Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S4 Vs HTC One

• 25-04-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

I don't think this belongs in either thread so hopefully it's okay. These are the two best android phones on the market right now, I can't decide which one to get. Here's my pros and cons.

S4 Pros:
    • Android 4.2
    • HD, 5" sexy AMOLED screen
    • 13mp camera with HD video recording
    • Good battery
    • Better processor (1.9ghz vs. 1.7ghz)
    • Expandable storage and removable battery
    Cons:
    • Poorer build quality including apparently really inferior speakers
    • All that bloatware no-one will ever use (Air touch, stupid video auto-pause etc.) - apparently making boot time alone 3 times slower on the S4 than the HTC, and with slightly slower menu navigation. Also I'd be nervous about rooting such an expensive phone particularly because I have no idea how to root a phone :D
    HTC Pros:
    • €100 cheaper (for me, Meteor on a €30.50 18 month contract it's 200 vs. 300 for the S4).
    • Sturdier build quality including very good speakers
    • Comparatively fast boot and operation times
    Cons:
    • Poor quality video apparently
    • Sense 5.0 is a slightly weird UI to get what used to
    • Non-swappable memory / battery
    • 4.7" screen vs. 5" (don't know if that makes too much difference)!
    • Android 4.1
    Do people that own these phones have anymore input?

Which do you prefer? 45 votes

Samsung Galaxy S4
    0% 0 votes
    HTC One
    100% 45 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Those meteor prices have just been released and will most likely be revised before the weekend.
    Both phones are quality, if you can deal with poorer battery and smaller screen then maybe the htc is for you. Don't like the layout of the home buttons on the HTC, but I suppose I could get used to them. Sound quality is superb though.

I'm getting the HTC, but will most likely swap for the s4 in a few months.

Only thing I'm worried about with the HTC is once the updates start coming, and after 6 months there batteries tend to go to shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 allstarcast

I just purchased the s4 on meteor.I've had the htc sensation for the last while, it survived the washing machine. I would have gone with htc again if only for its shiny shiny looks, irreplaceable battery and 4mp camera. The camera is supposed to be great in low light but not good in daylight.

I will go through your pros and cons list as if I was to buy one of the two. Not you, but me, so what I will say will certainly differ from what you want from a phone.

S4 Pros:
    • Android 4.2 - Doesn't matter to me as I will install CM 10.1 on either phone
    • HD, 5" sexy AMOLED screen Hmmmm, you seem to be implying the G4 screen is better? That is highly debatable.
    • 13mp camera with HD video recording I agree
    • Good battery A bigger battery certainly, but also a bigger screen and processor. Time will tell if the battery life is better
    • Better processor (1.9ghz vs. 1.7ghz) Yes
    • Expandable storage and removable battery Yes to expandable storage. Removable battery not so important for me

Cons:
    • Poorer build quality including apparently really inferior speakers I will never use the speakers and plastics don't bother me
    • All that bloatware no-one will ever use (Air touch, stupid video auto-pause etc.) - apparently making boot time alone 3 times slower on the S4 than the HTC, and with slightly slower menu navigation. Also I'd be nervous about rooting such an expensive phone particularly because I have no idea how to root a phone :D As before, I will install CM 10.1
    HTC Pros:
    • €100 cheaper I would be buying PAYG
    • Sturdier build quality including very good speakers As before
    • Comparatively fast boot and operation times I'd say they will both run CM 10.1 equally well as long as S4 is non-exynos
    Cons:
    • Poor quality video apparently I would never use it
    • Sense 5.0 is a slightly weird UI to get what used to CM 10.1
    • Non-swappable memory / battery Yes
    • 4.7" screen vs. 5" (don't know if that makes too much difference)! Meh
    • Android 4.1 CM 10.1

To be honest if I was to get a new phone I would get an Xperia Z. Have all the benefits of a flagship phone as well as AOSP.

But this is just me!

With regards to Xperia z http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/03/20/some-xperia-z-handsets-dropping-dead-sony-says-a-fix-is-coming/ and there is a whole thread dedicated to that phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I just purchased the s4 on meteor.I've had the htc sensation for the last while, it survived the washing machine. I would have gone with htc again if only for its shiny shiny looks, irreplaceable battery and 4mp camera. The camera is supposed to be great in low light but not good in daylight.

If you were to aggregate reviews 8/10 prefer the One as do I.

The Camera on the One is a better all rounder.

In bright conditions the S4 will take Fantastic pics while the One's pics will just be good.

In low light the One Kills everything and the S4 is garbage.

Zoe is great if you have kids + does just as much if not more than the S4's camera feature + the incredibly fast shutter means you can capture those precious moments without blur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

With regards to Xperia z http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/03/20/some-xperia-z-handsets-dropping-dead-sony-says-a-fix-is-coming/ and there is a whole thread dedicated to that phone

So just like the GS3 and quite possible the GS4 a year from now...

Dont worry about boot times, you wont be rebooting that often for it to matter.

If you're interested in the camera Sony top the pile IMO(exception: Nokia 808). Problem is lazy ass developers.

Regarding the One, the fact that HTC barely got it to ship is worrying and the company as a whole isnt doing great. Wouldnt be buying from them.

ED E wrote: »

Regarding the One, the fact that HTC barely got it to ship is worrying and the company as a whole isnt doing great. Wouldnt be buying from them.

The device is shipping even tho they have had issues with certain components.

The company is also still in Black so this comment makes no sense, Nokia have just made there 1st profit in 2 years so im not sure what your trying to say.

beno619 wrote: »
    If you were to aggregate reviews 8/10 prefer the One as do I.

The Camera on the One is a better all rounder.

In bright conditions the S4 will take Fantastic pics while the One's pics will just be good.

In low light the One Kills everything and the S4 is garbage.

Zoe is great if you have kids + does just as much if not more than the S4's camera feature + the incredibly fast shutter means you can capture those precious moments without blur.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_vs_htc_one-review-913.php this is the site used by Carphone Warehouse sales people.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_vs_htc_one-review-913.php this is the site used by Carphone Warehouse sales people.

Like I said 8/10 the only to sites that recommend the GS4 over the One are Gsmarena and Phonearena.

Those sites also happened to rush reviews out way before most of the more well respected publications.

The link you posted was full of opinions and contradictory conclusions.

This is also the 1st time I've heard anybody insinuate that phone sales staff know what there selling. I would also hope they wouldn't need to use gsmarena to recommend phones.

Yeah and 9/10 cats prefer whiskers.

• Advertisement

Yeah and 9/10 cats prefer whiskers.

Its actually 8 out of 10 cats these days.

Hahaha! my s4 should be delivered in a few days. Will give a report after a weeks use, if that's any use to anyone on this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Although I much prefer the styling and speakers of the HTC One and truth be told prefer Sense UI to any other flavour of Android (Even AOSP), I think i'll be going with the S4.

Mainly because i've been buying HTC's phones since 2010 and want to feel like i'm getting a new phone and not just an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bwal

Anybody know which has the best warrenty? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

ED E wrote: »

That's another thing I considered, in general you are going to get better customer support, 3rd party support and accessories etc. with the GS4 because it will be so popular. Also ties in with the newer droid version, 4.1 is a year old now I think.
    bwal wrote: »
    Anybody know which has the best warrenty? ?

Also, if you go near a phone with CM 10.1 you lose all trace of warranty / insurance coverage etc. right?

Still mentally wrestling this alright....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's another thing I considered, in general you are going to get better customer support, 3rd party support and accessories etc. with the GS4 because it will be so popular. Also ties in with the newer droid version, 4.1 is a year old now I think.
    Tbh, HTC have never had any issues with support. Even with their less popular phones.

Also, if you go near a phone with CM 10.1 you lose all trace of warranty / insurance coverage etc. right?

Still mentally wrestling this alright....

I would say only accessories would be better because Samsung make very good accessories.

Most of the cyonegen devs have picked up One's and are loving it and there is already an alpha build.

As long as you return the phone to stock you shouldn't have any reason to be refused a warranty replacement or repair.

They have to prove that you killed it by overclocking your processor ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭omega666

Another Con for the S4 is no FM radio. Still important for some people,

Saying that, I’d still go for the S4 because the HTC build quality is bit flaky.
    Give it 6 months and a few knocks which are going to happen and that Aluminium body is not going to age well.

It a nice looking phone but 90% of the people who buy the HTC are going to wrap it up in a plastic protective case so they might as well have gone with the samasung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I find it strange that so many discount the Xperia Z.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

I like the Xperia Z but Sony are still missing the boat IMHO.
    From what I have seen the launcher is a bit laggy and the viewing angles of the display arnt great, the USP is its waterproof ?
    It's also only shipping with an S4 pro processor.
    There quarterly flagship plan doesn't help either.

Sony are close to competing but they are still making a Iot of mistakes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

im currently using a Nexus 4 and have a free HTC One on the way. my man in O2 tells me there is a big demand for them at the moment..

plan to sell the one i like the least.. will keep ye posted..

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

I have the Xperia Play at the moment and still feel bitter toward Sony for that expensive piece of junk, so maybe next time round I'll get another Sony phone but not this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I've another thread with the iPhone5 v the Xperia z but I was in the shop today and the s4 is out and now I don't have a clue!!!

Using my phone as a walk man and camera would be a big thing for me along with emails etc. Jesus I'm lost...

It's difficult ain't it! At the moment I'm thinking the GS4, mostly because of the newer version of droid for which I want to develop some apps with, and I'm not sure if Cm will play as nicely with that - maybe it will but It's always easier to do these things legitimately

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I had the SGS2, first the front camera failed, then the back camera, so guess it was time to upgrade!

I was torn between the one, experiaZ and the S4. Initially the S4 seemed a no-brainer. Although the HTC has reportedly better camera for low light (which in Ireland is 90% of the time), great camera software and class front speakers, the S4 appeared to pretty much beat the One on every other technical spec you care to mention.

Then I read that the S4 does not have a FM radio. I know that does not matter to some people, but for me thats a killer. I live in the west, and don't always have good data coverage to recieve Internet radio. Radio is essential for me when out and about. So that left the HTC or Experia.

In the end, I went down to the shop, and held both HTC and Sony in hand, and really, reallly wanted to like the Sony due to its water prooofing. But sorry Sony, the HTC one is just a beautiful phone. Have the HTC for 2 weeks now, and lovin it. The only thing I can find to complain about is the sound is very loud, even when just one setting above mute, hope they can fix that in a future update.

The only thing I can find to complain about is the sound is very loud, even when just one setting above mute, hope they can fix that in a future update.

Think this has been fixed by the latest ota ending with .13

Went with the S4 in the end yesterday. So far I've noticed the screen gobbles up battery life, but what do you expect in this day and age. Really really nice display compared to even the S3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Went with the S4 in the end yesterday. So far I've noticed the screen gobbles up battery life, but what do you expect in this day and age. Really really nice display compared to even the S3

How bad is the battery life? Would there be much hope of getting 12-14 hours on medium use out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Why is everybody going mad about no radio...

I think its mental...

does tuneinradio not do the exact same thing?also with Google music I wouldn't touch the radio...

• Advertisement

I'm probably going to go down the S4 route myself. I've looked at numerous reviews and stuff, and it seems to literally be the best out there, but I do realise that personal preference plays a huge part.

Defo not getting the iphone 5.....defo.........nope.........ah..........sh1t!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Any rumors of S4 getting CyanogenMod? I want that phone, but samsung bloatware it not an option after using cm for more than 2 years on S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Kev. wrote: »

I think its mental...

does tuneinradio not do the exact same thing?also with Google music I wouldn't touch the radio...

