Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your house - MyHome.ie or Daft.ie?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Seeking a little advice and feedback on this one. Myself and my husband are planning on putting our house on the market in the next few days. We like one EA over and above the rest and they are also the most reasonably priced too in terms of sales percentage and advertising fees.
    However, they only advertise on Daft rather than My Home too.
    The EA is (naturally) telling me that Daft is enough and it gets more hits now than My Home (for the property we are selling).
    So wonderful Boards people, do you use one over the other or both equally?
    Feedback most gratefully accepted. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I think it depends on where you are. Myhome seems more popular for Dublin and Daft outside that. I know where i am (clare) all houses are listed on daft but only some on my home and its rare that one will be on myhome and not daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

yeah, would agree with that. Myhome is the better site by far imo, I'd say virtually every Dublin property for sale is listed on myhome and whilst a number are also on daft, the reverse is not also the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

In Dublin daft is seen more for renting and myhome is for sale. But I think if someone is seriously looking for a house they will look at both

• Registered Users Posts: 1 feefe

Hi I have just sold my home by myself with no auctioneer , i put it on daft and did not have any help ... it sold itself . auctioneers are the pits , they will try every trick in the book to up sell to try and get you on their books only to end up being offered less than you wanted in the first place , you can sell it yourself if i can anyone can .... good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

same here, sold mine on daft (not in Dublin BTW) and saved myself a fortune on EA fees plus all the viewers preferred not having to deal with an EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

As far as I know only estate agents can advertise on MyHome and Daft caters for private sellers as well as estate agents. Always thought MyHome was a better site when looking for properties for sale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

to me my home is to sell and daft is to rent.
    It is not true but that is how I would look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Also just to add, my home seems to be more widely available than daft which is geo blocked & restricts access from prospective international buyers.

Advertisement