk-and-a-danger-217109.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/former-ff-senator-charged-with-demanding-100-000-with-menaces-1.1371182

Not while Callely is trying for free legal aid - massive own goal if ever there was one.

I want to see a few convictions as well as some sort of admission from Bertie, Brian and Charlie that, yes, they did indeed have their own interests ahead of the nation's.

Oh, and some form of policy change as well.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

God I ****ing hate AH's because of threads like this. Grind axe elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

trouttrout wrote: »
    God I ****ing hate AH's because of threads like this. Grind axe elsewhere

Is that a "something was said - not good - HOW DARE YE!!!" comment in disguise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Is that a "something was said - not good - HOW DARE YE!!!" comment in disguise?

No it was a "I don't care about Fianna Fail changing their spots and if I did I wouldn't be consulting AH's about it" post

No it was a "I don't care about Fianna Fail changing their spots and if I did I wouldn't be consulting AH's about it" post

And yet, here you are....

Is it the most corrupt party in Europe?

Most corrupt party north of Milan, probably.
    Ha! OP, Fianna Fail are still the party that tore this country in two, and they ain't changed one bit. The fact they lead the polls again boggles.

Ironic, considering they were built on the premise of trying to do the exact opposite...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

uch wrote: »
    It says we're Thick

Saying people were 'thick' doesn't explain it entirely though. Unfortunately there was a massive culture of deference here for a long time. Towards the church, the guards, the medical and legal professions and of course the good old politicians aswell. All of them in different ways abused the powers bestowed on them, with the insidious hand of the cronyist self-serving politician involved at all levels. And we're really only waking up from that now.

So why did you bother posting here then? Have you nothing else to be doing?

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Saying people were 'thick' doesn't explain it entirely though. Unfortunately there was a massive culture of deference here for a long time. Towards the church, the guards, the medical and legal professions and of course the good old politicians aswell. All of them in different ways abused the powers bestowed on them, with the insidious hand of the cronyist self-serving politician involved at all levels. And we're really only waking up from that now.

i grew up in a small town/glorified village in the '70s and the level of deference, cow-towing, doffing of the cap towards people who did nothing to warrant such 'status' was truly sickening.
    it still goes on. sycophantism is alive 'n well.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Ironic, considering they were built on the premise of trying to do the exact opposite...

Far from it.

Set up by Dev, a man corrupt to the core.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Far from it.

Set up by Dev, a man corrupt to the core.

I meant, with the goal of uniting a country in two parts as opposed totearing one up!

• Advertisement

Here are some of the FFers most recent alleged indiscretions.
    • making a series of bogus mobile phone expense claims when a member of Seanad.
    • soliciting someone to murder a garda, a Revenue Commissioner's official and an accountant.
    • being drunk and a danger, being threatening, abusive or insulting; and carrying a knife.
    • demanding money with menaces.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Leopards? More like a cuttlefish they change their colours to suit their surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It's often the lesser creeps within FF that give some clue as to the moral vacuum that's always existed within the party.

Former T.D. GV Wright's car collided with a pedestrian at North Strand in Dublin, causing multiple fractures to her leg. A conviction for drink driving followed.

Resigning issue? Nah.

In March 2012, the Mahon Tribunal found that Wright had received a IR£5,000 "corrupt" payment from Christopher Jones in November 1992, in relation to the Ballycullen/Beechill rezoning projects.

On 27 March 2012, he resigned from Fianna Fáil before he could be expelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A scumbag party supported by utter morons and crooks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Does anyone have any photos of the fianna fail leopard? I hope its not just a leopard with a fianna fail jacket on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will not be voting for Fianna Fail especially while they still retain members of the last Govt like Martin and O'Dea. They should have abandoned the holed ship like the others while carrying bags of loot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Tbh, I'm in no way surprised at their recent resurgence in the polls - what with the chronic amnesia among much of the electorate in this country.

However, they are a parody of a political party, imo. How they can stand up in the Dáil/appear on TV and radio and spout the shíte that they do, should tell you everything you need to know about them.

Spineless, hypocritical, shameless guttersnipes. And no, I won't apologise for my use of most unparliamentary language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Leopards cant change there spots and either can Fianna Fail, But that wont stop them getting re elected in the next general election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

4000 of them in one place all weekend, a small enough bomb would be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fianna Fail's ethos will always be to do whatever it takes to win votes and get/stay in power, no matter how detrimental it is to the country.

Free stuff for everyone and let the other crowd be unpopular for trying to sort out the mess.

Fianna Fail's ethos will always be to do whatever it takes to win votes and get/stay in power, no matter how detrimental it is to the country.

Free stuff for everyone and let the other crowd be unpopular for trying to sort out the mess.

i remember during the collapse, all Cowen was concerned about and all he was bleating on about was "the pearty, the pearty, the pearty".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

i remember during the collapse, all Cowen was concerned about and all he was bleating on about was "the pearty, the pearty, the pearty".

As I recall that was all he was good at.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

galwayrush wrote: »
    4000 of them in one place all weekend, a small enough bomb would be enough.

There's never a terrorist around when you need one...........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

FF will always be around because there will always be greedy, lazy, dishonest people to join up. It's high time we closed down the old boys club for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

There's never a terrorist around when you need one...........

Thinking about , biological weapons would be the way to go, no point destroying a perfectly good building.

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »
    Thinking about , biological weapons would be the way to go, no point destroying a perfectly good building.

That would be too fast, need to make them suffer. I'm thinking re enactments of the movie Saw 1-18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I find it very hard to take Michael Martin seriously. Tonight he was waffling on about the state of the health service.

He was the Minister of Health who created the bureaucratic monster that is the HSE.

He was also a righthand man of Bertie during his 13 years as Taoiseach. Always held a senior ministry.

His sudden road to Damascus conversion doesn't wash with me. He's a poster boy for the worst excesses of the 'Celtic Tiger'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You could say that Fine Gael and Labour have taken FFs spots off them and made them even bigger now.

FG and Labour are an even bigger shower of gombeens and are only there to protect their fat pay cheques and pensions and and keep certain bank chiefs happy and in power.

Cant wait to see Gilmore taken down off his high horse podium and run out of it by his own party.

That day is fast approaching Mr Gilmore

Sergeant wrote: »
    I find it very hard to take Michael Martin seriously. Tonight he was waffling on about the state of the health service.

He was the Minister of Health who created the bureaucratic monster that is the HSE.

He was also a righthand man of Bertie during his 13 years as Taoiseach. Always held a senior ministry.

His sudden road to Damascus conversion doesn't wash with me. He's a poster boy for the worst excesses of the 'Celtic Tiger'.

Micheal was happy as long as he got the odd pat on the head!

paddy147 wrote: »
    You could say that Fine Gael and Labour have taken FFs spots off them and made them even bigger now.

FG and Labour are an even bigger shower of gombeens and are only there to protect their fat pay cheques and pensions and and keep certain bank chiefs happy and in power.

Cant wait to see Gilmore taken down off his high horse podium and run out of it by his own party.

Nah. The current Government are severely hamstrung by the decisions and agreements made by the last shower. I cannot see how social democrats like Gilmore and Burton are making the decisions they are making out of some desire to cause pain. The country has no money. We have to make cuts to get out of it. Sad but true.

FF are engaging in the type of ridiculous populism that SF were spouting out a couple of weeks ago. It's easy see through.

• Advertisement

In fairness to them, what do you expect them to do? They took over a heap of s**t economy, with the damage already done by FF.

The one thing I would say they are guilty of and are definitely paying for now, especially Labour, is 'promising' too much.

Labour's current unpopularity is their own fault. Realistically they were never going to be the largest party in the new government, and their campaign manager should have realised that and told them to ease off on the "Labour's way" etc bs.

An extremely poor election strategy is the reason they find themselves so unpopular today, not necessarily their decision making, imo.

nummnutts wrote: »
    In fairness to them, what do you expect them to do? They took over a heap of s**t economy, with the damage already done by FF.

The one thing I would say they are guilty of and are definitely paying for now, especially Labour, is 'promising' too much.

Labour's current unpopularity is their own fault. Realistically they were never going to be the largest party in the new government, and their campaign manager should have realised that and told them to ease off on the "Labour's way" etc bs.

An extremely poor election strategy is the reason they find themselves so unpopular today, not necessarily their decision making, imo.

They (Fg and labour) both told pack after pack of blatant lies to get into power.

They then rubbed our noses in it,and still do to this day.:eek::rolleyes::mad:

Just a sample of the lies.........

We will burn the bondholders

We will tackle the banks head on

We will cap pay salaries of high end people and bank chiefs

We will cut costly quangos and we will not hire extra advisory people that are not needed

We wont target the poor and needy

We wont target the disabled.

I could go on here...but you get the point now I presume.:)

indeed.
    when in sales i was always advised to "under-promise & over-deliver". eg you might say to a client that it will take you 3 weeks to organise something, knowing that you will actually get it in 2. Then when you deliver in 2 weeks, your client thinks your fantastic!
    Lab & FG did the exact opposite, and now their clients are cheesed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

They (Fg and labour) both told pack after pack of blatant lies to get into power.

We will cut costly quangos and we will not hire extra advisory people that are not needed

Do you understand how a coalition government actually works?

I do.

I voted for FG,as I actually thought they were serious about what they were prommising.

They clearly had no intentions of keeping prommises.

And they still tell packs of lies and then continue fcuk over the people in the mean time.

Fine Gael and Labour are jointly doing it.

Look at how they are treating all the banks and big bankers with the golden pillow and fat pay cheques,while the banks fcuk people over with even more mortgage rate increases.

The banks and elite rich are well protected while the middle and lower class people of Ireland are savaged by FG/Labour.

Your point being?

They ALL do it. Every party in every country in the world engages in this sort of electoral activity. That is politics. It's a dirty dirty game.

It's up to you (the voter) to believe/not believe what they say, and vote accordingly on your best instincts/knowledge. It will never change. It's much greater than a systematic issue.

But to think that what you're trying to tell me is that the party who got us into this mess are better than the parties currently in government? Give me a break.

Just watching/listening to the FFers trying to distance themselves from the 'old' pre 2011 FF party makes me sick. They're led by a clown who was an integral part of the party throughout the late 90's and 2000's. Yet, if you were to believe him you'd think he had nothing to do with it.

Shower of clueless 'out for themselves' gob****es. Always have been, always will be.

I take it you have an Ard Fheis to be up for in the morning, so I'll bid you a good night.

Or pragmatism.

Your point being?

They ALL do it. Every party in every country in the world engages in this sort of electoral activity. That is politics. It's a dirty dirty game.

It's up to you (the voter) to believe/not believe what they say, and vote accordingly on your best instincts/knowledge. It will never change. It's much greater than a systematic issue.

But to think that what you're trying to tell me is that the party who got us into this mess are better than the parties currently in government? Give me a break.

Just watching/listening to the FFers trying to distance themselves from the 'old' pre 2011 FF party makes me sick. They're led by a clown who was an integral part of the party throughout the late 90's and 2000's. Yet, if you were to believe him you'd think he had nothing to do with it.

Shower of clueless 'out for themselves' gob****es. Always have been, always will be.

I take it you have an Ard Fheis to be up for in the morning, so I'll bid you a good night.

Good choice of words to describe Kenny,Gilmore and the rest of the FG/Labour muppets.

Actually I have a back garden bench to paint in the morning (weather permitting) and then off out to meet my girlfriend for some lunch.

Night night so.:D

Good choice of words to describe Kenny,Gilmore and the rest of the FG/Labour muppets.

Actually I have a back garden bench to paint in the morning (weather permitting) and then off out to meet my girlfriend for some lunch.

Night night so.:D

Good comeback.

Good comeback.

Thanks.
    Take it easy,enjoy the rest of your night.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement