Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new plans ahead...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

Weather was awful today so benched instead of ran then I realised that there is a tower building that has 10 floors.. SOMEWHERE TO DO MY STAIR SPRINTS!! So off I went after my weights and did 8x10 second sprints up the stairs :) dad said to start with that so may go up. Finally got round to doing Nordic curls too, my hammies didn't like them!! Would have liked to have got my 600s r 2s done today but have all Friday and Sunday. Might get my 2s done during my break tomoro like last week, cause am baking tomoro eve. Am making scones, a crunchie bar cheesecake and some chocolate biscuit cake squares for my class, reason 1) to bribe them for votes as a rep for the chartered society of physios and 2) to celebrate lasting the 1st mnth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Best kind of bribery :D And well done, first month done and dusted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

roseybear wrote: »
    Weather was awful today so benched instead of ran then I realised that there is a tower building that has 10 floors.. SOMEWHERE TO DO MY STAIR SPRINTS!! So off I went after my weights and did 8x10 second sprints up the stairs :) dad said to start with that so may go up. Finally got round to doing Nordic curls too, my hammies didn't like them!! Would have liked to have got my 600s r 2s done today but have all Friday and Sunday. Might get my 2s done during my break tomoro like last week, cause am baking tomoro eve. Am making scones, a crunchie bar cheesecake and some chocolate biscuit cake squares for my class, reason 1) to bribe them for votes as a rep for the chartered society of physios and 2) to celebrate lasting the 1st mnth :D

After the Nordic's today I imagine the Hammies may flat out refuse :D

ECOLII wrote: »
    After the Nordic's today I imagine the Hammies may flat out refuse :D

quite possibly, but i'm only holding for up to 5 seconds atm so hopefully they wont be too horrific!!

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Best kind of bribery :D And well done, first month done and dusted!

think im actually the only one who wants to be the rep so i dunno if a bribe is needed but i'm a feeder and a natural "mammy" so don't mind looking after the class and giving them something to look forward to lol. I usually feed himself back home on a daily basis so i needed someone to feed again haha!!

all going well (and by that i mean that i dont burn everything and know how the oven works) i'll do my mums famous almond fruit loaf for next mnth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

quite possibly, but i'm only holding for up to 5 seconds atm so hopefully they wont be too horrific!!

The hold is the easy part, its the eccentric contractions I dread :P

took the day off training and study and just baked and ate!!! soooo full and still have the cheesecake for tomoro but gonna have some serious sugar to get me through the gym :D

cheesecake for breakfast and cheesecake and scones for pre-training.. god i feel crap ha! did my 200s, was ok felt a bit sluggish. took the shorter recovery so 45sec betweeen. may or may not deadlift tonight, depends how am feeling - track session tomoro so dont wana screw that up! 6 sleeps and im home!! for a few nights :D

so had a real lactic session experience this morn. ran down to the track and did my 150, 250, 350 and 450. was quite strict on recovery. the wind picked up for the 350 and 450 which was awful ha! 150 felt really good (22sec), took 5mins, 250 (39) took 8mins, 350 (57 - really felt this one!!!) took 12mins then 450 (1.23 - just tried to stay on my feet, really was swimming). then i had the 4k run back home again. managed not to puke, great session!

went for a little 3miler round the block tonight just to get rid of any lactic still lingering! i'll sleep well tonight :D

• Advertisement

Sounds like a very productive day! Make sure you don't forget to enter your times on the 10 round numbers table as soon as they start rolling in :)

may need to take the day off today, feeling a little off. it may be from looking at the computer screen all weekend but when i took my contact lenses out and just went for a walk to the shops i still felt crap. wondering could i be slightly anemic might book in for bloods this week just to check. in saying that it could be just a dose, have had to take paracetamol the past few days for my throat and a little bit of a cough. went to the gym earlier and could feel a pounding in my chest after one set so juts called it a day :( bed early tonight for me.

