Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nova Scotia Duck Toller

• 25-04-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

First thread so go easy on me.

Does anyone have any experience of the above Dog? I'm not in a position at the minute but hoping over the next couple of months to get one of these from a breeder.

My father has a very successful working kennel and I would like to enter the Toller into trials.

How are they among other breeds. How do they fit into the Irish Climate.

Basically love to hear if anybody knows much about any of these.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The only one ive met belongs to a work colleague and she is a beautiful dog. Lovely personality, inquisitive and very active. I didnt know anything about this breed and they are much smaller than the golden,lab or flat coat. If you would like me to find out where she got her from let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paulmcgrath

Ive already had a look on the Kennel Club website and It looks like i'll be going to the uk for a breeder, which im quite happy to do.

Does your friend trial? or work the dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Does your friend trial? or work the dog?
    No, just a normal house pet and great with her 3 kids. (3 under 6y.o :eek:). As far as i can recollect she got her from the UK also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Have you tried posting on the hunting forum? The reason I ask is that we were at the ikc expo last month and there was a gundog display - we didn't stay for it but we were chatting to a lady and petting all the retrivers (I have a GR) - every kind of retriever except the Nova Scotia of course because I was interested to see one in real life!! :p Possibly somebody in the hunting forum may know of breeders in the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paulmcgrath

tk123 wrote: »
    Have you tried posting on the hunting forum? The reason I ask is that we were at the ikc expo last month and there was a gundog display - we didn't stay for it but we were chatting to a lady and petting all the retrivers (I have a GR) - every kind of retriever except the Nova Scotia of course because I was interested to see one in real life!! :p Possibly somebody in the hunting forum may know of breeders in the uk?

Could you point me in the direction of the hunting forum please.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Could you point me in the direction of the hunting forum please.

:o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1014

Advertisement