Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad memory-i need more

• 25-04-2013 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have run out of memory on the ipad. Do I have to delete things or is there a way to clear it up or can I get more?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You have to delete things!
    You can store somethings in cloud storage like dropbox so you can have access to them when you need them, presuming you have an internet connection at the time,but they don't need to be stored on your ipad. You could use a media server like plex that would let you leave all your movies on your PC and play them on the ipad over a wifi connection. That's a handy way of freeing up some space.

Unfortunately you cannot buy more memory or increase it in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

You have to delete things!
    You can store somethings in cloud storage like dropbox so you can have access to them when you need them, presuming you have an internet connection at the time,but they don't need to be stored on your ipad. You could use a media server like plex that would let you leave all your movies on your PC and play them on the ipad over a wifi connection. That's a handy way of freeing up some space.

Unfortunately you cannot buy more memory or increase it in anyway.

How do I store it on icloud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

How do I store it on icloud?

iCloud is for backing up apps etc. it's not additional storage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Dropbox - but its only useful if you are on an internet connection.

What size memory do you have? What kinds of things are using up the memory? Do you have a lot of apps installed or do you have a lot of data on the device?

Its taken up mostly by cartoon movies on toontastic [where you can make your own cartoon movies.]

What is drop box?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Dropbox is free 2 gb storage, I primarily use it for moving things between devices. Maybe you could move some of your cartoon movies off elsewhere?

Dropbox is free 2 gb storage, I primarily use it for moving things between devices. Maybe you could move some of your cartoon movies off elsewhere?

Good idea. I just have to figure out how to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Good idea. I just have to figure out how to do that.

Just go to dropbox.com and follow the instructions. I use it in work quite a lot and its great

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abuboy2

One possibility if you have a lot of videos taking up space on your ipad is to move them to an SD card and use the lightning to SD card adapter to import them from the card as you need them and delete them again when you don't.

Advertisement