felt a bit meh again this morning but got up and went for a run. i felt better after for sure. am gonna put my tiredness and general feeling of bleuh down to the stuff i ate last week that im intolerant too - prob overdid it and the inflammation is getting to me now. going to be very strict for the next 48hrs and it should settle, if it doesnt then i have a dose. nice 45mins this morning, longest ive done in a loooonnng time! HOME IN 3 SLEEPS!!

gym session this eve, needed to be tired out to help me sleep! light sprinkling of snow fell earlier and its frozen now so it's very very slippy. tomoros session may be a treadmill job.. i could do my stairs session but id have to wait until later to do that... itd be very awkward to be caught doing them, id look very strange :D

SNOW!! so no run this morn.. in lectures til about 3.30 so will suss it out then, i get a good bit of light in the evenings now so once i leave before 4.30 i could get a session in, the ice/snow wil be the issue

I don't need to remind you, safety first missy :) The session can wait if there's no firm going. You can always do a fill-in run on the dreadmill :)

ground was ok this eve but tummys feeling bleugh still so went and did a fartlek style session on the rower (i hate the treadmill and can only go on the bike if my laptop is perched infront of me).

finally got round to doing my 600s again, been chickening outta them recently. did 6x600 and i was cruising! felt so good. Took 2.20 between each, could have went much earlier but figured in order to keep it aerobic id take the full recovery. times were 2.08, 2.10, 2.05, 2.07, 2.07 and 2.01. felt much easier hitting them times than the last time i did the session, and also the last time i did it i had company, so am very happy to have hit these times by myself and still felt good :D HOME TOMORROW!!!

quick gym sesh tonight as couldnt face studying and tomoro will prob be a day off with all the travelling. upper body tonight, my pyramid is now between 70-85% so meant my 85% rep was 45kg. went up the easiest outta the lot (8x 37.5, 6x40, 3x42.5 1x45 then back down). found the 37.5 surprisingly heavy the first time but was easier when i was that bit warmer. nearly had to get a spotter.. same happened with the squat this week (8x55, 6x60, 3x62.5, 1x65 and back down). think im due to test next week (4 weeks done, week 5 was spose to be a test) but will have a chat with coach when am home. i feel that my inital weight i was working off was too low, i respond well to heavy+volume but he got my sis benching 80kg, DL 170kg and squat 160 so i'll do what im told

little 8x200 session last night - am dosed with a cold but it's all above the neck so powered on. Out to santry this morn, 450 1.16, took 10, 350 - 58, took 10, 250 40, took 6, 150 22. felt amazing in the 150, felt strong in all of them tbh but defo was feeling my head cold. will go out for a loosener later tonight

• Advertisement

rotten with a cold this morn.. really dont wanna be heading back to uni feeling soo horrible, i just want my own bed at home :( oh well. prob wont train today, will chat with the coach later

im dying. save yourselves. freshers flu SUCKS

Gws :(

think i may get to do some form of exercise today - was going to last night but felt a bit light headed still! am booked in for a boxercise class so will do that or go the gym, wont be running outside as the air is so cold and wanna make sure im 100% first. home tomoro eve for a quick visit (thought my bf was spose to be in a boxing match but it was moved forward to last night, but i'll go home anyways)

gym tonight, just an easy one to get the blood flowing. Was a "street fight with weapons" (according to the radio) around the corner from me today, i saw the police cars but just found out what it was about. Was looking at places to move to today, have had enough of the filth and noise iv had to put up with.. My options so far are a house with 2 lads - which is ok and cheaper but not en-suite and only 1 bathroom (i kinda need a bathroom to myself for tummy problem reasons) and the 2 option im going to see tomoro - apparantly the uni has taken over a brand new block of apartments, similar set up to what im in already but much newer and much nicer - which i might move to anyways whether its quieter or not, im paying extra to live en-suite and somewhere nice.. i have the en-suite but the housing im in is pretty old, so reckon il move - gotta find out why the student whose room id be taking is leaving first mind :P headin home tomoro for a quickie visit, be back sunday lunchtime so will have the full day to do college work and go the gym :D

went back to my old home RevFit this morn for a session. was good to be back in a nice gym with nice (strong) people lol. havent really done what i call a proper deadlift session in a while so il certainly feel that on the plane tomoro!!