Tuneinradio is a great app...however it requires a data connection. This is something that's still not up to scratch in many areas of the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

I myself am looking at these two phones.

My note II has gone to phone heaven (cursed water) and I'm currently back using my old Desire which is painful. I had considered getting a new note II but I always felt it was that bit too big even though I've quite big hands.

I have held all three and on that basis pretty much eliminated the xperia...I just found it's not a comfortable phone to hold if you get me...though that was only for a few minutes. The AOSP is a plus for it though.

I'm out of contract and have no intention of going back into one as two years is just too long imho.

Who/where are the best deals sim free/pay as you go for both of these devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Kev. wrote: »

I think its mental...

It uses data. It's far harder on the battery. You're dependant on sustained 3g signal. It's useless if you want to listen to commentary if you're at a match - it lags a couple of seconds after the FM broadcast.

It uses data. It's far harder on the battery. You're dependant on sustained 3g signal. It's useless if you want to listen to commentary if you're at a match - it lags a couple of seconds after the FM broadcast.

Jeez if you want to listen to a match on the radio then save yourself the price of a ticket and stay at home.
    Its like going to an oasis concert and puting head phones on and listening to their music on spotify because it sounds better.

My experience is that where mobile signal is bad the radio signal is equally as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I'll add to that;

S4 Pros:
    • Android 4.2
    • HD, 5" sexy AMOLED screen (sexy amoled screen is without doubt imo inferior to the screen on the one, in all but size, the one is sharper, clearer, and more natural than the cartoonish but still impressive S4, and I know other might prefer it)
    • 13mp camera with HD video recording (more megapixels yes, a better camera? Im not so sure, better in some areas most definitely worst in others. Mark my words, vendors will follow suit and start copying the Nokia Lumia and HTC One model very soon)
    • Good battery (Im not sure why this is here, tangibly, this will probably be a draw based on user preferences, screen, processor usage etc, time will tell)
    • Better processor (1.9ghz vs. 1.7ghz). (Slightly faster, same processor. Again, will this translate into the real world. I guess faster is always better though.)
    • Expandable storage and removable battery. (I have never, not even once taken the battery out of my Nexus. Expandable storage is a definite plus for those that will use it.)
    • Daylight camera performance
    • Lighter, slimmer phone
    HTC Pros:
    • €100 cheaper (for me, Meteor on a €30.50 18 month contract it's 200 vs. 300 for the S4).
    • Sturdier build quality including very good speakers. (Not just very good, but outstanding speakers, and it does matter)
    • Aesthetically, an absolute gem.
    • Sense, I think (bar a couple of minor things is a positive. Its quick, subtle and makes for a positive experience, and Im used to a Nexus)
    • Comparatively fast boot and operation times
    • Low light camera performance. In all honesty, overall I love the Camera.
    • FM Radio. Never thought I’d miss it but Im back using it (-:
    • I’ll stick this in, but again its not something anyone will notice, but, higher PPI

Smithy, you're killing me!!

I'd just made up my mind on the S4 and now I'm back to square one.

The S4, Ipone 5, Xperia Z and the HTC One.

Mod: Could we get a poll going on these or should I open a new thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

These two phones are both excellent, People are almost over analysing the phones at this stage, If you've had your current phone for more than a year than either phone will be a huge improvement for you. Trust me no matter which phone you choose, you'll love it.

When it comes to these two phones All that matters to me is how comfortable they feel in the hand and how good the battery life is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's a very tough choice. I'm currently using a Galaxy Nexus and I'm torn between going on contact for either the HTC One, GS4 or the Xperia Z, or just saving up and buying a Nexus 4 and staying on PayG. I'm edging towards the latter, but probably going to wait until the Google event for Android 5.0 just in case there's any surprise announcements in terms of increasing the storage, like they did with the Nexus 7.

chrislad wrote: »
    It's a very tough choice. I'm currently using a Galaxy Nexus and I'm torn between going on contact for either the HTC One, GS4 or the Xperia Z, or just saving up and buying a Nexus 4 and staying on PayG. I'm edging towards the latter, but probably going to wait until the Google event for Android 5.0 just in case there's any surprise announcements in terms of increasing the storage, like they did with the Nexus 7.

That's probably the best bet, wait for Google I/O, but I'm guessing that Key Lime Pie will be released with no major in-roads on a phone until later in the year, i.e. November. Maybe an improved Nexus 4 by LG in May/June. Could be wrong though...

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    These two phones are both excellent, People are almost over analysing the phones at this stage, If you've had your current phone for more than a year than either phone will be a huge improvement for you. Trust me no matter which phone you choose, you'll love it.

When it comes to these two phones All that matters to me is how comfortable they feel in the hand and how good the battery life is

100% agree. Cant go wrong with either. But if you're looking for the better looker, well........... :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Hey guys, right I know I'm late to this and it's obviously been asked already but I wanted to give people a few days with the S4 before I asked, I'm upgrading from an S2 and I want a HTC One, now my problem is I don't know why I want a HTC One or after looking at the specs or any of the reviews why anyone would go for the HTC One over the S4. They've all been mentioned already but a faster processor, bigger screen, bigger battery, gimmicks, better camera, expandable memory and latest Android version to name a few where the S4 is ahead. So besides build quality, which doesn't bother me because I'll be firing either one into an otterbox straight away, can anyone convince me in laymans terms why I should go for the HTC One? Or have I just made my own case for getting the S4? Also something that would concern me would be the frequency of Android updates, for example I bought my S2 around the same time my father bought a sensation and I recently got jelly bean but the sensation isn't getting it. Could you envisage this happening in the future? I should also mention that i've never had much trouble with the S2 and we've been inseparable over the last 21 months. Thanks.

Hey guys, right I know I'm late to this and it's obviously been asked already but I wanted to give people a few days with the S4 before I asked, I'm upgrading from an S2 and I want a HTC One, now my problem is I don't know why I want a HTC One or after looking at the specs or any of the reviews why anyone would go for the HTC One over the S4. They've all been mentioned already but a faster processor, bigger screen, bigger battery, gimmicks, better camera, expandable memory and latest Android version to name a few where the S4 is ahead. So besides build quality, which doesn't bother me because I'll be firing either one into an otterbox straight away, can anyone convince me in laymans terms why I should go for the HTC One? Or have I just made my own case for getting the S4? Also something that would concern me would be the frequency of Android updates, for example I bought my S2 around the same time my father bought a sensation and I recently got jelly bean but the sensation isn't getting it. Could you envisage this happening in the future? I should also mention that i've never had much trouble with the S2 and we've been inseparable over the last 21 months. Thanks.

The One's innovations are actually useful unlike the S4's gimmicks that slow down performance and you'll probably turn off.

The SLCD screen on the One is more accurately reproduces colours. SO unless your a fan of AMOLED's the One's Display is better.

Boomsound.

Best in class call quality.

Better overall camera experience. The S4 is better for bright scenes but fails in Low light, the One has excellent Low light and produces good pictures in bright scenes.

Super fast shutter means you wont get blurry images when taking pics of moving object (Children,Pets).

More camera features than the S4 and you only have to shoot in one mode to use them (Zoe).

Sense 5 lighter more attractive than touchwiz.

Samsung rolls out updates quicker but HTC's updates are usually better quality based on last years flagships the One X and S3's respective jellybean updates.

I want a HTC One, now my problem is I don't know why I want a HTC One or after looking at the specs or any of the reviews why anyone would go for the HTC One over the S4.

From the reputable reviews, I have read as many if not more that favour the HTC One. The Specs themselves are very similar, bar the Camera.

The One's innovations are actually useful unlike the S4's gimmicks that slow down performance and you'll probably turn off.

The SLCD screen on the One is more accurately reproduces colours. SO unless your a fan of AMOLED's the One's Display is better.

Boomsound.

Best in class call quality.

Better overall camera experience. The S4 is better for bright scenes but fails in Low light, the One has excellent Low light and produces good pictures in bright scenes.

Super fast shutter means you wont get blurry images when taking pics of moving object (Children,Pets).

More camera features than the S4 and you only have to shoot in one mode to use them (Zoe).

Sense 5 lighter more attractive than touchwiz.

Samsung rolls out updates quicker but HTC's updates are usually better quality based on last years flagships the One X and S3's respective jellybean updates.

I disagree, ive been showing off my S4 today and everyone wanted a go off the "gimmicks". Air view being quite popular! Hover your finger over emails and a little preview box comes up. Saves having to open every mail, It works quite well, very responsive.

The Camera is very good as well,I havent tried the HTC one camera but from reading the reviews the general agreement seems to be that it lags behind both the Iphone and S4 in every area apart from low light.

omega666 wrote: »
    I disagree, ive been showing off my S4 today and everyone wanted a go off the "gimmicks". Air view being quite popular! Hover your finger over emails and a little preview box comes up. Saves having to open every mail, It works quite well, very responsive.

The Camera is very good as well,I havent tried the HTC one camera but from reading the reviews the general agreement seems to be that it lags behind both the Iphone and S4 in every area apart from low light.

There gimmicks just like smart stay last year, most people turn them off after a week and never use them again.
    I played with it in o2 today and the gestures are hit and miss.

Having said that it was very nice and the gestures are enough to make the sale and show off to friends which is all that matters.

The camera is very good but the overall experience on the One will be better and considering we live in Ireland just about every shot will be low light :P.

How bad is the battery life? Would there be much hope of getting 12-14 hours on medium use out of it?

See I haven't had a new phone since the 2 year old Xperia Play, so much of this is new to me, I'm slightly surprised at how much of the battery goes on the screen. I love how informative the battery usage is now. The phone has been on wifi rather than 3G all day in this image, which would make a big difference. Out of those 10 hours the phone has probably been in use (browsing, playing with camera etc.) for about 4. Like if I hadn't touched it all day it'd definitely be above 90% - should definitely go for 12-14 hours medium usage.

screenshot2013042921042.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Just wondering beno619 and smithyseller, what is your current handset and what was your pervious handset, not saying your htc fanboys or anything but you know yourselves that some people are really set in their ways whether it be Apple, Samsung or HTC and can be biased without trying the rest. I myself came from an N900 to an S2 and am now considering a HTC so I have no allegiance to anyone.

There gimmicks just like smart stay last year, most people turn them off after a week and never use them again.
    I played with it in o2 today and the gestures are hit and miss.

Having said that it was very nice and the gestures are enough to make the sale and show off to friends which is all that matters.

The camera is very good but the overall experience on the One will be better and considering we live in Ireland just about every shot will be low light :P.

`

TBH most people don't really care how much RAM a fancy new phone has or what speed the processor is. They look at it for 5 seconds, say it nice and hand it back. Every phone does the same thing.

I think these "gimmicks" set the S4 apart from the rest. When the screen scrolls with your eye movement or using the hand gestures to move a web pages or using air view to preview stuff it catches peoples attention.
    Many not be something you use every day but it's nice to have the choice
    and to show people. I have to say i'm very happy with the S4.

Just wondering beno619 and smithyseller, what is your current handset and what was your pervious handset, not saying your htc fanboys or anything but you know yourselves that some people are really set in their ways whether it be Apple, Samsung or HTC and can be biased without trying the rest. I myself came from an N900 to an S2 and am now considering a HTC so I have no allegiance to anyone.

I'm currently using a One X and am admittedly a HTC fanboy but I try not to make that cloud my judgement.

The One, GS4 and to a slightly lesser extent the Xperia Z are all great phone and will be a quantum leap coming from the N900.

You should go into a store a try them and pick the one you like best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement