Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Swimming - Dunshaughlin area

• 25-04-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a decent body of water to take a dog swimming within 15/20 mins of Dunshaughlin? I cant find anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Nearest place would be Maynooth or Navan. Maynooth has the canals and is only around 20 mins or so back roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is Blanchardstown too far? Theres a big lake in Waterville Park.
    main%20balcony_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

anniehoo wrote: »
    Is Blanchardstown too far? Theres a big lake in Waterville Park.
    main%20balcony_m.jpg

Where is that in blanch, I have never seen it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Where is that in blanch, I have never seen it before.
    Do you know where the National Aquatic Centre is?

If the NAC is on your left, go down to the next little roundabout and turn left into Waterville (straight on is M50 and right is Blanch village/SC) The park is on your right. There's a few entrances on your righthandside (on street parking). It's a massive park and fairly chilled about dogs as there's a separate enclosed childrens playground,so no major issues with these 2 groups clashing. If you find the more "un landscaped" part, this is the secret spot where the fun "off leashers" go. Great craic :D

Edit: if you're going before or after the opening/closing times theres a way in, through blanch village beside James Connolly that's open 24/7.Turn left in Blanch village at The Vineyard and its up on the left just before the hospital. Theres a river (forget the name) too if the lake doesnt work for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

^^^
    Thanks a million, will give that a try tomorrow if the sun is out.

Also thanks to the poster about maynooth, may give that a go as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

there are the Ramparts in Navan, depending on the size/breed of dog, there is the canal on one side and the Boyne on the other...some areas of the Boyne are safe for dogs to swim in but again it just depends on the breed of dog and its swimming capabilities! My own dogs favour the canal and for the most part, it is clean (has the silt/mud etc though)

Advertisement