hit the gym and did some rowing and a little bitta core. Going to be max testing this week - dad reckons i'll hit about 90% of my maxs, but was lifting 90% yesterday on the deadlift so i reckon i'll b a little bit higher for my deadlift and maybe bench. squat im not sure, will see. also gotta do overhead press which iv nvr max tested before so will be interested to c what that goes up to.

also i am moving apartment in the next day or 2, everything is packed up ready to go, bar a few things and i've roped in one of the lads to drive stuff over for me. it's just around the corner but it's sooo much nicer than where i am now! might have to bring some stuff over myself separately cause he only drives a small car but hopefully i can get it al done in one day

so have completed the move, going to enjoy sleeping in a bigger bed tonight. didnt train today, am testing squat and bench tomoro, got one of the powerlifting lads to give me a hand. also possibly having a pancake party after.. wil c how many ppl are interested, i will make them if they bring supplies!! il prob make them regardless.

Tested my bench and squat. Wasn't sure how things would go, got 72.5 on the squat, just shy of my best of 73.5, prob coulda pushed on but didn't wanna break myself. Felt so much easier than the last time I did it though (I know it's 1kg lighter, but that's not a huge diff and there was a huge diff in how it felt). Bench went up 2.5 to 52.5kg - possibly coulda pushed on to 54 but again didn't wana break myself.

Overall happy with them, seeing as I was off nearly 2 weeks sick and I'm also down 1.5kg body weight since the last time I tested so am happy to have kept the strength up. Will test dead and overhead press either thurs or when I get home fri or sat - prob the latter so I have someone watching me. Reckon a body weight bench could be on the cards by my next test, I'm 9kg away. I know it's a high target but I was meant to b benching twice a week if I stuck to my dads programme but I mixed it up a bit so I could get a 3 day/week programme. So I reckon if I did his one a bit more strictly I might get it. I'm not gna force it and end up broken but itl b in the back of my head

• Advertisement

Ok so lent starts tomro. My forefit for breaking lent is 100burpees and 100push ups. I am
    Giving up chocolate (except chocolate protein) wheat, gluten and takin up doing core 3-4 times per week and scheduling in 2 hrs study a day. Tonight I had a takeout before it starts, had a burger and a Parmo (which is a thing they do here, it's chicken with a white cheese cause on top and melted cheese on top of that. U can then get added toppings). Finished off with a slice of chocolate cake. My tummy will hate me tomoro.

Early morning run this morn, 35mins and included 5x1min strides/fartlek just to get the legs moving and so I could get home quicker! Might head gym later will c, brain was mush yesterday so got no work done so will prob have to catch up today

did a quick hit session on the rower for 20mins yesterday cause was flying home. i have broken lent so later i gotta do my 100push ups and 100 burpees. testing my dead and press tomoro so unsure on what to do today - should prob do nothing but will prob do a jog or spin on the turbo

broke lent so had to do my burpees and push ups - spread it out over the day as little study breaks. did an easy 45ish mins and some light core work, as testing deadlift and military press tmoro!

no deadlift test today as gym was closed, so did my step session over at marys hospital and tested my overhead press (strict press) - 37.5kg

Did a light body weight circuit this morn and now back to Middlesbrough

• Advertisement

Gym today to start my new programme - this is gonna be a heavy one!! Starting off with 3x5 at 75% of my new 1rep Max. Running schedule starts tomoro, same as before just shorter recoveries and quicker times for the reps.

did my 200s today - 8x200 in 36-37sec with 45sec recovery. legs tired from weights yesterday but lungs were recovering fine :) 2 sessions done for the week, 6 to go :D

Chest day today so got that done this morn before lectures - would like to get my 600s done this eve but will c (thurs is a full day so defo won't get running, sat doing my track and Sunday doing hills, and would like to take fri off). Could do a chin up!! Kinda lol

got my 600s done this afternoon - felt really really good. 5x600, every one was 2.05 (and felt comfortable, prescribed time was 2.10) with 1.50 recovery. was alone for them too so very happy with that session. didn't get great sleep the past few nights so was unsure how it would go but very pleased :)

got my 600s done this afternoon - felt really really good. 5x600, every one was 2.05 (and felt comfortable, prescribed time was 2.10) with 1.50 recovery. was alone for them too so very happy with that session. didn't get great sleep the past few nights so was unsure how it would go but very pleased :)
    Flying :) Were these on a track or tarmac?

• Advertisement

Flying :) Were these on a track or tarmac?

tarmac, but it's measured so it's maybe only a mtr r 2 off the 600 mark. am tempted to jump in a 1500 this summer and see what happens haha. felt so easy, i actually backed off on some of them to try and keep it aerobic, and not cross in to the lactic zone! - thats for the track on sat :)

Nice, so you would be really cruising those on a track session. Looking good for the summer. What's your target for racing 400 and 800? And if you raced a 1500 what would put a smile on your face?

Nice, so you would be really cruising those on a track session. Looking good for the summer. What's your target for racing 400 and 800? And if you raced a 1500 what would put a smile on your face?

400 target is sub 60sec. 800 i dunno, havent done one in a long long time, not a fan :/ would love to get about 2.12ish? i have a pb of 2.16 from when i was 16 or 17 lol, so if i broke that id be happy but think 2.12 would be a bit more respectable. 1500 sub 4.40..

as you can see i aim high which is why competitive athletics didn't go too well for me - if i don't get these sorta times i am very hard on myself, i can't just enjoy it i have to do well in it. so racing may not be a situation i will put myself in. a 400 i wouldn mind as i don't have much of a history of them but 8s and 15s.. unless im doing decent times i won't be happy racing them. might do the gradeds if im home when they're on ( i have placements over the summer so not sure when i'll be back in Dublin). I havent raced in a while so grade wise i wouldn have to go into the A one like i previously would have lol..

...i think that all makes sense :P

Thanks RB. No harm in aiming high and you seem to have a good self awareness of what works for you. The key is enjoyment...we put ourselves through a certain amount of pain don't we, so there's no point unless it's enjoyable. You sound like you have a knowledgeable support system with your dad.
    If you decide to race, the best of luck to you. Keep it in perspective but you may find that you approach it all more holistically now you have a few years under your belt. The only person to put pressure on you is yourself and guess what...you can also remove the pressure :)

Thurs was gym and I went down to the rowing club. Just did 10mins of technique but enjoyed it so think will join up :) fri went for a walk and did a light shoulders session.

This morn essay the track for the usual session:
    150- 22sec
    5min off
    250 - 39
    10min off
    350-55
    10min off
    450- 1.19

The lactic....

Great session :D

deadlifted and did the stairs yesterday then watched the match (great day to be irish living in england :D). my uncle is over visiting a friend so the 2 of them picked me up after the match and brought me back with them for sunday dinner which was a nice change. was gonna do the 2s today but may have to do a gym session, depends what time i get done in lectures. home thurs night hopefully, i had to send my passport off for uni and still waiting for it to come back :(

Went over to the gym and was really really busy, had planned to come back later but just couldn face it - having one of those days so day off it is

went for a little jog before class yesterday then benched last night. did my 600s today, little tougher than last week cause was bit of a breeze bt it was with me and against me at diff points. recovery was the same this week, time was spose to be the same again but ended up a little quicker. 1.50min recovery and the times were 2.00, 2.03, 2.02, 2.04, 2.03. gonna hit the gym tonight as am going home tomoro so is easier to get my gym sessions done before i go home

death by squats...

that is all

went to do my shoulder session this morn and had a really really bad pain in my left shoulder.. abandoned after 1st exercise and will c how it feels later

• Advertisement
Advertisement