Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new plans ahead...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Good call. Had a laugh at your squats comment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Good call. Had a laugh at your squats comment :D

It was rough. Amazing but rough. Had a nice little lie down just under the rack when I was done

friday went to the gym in santry and did my deadlifts. saturday back out to santry to do my track session. pretty windy but hit all the targets; 450 1.17, 350 58, 250 39, 150 21(bitta help from the wind in that one but was told it looked good, got my knees up and that).

Today i think i'll head the magazine and do 3x3xshort hills instead of the steps. don't feel the steps are getting my knees up enough, so while im home i may aswell take advantage! booked my flights home for easter so il b home the 22nd-12th. Gotta make sure i have somewhere to go to do some work, that long at home will cause friction :P

Went and did some short hills, it involved a longer hill, jog down followed immediately by a short sharp hill, which counted as one rep. Did 2x2 as was fairly blowing hard after the 1st set, jog down recovery between. Nice aerobic burn after so was Defo working anyways. The longer hill was to wear you down so the short hill you really had to power up but I acto found the longer hill the hard one - I think this means I have the strength and fitness and all the rest but I don't have the speed endurance atm but that'll come. Will get a few hills in when I'm home at easter, there's none in middlesbrough I've checked ha

Interesting sesh, I like the sound of that one :)

did my 200s today just because i got off early this morn frm lectures - finished all our mini assessments now so im really in holiday mode even though theres another 2 weeks to go!! was sooo windy :( but they're done for this week, next week they'll have to be quicker so it's split into 2x4x200 instead of 8x200

Went rowing yesterday, was tough enough alright! 4x200, 4x400, 4x600, 4x800, 4x600, 4x400, 4x200, 30sec between each and 1min between the 800s. Gonna do 600s or gym or both later, need a feed first :)

what a horrible day to run :( but thats the 600s outta the way, factoring the weather id say i was on track but it was the worst feeling one ive done in a while - to be fair i was due one and i did row like 13km last night! 2.03, 2.03, 2.03, 2.01.

did my benching last night and squats today - was back to 5x5 with the weights so it wasnt as brutal as last week. Will prob still feel it in the morning though! was due to row tonight but might give it a miss, am feeling pretty tired this eve! and getting a bit of work done so may aswell keep going with it. have one weights session, my sat morn track session and a step/resisted sprint session left to do over the remainder of the week so maybe skipping this eve will be a smarter idea

• Advertisement

Trained shoulders yesterday and off to the track this morn

150-22 4min recovery
    250 39 8min recovery
    350 57 10min recovery
    450 1.17 and home

Felt good, tired beforehand but good doing them

trained back this morn then went and did my steps after. Its acto a nice enough day here today so might go out for a little 20min round the block later before its dark. NEARLY HOME TIME!!! brain has already left and is sitting in my kitchen in dublin :D but unfortunately i dont actually travel until next sunday. almost there.

weather turned so didnt go out for a lap around the block yesterday. did my 200s today, was 2x4x200 as they were to be quicker. as am travelling sunday will not get any training done and thurs is 50-50 too as the class are planning food +/or drinks after lectures so wanna try get my sessions done when i can. so will drop in to the gym tonight and if i can get on the bench will do a session. am going to squat in the morning and row tomoro eve

Did my squats and did a rowing session tonight - you know im avoiding something (I.e. College work) when I'm training more lol. Am
    Front loading this week as thurs/fri/sun are all questionable

600s today! Felt heavy but got through them -
    2mins

Back up to 5 next week but keeping the pace down

Thurs I did my deadlifts then Friday I was recovering from our class night out so did a 15min jog around the block and ate copious amounts of food ;) this morn was back at the track, was a windy morn!!
    450 -75 sec, 10min recovery
    350- 56, 8min recovery
    250- 39, 6 min recovery
    150- 23

Annnnd home :D
    All was at the target time or quicker. Gonna head over to the gym and do a quick shoulder workout as wont get to train tomro! This rugby is giving me palpatations!!!

• Advertisement

Did my 200s today, numpty over here miscounted my recovery so was getting 10seconds less then I was spose to. I also did 8 straight through instead of 2x4x2 cause I really didn't wanna be doing it at all. Oh well all done! Just sussing out a gym for myself for the few weeks I'm home, was going to go flyfit but apparently there's a city council gym down the road from me that's always empty so might go there! Will check it out tonight or tomro, am heading the bf house to do some study and that, the puppy and cats are distracting at mine

did my squats yesterday ( am now on 8x3x67.5kg) and benched this morn (8x3x47.5) and going to find somewhere to do my 600s this eve! only home 3 nights and already im going to kill someone! planning my training and study around when im alone in the house to avoid any (further) confrontation

thurs i deadlifted then headed down to do grand-daughter duty. yesterday did a 20min run down there (always forget how hilly it is there!!). this morning was out in santry and was really windy so session was changed to 2x4x150 focusing on form and speed, jog/shuffle back recovery (about 1min 40). was grand, all were between 22-23. feel a bit sicky now but will survive. Think will go for a jog later, been overindulging since iv been home so need to get back on track

hills this morn, did the same as the last time i was home, the big hill followed by the little hill = 1 rep. did the 2x3, really focused on arm drive. stood on the scales this morn and have managed to put on 1.5kg since monday (WTF?!) ooops.. .5 of that will be gone by tomoro but f**k i'm pissed off. ive 2 more weeks at home so gotta nip this in the bud now or i'll be rolling back to middlesbrough!!

