Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Problem with Bookmarks

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Folks, i have probably got a very straight forward issue here but its wrecking my head.

Win 7 - Firefox 20 - Multiple Profiles

I have one user setup and create standard bookmarks that will be needed for all users on this machine. How can i copy the exact same bookmarks to all other users?

Been looking at this website and it seems to suggest it can be done ???
    1. Exit Firefox
    2. Start -> Run -> type ‘%APPDATA%’
    3. Select Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles
    4. Copy profile folder (XXXXXXX.default) and paste it to desired location (eg. C:\Firefox\Profiles)
    5. Start -> Run -> type ‘firefox.exe -ProfileManager’
    6. Click ‘Create Profile’
    7. Click ‘Choose Folder’
    8. Select the newly copied folder (eg. C:\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXX.default)
    9. Now select the newly created profile and click ‘Start Firefox’ — check that all your cookies etc are there

I assume this part will be done on Profile A
    1. Exit Firefox
    2. Start -> Run -> type ‘%APPDATA%’
    3. Select Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles
    4. Copy profile folder (XXXXXXX.default) and paste it to desired location (eg. C:\Firefox\Profiles)

And then the rest done when logged into profile B, C, D, etc.
    5. Start -> Run -> type ‘firefox.exe -ProfileManager’
    6. Click ‘Create Profile’
    7. Click ‘Choose Folder’
    8. Select the newly copied folder (eg. C:\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXX.default)
    9. Now select the newly created profile and click ‘Start Firefox’ — check that all your cookies etc are there

Edit: Sorry about that .... Step 5a should be 'Remove Default Profile first' .... all done and sorted !!!

Advertisement