Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evergreen creeper

• 25-04-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

HI,
    So ive decided to cover my horrible oil tank with decking wood or similar fencing and am then going to cover this with a nice evergreen creeper,any suggestions on what would look nice ,cover it well,nice colour all year round maybe,any suggestions please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

bazbrady wrote: »
    HI,
    So ive decided to cover my horrible oil tank with decking wood or similar fencing and am then going to cover this with a nice evergreen creeper,any suggestions on what would look nice ,cover it well,nice colour all year round maybe,any suggestions please.

Couple of ideas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/howtogrow/7846747/How-to-grow-Solanum-crispum-Glasnevin.html

http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/plants/evergreen-climbers/6R

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

yeah i like the look of the chilean potato vine(Glasnevin),i might go with that once i can make sure it will withstand the inland frost of meath,use to live in dublin and alot plants i had havent survived here in meath,amazing how its not that far away but much sharper colder frost..it seems a nice evergreen climber..thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

bazbrady wrote: »
    yeah i like the look of the chilean potato vine(Glasnevin),i might go with that once i can make sure it will withstand the inland frost of meath,use to live in dublin and alot plants i had havent survived here in meath,amazing how its not that far away but much sharper colder frost..it seems a nice evergreen climber..thanks

Plantagen on Clonee and Malahide have some nice ones in at the moment.

So too does Rathoath garden centre,some nice varieties of evergreen Clematis aswell.

Was out buyng some plants in both places yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

cheers paddy they look lovely full and bushy ,,not too far from there so ill prob pick them up at clonee cheers,,

Advertisement