Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Reba in Ongar village ok?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I’ve been looking for a good hairdresser for a while now. I’ve noticed that Reba in Ongar seem's to have a lot of good deals on at the minute for cut and colour. I’m tempted but I’ve been to there branch in Ashtown and been very disappointed. Would anyone recommend them? Or avoid them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ClubDead wrote: »
    I’ve been looking for a good hairdresser for a while now. I’ve noticed that Reba in Ongar seem's to have a lot of good deals on at the minute for cut and colour. I’m tempted but I’ve been to there branch in Ashtown and been very disappointed. Would anyone recommend them? Or avoid them?

As a guy with a limited amount of hair on top, I can't really comment suffice it to say that it always seems busy every time I pass it so that is possibly a good sign (ie the regulars keep coming back).

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

ongarboy wrote: »
    As a guy with a limited amount of hair on top, I can't really comment suffice it to say that it always seems busy every time I pass it so that is possibly a good sign (ie the regulars keep coming back).

I chose my last hairdressers based on the fact that it’s always busy, there isn’t a time of day they don’t look busy. The girl that cut my hair wreaked it so much that I’ve been growing it for months to get it the stage that it can be fixed. Years ago when I just wanted a trim (no more) I went to a place on Capel street that did a fantastic job of giving me a even trim but I wouldn’t have trusted them with anything more complicated...even though they had people queuing out the door on Saturdays.

Oh to be a man, the business of hair is so much less complicated! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Bald heads dont shine themselves you know, it's not plain sailing for blokes either!

Gaspode wrote: »
    Bald heads dont shine themselves you know, it's not plain sailing for blokes either!

:pac: very true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

Avoid - I went in April 2011 and never went back ! burnt my hair with a GHD, hairdresser was to busy talking to colleague than pay attention to the customer !

• Advertisement

ljcoolk wrote: »
    Avoid - I went in April 2011 and never went back ! burnt my hair with a GHD, hairdresser was to busy talking to colleague than pay attention to the customer !

Thanks, I had a similar experience in there Ashtown branch. Think Ill give them a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

My wife (said in Borat voice) had a similar bad experience there, she goes to peter Mark in the centre now, the one downstairs not the one upstairs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My daughter had an less than great experience in the Ashtown Reba, and hasn't gone back since; they quoted one price for her hair when she booked, and when it was done they tried to charge extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I've used Reba in Ongar for years and have never had a problem there. The staff are all lovely, I've always been happy with my cut/colour/blow dry etc, and I find both the hairdressers and the beauty salon have usually been able to accommodate me at short notice if I need it. Very reasonably priced as well, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I've used Reba in Ongar for years and have never had a problem there. The staff are all lovely, I've always been happy with my cut/colour/blow dry etc, and I find both the hairdressers and the beauty salon have usually been able to accommodate me at short notice if I need it. Very reasonably priced as well, IMO.

My wife too has been useinf them for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My wife has been a few times & never had any issues either to be fair.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I've used them for years and find they are great.

I’m glad they have such positive local support. Despite this I decided to go with a different salon (Zeba). Unfortunately my extremely negative experience with their Ashtown branch left me in doubt with the quality of their other branch. I have been in to buy products from them and they do seem lovely.

Advertisement