Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aga T+ , SS Mesh & Juice Flow

Options
  • 25-04-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Im using 60PG/40VG Strawberry Liquid in my Aga T+.

When the Tank gets to just under a third left the juice seems to be thicker and darker. It also seems to wick slower.

I cant remember which mesh im using its either 325 or 400.

My feeling is that the PG is going through the mesh faster than the VG, does this sound likely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Are you doing the genny tilt? Is your wick rolled too tight or too loose?

Maybe try using #500 mesh, that's what I use and with 50/50 juice, I can empty a tank without even doing the genny tilt.

The juice tends to darken from the oxidised wick. Try not oxidising at all or just doing the top part where the coil is.

Echo...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

superneat wrote: »
    Are you doing the genny tilt? Is your wick rolled too tight or too loose?

Maybe try using #500 mesh, that's what I use and with 50/50 juice, I can empty a tank without even doing the genny tilt.

The juice tends to darken from the oxidised wick. Try not oxidising at all or just doing the top part where the coil is.

Had to look it up, yes I do Vape practically horizontal ( Genny Tilt ), the more juice the better the flavour it seems.
    I do roll the wicks super tight, in the belief that they will loosen up a bit upon insertion.
    Can you put a pin through your wicks? give us a pic of your wick?

I dont want to get 500 just yet as want to use the the lot of stuff i have. I may try the tips abover and rool it a bit looser. Thanks dude

Ya that's the issue right there I'd say.
    If the wick is too tight, there is less space for the juice to flow through, so it can't wick as fast as needed.
    All my wicks are like straws, hole down the centre, and that always works spot on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Is it normal to get a puddle of juice or condensation (not sure which) at the base where the coil is? So much that when I tilt it towards me with the air hole facing down to soak the wick, it starts gurgling?
    I have left out the filler plug to allow the liquid to flow back into the tank.
    Im using the rsst, same thing happens with 325 and 400mesh, and with 1.2, 1.6, and 2ohm coils.
    The wick is tightish in the hole with a little hole in the middle(.5mmish).
    Using 70/30 pg/vg juice btw.

• Advertisement

That's an inherent problem with all gennys, as long as the atty is mostly kept upright it shouldn't be that much of a problem though.

When I first started using the AGA T, I was doing the genny tilt even when the tank was full so obviously the juice was seeping out of the fill hole and causing that gurgling.

Now I only tilt when the tank is nearly empty and I only ever have a few drops of juice on the deck. You'll get juice there anyway from the wick "spitting" when it's firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Cheers super, so the filler plug or screw should always be left out in a genny for this reason?
    Im finding the wick gets so wet that sometimes it wont fire, and I have to hold the fire button for a few seconds till it bursts into life.
    Tbh Im finding silica a better vape than mesh, I find mesh to be a little harsh or something but its early days for me so that might change!

Some people leave it in so it has less chance of leaking out when tilting but others, myself included, leave it out so that it wicks better.

Mesh has a certain break in time, it is harsh at first, maybe two or three tanks worth of juice to get it going!

After that it as smooth as anything, believe me.

But even still though, mesh isn't for everyone, we all have our individual tastes. Look at all the carto/clearo lovers out there, can't stand em myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 _charlie_

The biggest issue with the rbas' with mesh, that there are tons of different ways to do it.
    I tried different mesh, different sizes, etc... ...and I'd say, any type of mesh is good if you find the way to do it.

The last one I tried and currently using is a bigger size of a 500 mesh with a hole inside. There's a smaller, tightly done mesh inside that hole. The whole wick fits tightly in it's place but I can still move it. There's no hole inside at all. I oxidized it very carefully.
    I don't even have to tilt the atty, I can use up all the liquid with that kind of mesh, even from the very bottom of the tank.

Advertisement