Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this site need an overhaul?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    We have a portfolio website which we are thinking of completely overhauling to do something like www.kooba.ie utilising HTML5 and twitter bootstrap.

But we're not sure if we want to throw away what we have. The site we have is completely responsive, resize the broser to see columns change. Let me know what ye think. The url is www.webintelligence.ie.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

You don't have to trow away what you have :)
    One page sites..............
    Not sure if "ordinary" users grasp it :)
    Your choice really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Hi
    We have a portfolio website which we are thinking of completely overhauling to do something like www.kooba.ie utilising HTML5 and twitter bootstrap.

But we're not sure if we want to throw away what we have. The site we have is completely responsive, resize the broser to see columns change. Let me know what ye think. The url is www.webintelligence.ie.
    Cheers

I only get a 404 error.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭maxmarmalade

I only get a 404 error.

Was updating, should be back soon

new site is up now. please review. note: does not work on smartphones yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Viewing this on Win7 & Chrome 28 dev.
    Looks like an off the shelf html5 template.

"we build cross platform" etc is hard to read. Font is too narrow.

The phone images don't really fit in with the rest of the theme. http://www.cyanogenmod.org/ pulls it off better.

Cant read your names on the wanted posters. They look really tacky, and the photos are straight from facebook. I'd get professional ones taken.

Footer seems a little large.

Coded in Ireland isn't really a selling point in my eyes. I guess it's a little better than "we act as middlemen for indian e-desking" but it doesn't have the credibility that it used to, just like "As seen on TV".

Skull logo looks cropped to a square on the left edge. I think it would look better complete.

Social network logos at the top of the page don't fit the theme IMO. Particularly their shape.

"Mobile apps" section with phones, would be nice if those flew away in different directions like the effect at the top. The parallax is nicely done.

You should link to the app you developed in both google play and itunes. I'm not bothered to search, but I might click a link. (is that for reading FACS data? ok, I might check it out, I'm also a post-grad in biochemistry and this might actually be useful)

The blue call to action button doesnt fit well with the theme. Feels very like it was an option on a template

No company registration number, terms of service and all that legal nonsense.

Buttons on portfolio slideshow aren't centred.

I think there's a lot that can be done with the site. A proper portfolio would be a good start where I can click through to the website you made, or find out more about the project as a whole. i.e. what goals you were set, how you met those goals, on time/budget etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the detailed feedback. All valid points. I agree about phones images, we have plans to change those. The app isn't on the stores yet, will be soon.

Advertisement