Squatted today - felt amazing!! My max is 73.5 and I was doing 72.5 for 5x2 :) testing next week, hope I'm feeling like I did today!! Hopped on the rower to do 2km at 21s/m after, took 9mins40, felt grand. Dunno what will do training wise this week with the wind how it is, might save most of the running for the end of the week when the wind has died down and when the gym is closed

• Advertisement

diverted away from the normal training today and trained with the girls from the club. was planned that they would do 2x3x400mtr with 60sec inbetween but with the weather how it was out in santry it was changed to do the first set and see what happens. so did the 1st set, 72sec, 74 and 77/78. prob could have continued on and done them all steady 74s if it was a 90sec recovery, but the 60sec killed me a bit. coach was happy though as didnt think we'd get under 80 with the wind. 2nd set we changed to 4x200s with 60sec recovery (taken as a jog back across to the starting point) and they felt good, 33,34,33,34. nice aerobic burn now :)

returned to rev fit today (god i miss that place) for a bench session, same as last week cause am just ticking over before testing next week :D will do a row or a run this eve

did my 2s 2day - 2x4x200, 45sec recovery. aim was to do them faster than usual and they felt it! going to do a row session tonight, prob do the 6x2k with 3min recovery session

deadlifted today (5x2x87.5kg) and did a quick 15mins on the rower - was out in santry and its a really old one, was soooo noisey i just couldnt go on any longer!!!

Out for my track session!! Was a very strong session, coach said he can c the changes in my style now.
    450- 72 sec (paid for that)
    350- 55sec
    250-39sec
    150-22 sec

150 felt good which is the ultimate decider on how the session went. The goal times were Spose to be 81, 56, 38 and 22, so was a good session :D

Flying! What sort of recoveries did you have? Would you ever do a 400 flat (sub 70) and put it up on the round numbers table...actually you'd likely get on the sub 60 table!

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Flying! What sort of recoveries did you have? Would you ever do a 400 flat (sub 70) and put it up on the round numbers table...actually you'd likely get on the sub 60 table!

Yeh I reckon I'm about 62-64 second 400 pace atm, next 6 week block is gonna look at speed endurance cause that what screws me! 10min recovery after the 1st, then 8, then 6. Reckon I'd do a sub 4.50 1500 if the pace wasn't too mad, 800 I'd say 2.20ish cause the last 200 would fry me. I don't really have the mileage or winter training behind me so don't really know how id do in a race and with placements coming up training could start falling apart but I've asked coach (aka dad) to plan my training so that if I wanted to race I'm in the condition to do it. There's a few graded leagues starting in the uk near me and if it suited I might jump in one or 2

Best of luck whatever you do. Keep enjoying it anyway and keep the internal pressure low :)

just went out for an easy 30mins today to loosen up a bit! new programme starting this week, and gym wise will be testing :)

tested squat, up from 73.5 to 80kg :) bench up from 52.5 to 55kg. not bad for a 6 week programme. will test deadlift and military press later in the week

• Advertisement

Did my 200s today on the track, felt tired from the minute I got up this morn so was more of a get it done style session.
    2x4x200, 45 sec recovery, 6 min between sets
    1st set - 34, 33, 33, 33
    2nd set - 33, 33, 33, 32.

Defo wearing the chocolate today, but back to normal now, have to put the head down and do some study too but the sun... I'd love to go for a spin but it's so boring by urself

checked the targets for those 200s - was 35sec so all ahead of schedule

tested my deadlift and my military press today - cycled to the gym and back, nice day for it.

deadlift remained the same, 95kg. my hamstrings just arent firing at all so gonna strip the weight down and build back up. technique hasnt been great which is prob why.

my press went up to 40kg which am very happy with!

scales day today - they are not my friend atm but have my new training regime starting next week so will all get back to normal

took a day off today, i know the sun was amazing so i shoulda taken advantage but just wasnt in me. kind of a download week this week then back to it monday when im back in the boro

did a quick spin on the turbo yesterday. this morn out to santry to try out the new plan - 2x4x150, aim is to hit 21sec for them all, with 4 mins between reps and 12 between sets

managed 22 sec for all of them, so will really have to start focusing on the speed to get down to the 21sec target. happy all the same with how today went though. one of the coaches from a diff club said i was looking good, couldn remeber me from juvenille only my later yrs (i was a pretty good juvenille up to about under 16/17, then when i hit u.17/junior/u23 i was very up and down) and cause my sis woulda been the star so to say, so was nice to hear it from someone else that theres still something there. and im only 3 mnths training too, i will have placements to deal with over the summer but if i can keep this up who knows where il b this time next yr :D

did my hills today, 3x4x15sec hills. Dad was about to start telling me what to focus on and i just said not today. just let me do the session and go home. heading back to the boro today and its horrible cause i got so used to being at home. im back in 2 weeks so its ridic that i feel this sad but oh well. :(. should get back about 9ish, provided i get all my trains and that. warned my housemates that i may not be in the best of form so they dont get worried or freaked out lol

squatted yesterday and did my 600s 2day - been a week or 2 since iv last done them, my legs are getting used to the speed work so had to remind myself how to stride out again.. i learnt the hard way with the 1st 600 ha

5x600 with 1.50min recovery

target was 2.03 so managed to stay on track even with the blow out on the first one. am off to the pool tonight to do a capsize drill for the rowing club so i can be insured to get on the water :D my regular track is closed so going to a diff one thurs night to do my 200s and meeting up with a club there, couple of the lads gonna do my session with me

managed to not drown in the capsize drill, few bruisies though. did my weights early yesterday morn and headed down to the river to go rowing, my hands are in ribbons!!! really enjoyed it so will deffo be back down, im actually gonna be on the committee of the rowing club next yr haha. heading to the town beside me shortly to train with the club there, do my 200s. prob go back on the river sat morn so will move my 150s session to sunday this week

Did my 200s, was a little too eager in the first set and paid for it.
    1st set 31, 32, 33, 32
    45 sec between reps and 5 mins between sets
    2nd set 32, 33, 33 34.
    Target was 33-34 so all were under but I made it harder than it needed to be by showing off on the first set. But tbh I felt good, more of a recovery between the sets I mighta been able to maintain it

friday just did my weights session. went down to the track yesterday to find a kids league going on so was back on the train to uni gym to do my resistance rowing session (which is used instead of hill training). got talking to a lad there who told me where there was hills so this morn i ran to the park he was talking about and it was perfect. 3x4xhills focusing on driving up. only thing is its a good 25min jog there and then back but does no harm. heading gym this eve to do some messing around, bitta shoulder work and conditioning stuff. Help break up the eve for me. May need to head to cardiff this week, the boyfriend of a very good friend of mine is critically ill atm, but will chat to my lecturers tomoro to c what the protocal or situation is with missing days.

• Advertisement

did a light shoulder session yesterday eve and squatted today :) tomoro i hope to do my 600s although i do wana go rowing training too. wed il head to the track in the morning (hopefully, i gotta check when it opens) and will do a weights session that eve and again sometime thurs and then home thurs night :D. thatll mean all my sessions done bar my usual weekend track and hill sessions so can relax friday and do some uni work (maybe). my grandad took ill at the weekend and is sitting in cavan hospital at present so if hes still in by friday i might spin up to him, but fingers crossed he'll be home by then - 92yrs old and was out feeding the cows when it happened lol

600s done, was feeling the stiff legged deadlifts from yesterday majorly!!
    1.58, 2.02, 2.02, 2.02, 1.59, 1.50between each.

Then straight to rowing for an erg session, 1x3k, 3mins off, 2k, 2mins off then 1k.
    Fab day out shame we weren't on the water

benched this morning and heading the track this afternoon.. already feel sick and havent got nowhere near the track yet.. this will be awful and amazing at the same time

I am gonna be one big freckle tomorrow! Saw Chris Tomlinson out training for the long jump at the track, was nice to see he's still at it. Did my 200s it was rough!!! 2x5x200 rather than my usual 2x4x2.

1st set 32, 33, 33, 34, 33. 45sec between, 5 min between sets.
    2nd set 32, 34, 33, 34, 34.

thurs morn deadlifted early in the morn as flew home thurs night. took a day off yesterday, track was booked up this morn in santry and with the bad weather did my hill session today .

did my 150s on the polo grounds this morn, so was a rough 150.

1st set 20, 21, 21, 21
    2nd set 21, 21, 21, 21.

was grand
    am home again next weekend for my bfs sisters party but the track is booked up again, so gonna try get my track sessions done over in the boro and do my 600s and hills at the weekend then :)

• Advertisement

nearly puked in the gym last night after squats - was amazing :P did my 200s early this morn, just went to the park as i was not in the mood to run all the way to the track for a session that takes 10mins. 7x200s, 45 sec recovery, all between 32-34 (not exact 200s but close enough). Off to rowing tonight

150s done today!

this week it was 6x150 with 4min between runs
    times were 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22..
    then the lovely run home. Gonna bench tonight, row and deadlift tomor and then home friday not for my bf's sisters party :D do my 600s at the weekend with my hills

Did hills yesterday cause the weather was so miserable - dad said it was first time he'd seen me run like that, said I was really looking like I was powering up, no Nancy running lol :D did my 600s today, just did 2mins on and 2mins off. My bf did them with me and told me when I got home that he was surprised how able I was for them Haha. All good news and I'm only at it since jan. hopefully my placements don't screw things up too much

did my 200s with the doggy this morn, heading back to the boro this eve!

Just got my ass handed to me on a 30min erg - 20mins rate 25-27 then 10mins rate 27, aiming to go sub 2min/500 for the last 2 mins

Was AMAZING :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement