Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A ridiculous question! Can I use my student card abroad?

Options
  • 25-04-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I will be living with a family in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden this summer and just wondering if I can use my Irish student card there!

Im a poor student, get over it haha

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Use it to do what with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Student discounts!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Get an international student card

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You don't get much in Sweden I think.

http://www.usit.ie/essentials/discount-cards/usit-card

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

cheers lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know if it's the same all over Sweden, but when I was over in Uppsala studying Swedish one summer, we were able to make use of the various "Nationer" or Nations, which were student union type places with membership based loosely on which region of Sweden you came from. The big plus was that these organisations were somehow classed as charities or something like that so were exempt from certain taxes. They were far and away the cheapest places to eat and drink in the whole city. We got temporary student cards, even though we weren't actually studying at the university, but with a private language school, but it might work where you are. You won't know without trying anyway!

Advertisement