Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Oxegen 2013 now be cancelled?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

After festival organisers announced according to the majority of people, the worst line up in the history of music festivals for this years Oxegen 2013 weekend, is it too late for the organisers to pull the plug and save irreparable damage?

Or is this a great tourism strategy of getting every scumbag in the country into a big field over the August bank holiday weekend whilst making a lot of money from them and keeping our towns and cities safe and clean over the holiday period? Is it a coincidence or could this really be a 'Gathering 2013' initiative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

IBTL :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I think when people talk about Oxegen they should stop linking words like 'scumbag' to it. I'm not sure where this reference comes from but it's ludicrous.

Every festival gathers many people from many different backgrounds together in one place at one time. This really irks me that people think Oxegen is the Scumbag Festival. Where's the proof? Are Phoenix Park gigs going to be synonymous with stabbings and bad behaviour because of what happened at ONE gig there last year?

Get over it, people. Move on. Oxegen has a great line up... let the prejudices sit in the past please. We're such a feckin' nation of moaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

^^^^ Scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Get over it, people. Move on. Oxegen has a great line up... let the prejudices sit in the past please. We're such a feckin' nation of moaners.

I don't get the whole scumbag thing either. Large crowds + drink + drugs = trouble at some stage. it's inevitable.
    But the line up is fairly shít this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

It will sell a fair amount of tickets. Ironically of all the music festivals in Ireland the one appealling to the mainstream audience is the most niche as dance and indie music is already well covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Bit OTT to suggest cancelling it. Ok so the line up isn't what you want out of a festival but it is probably what 18-22 demo want and that's who it's being geared too. There's EP as an alternative and various other festivals around the country if Oxegen isnt to your liking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement