Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Protank or iClear30?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

grindle wrote: »
    Rebuilt a Protank with cotton recently and it was handling 10 watts just fine.

Bananas amount of vapour out of it.

Cheers for doing a few re-builds for me grindle. The T2s with the cotton are great and easily replaced. The Protank while producing a massive amount of vapour has feck flavour, maybe the 4.8 on my twist isn't enough? I'd swap for a Protank for a couple of T2s if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Dubba wrote: »
    The T2s with the cotton

Is this a typo or is someone rebuilding T2s?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Dubba wrote: »
    The Protank while producing a massive amount of vapour has feck flavour, maybe the 4.8 on my twist isn't enough? I'd swap for a Protank for a couple of T2s if anyone's interested.

4.6v and over would be getting into dangerous territory, the limits of the cotton might be breached - I think 4.6v is what I set my mod to.

Tasted good for a clearo when I had a toke... Bit warmer than I remember the T3 being and still a bit of flavour there.

You have wire now, go on, treat yourself to an iGO-L. Go on... GO. ON.

Exam-time-permitting of course.
    jamie72 wrote: »

Not sure if he meant he'd rewicked his but they can be rebuilt, yeah.

jamie72 wrote: »

Just took out the old wick and replaced with a pice of cotton back into the coil. Added another pice ontop and jobs a good one.

Yep I keep it at around 4.6, anything over starts tasting a bit burnt.

In my experience the T2s are much better taste wise than the Protank. I seen someone say that this could be due to the proximity of the head to the mouth piece, kinda make sence I suppose.

The Puros you gsve me is great too, seems nicer than before, was it mixed with a bit of caramel?

Must have a look at this iGO L jobbie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

The protank heads are extremely easy to rebuild and work out much better than the ones that come with it. I've been using 3mm wick and 4 wraps of 0.20 kanthal, can't check the resistance as I don't have a mod that can do that at the moment (using a UDT-L) but I reckon it's around 1.6-1.8, much more vapour than the higher resistance heads.

Currently using it with el toro eden and it's a better vape in the pro tank than the A7, even approaching what it was like with the RDA it's in heyday (but without the TH). Not bad for a clearo!:eek:

And miles better than a T3, even besides the leaking...

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

rickyjb wrote: »
    And miles better than a T3, even besides the leaking...

I hope you mean that T3's leaked and the ProTank isn't?

I gave up on the T3's myself because of gurgling and leaking issues. Haven't had any gurgles or leaks with Protank yet. Fingers crossed I never ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I'm still not impressed with the ProTank,just doesn't do it for me.Decent looking bit of kit but for me that's pretty much all it has to offer.

The iClear 30 is performing particularly well for me at the mo.

Amazing how different people can be. I'm loving the Protank but decided I wasn't giving the iClear30 a fair shot so put on a new head and filled it with Supreme Vanilla Custard. It's just meh. Flavour's not great and draw a bit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I hope you mean that T3's leaked and the ProTank isn't?

I gave up on the T3's myself because of gurgling and leaking issues. Haven't had any gurgles or leaks with Protank yet. Fingers crossed I never ever do.

That's exactly what I meant, no issues so far with the protank. Need to give the connector a wipe occasionally but nothing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

sept09baby wrote: »
    Amazing how different people can be. I'm loving the Protank but decided I wasn't giving the iClear30 a fair shot so put on a new head and filled it with Supreme Vanilla Custard. It's just meh. Flavour's not great and draw a bit tight.

It can be a bit temperamental.I hated it at first,but when I stuck some Cigarrillos in it,it performed really well.Have '1st choice' in another one and I've had no issues.It seems to work better with thinner based liquids.

I reckon I'll try the GS V-Core next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Just saw a video for a mini protank,can they be got here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

damon5 wrote: »
    Just saw a video for a mini protank,can they be got here..

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bambi1981

Protank seems very good to me so far, 24 hours in, no leaks or gurgles, comparing to a T3.

Seems more solid made than the vivi nova too, but as I say 24 hours

Advertisement