Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camos Dome Satellite problems

• 25-04-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there I have a Camos Dome satellite finder on my motorhome which was working up to three weeks ago I also have a pace sky mini box which works off the 12v system. A local tv installer checked it and feels the problem is the LNB situated in the dome and suggests that someone in the motorhome may have the equipment to sort the problem,any suggestions please preferably in the midlands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

ligaman wrote: »
    Hi there I have a Camos Dome satellite finder on my motorhome which was working up to three weeks ago I also have a pace sky mini box which works off the 12v system. A local tv installer checked it and feels the problem is the LNB situated in the dome and suggests that someone in the motorhome may have the equipment to sort the problem,any suggestions please preferably in the midlands

Sky are currently changing satellites and a lot of automatic systems are having trouble locking on to the signal from the new satellite. The problem is with the controller, not the dish or the decoder, in your case the Pace Sky Mini Box.

You need to talk to an agent for your Camos system as a software update needs to be made to the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ligaman

Many thanks niloc1951
    do you have any idea whether there are any camos agents located in the south of the country who may be able to help there is an aertech label on the dome with a phone number but i cannot get any reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Many thanks niloc1951
    do you have any idea whether there are any camos agents located in the south of the country who may be able to help there is an aertech label on the dome with a phone number but i cannot get any reply

You should be able to update the software with an sd card yourself, ask them to email you the update
    http://www.camos-multimedia.com/en/contact/office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Leisure technical solutions up north, Simon Bourke. A gentleman.

Many thanks
    I will try contacting simon as I am still awaiting a reply from the main Camos website bit of a journey though was up that country last year really enjoyed it

• Advertisement

Hi there
    I e-mailed Camos in germany and they say that this model was produced between 2004 and 2006 and that no spare parts or software update is available from their factory in korea , I also made contact with Simon Bourke and explained the problem to him , he initially felt it may be a problem with the black box (control box) but when i described the dome to him he felt the problem was there and there was no prospect of repairing it .It seems a very short life span for this piece of expensive equipment, a new one costs about 1400 euro. What other alternatives are there available to me .My wife and I are not big tv fans but it is nice to have it for sport and wet days , any suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Hi there
    I e-mailed Camos in germany and they say that this model was produced between 2004 and 2006 and that no spare parts or software update is available from their factory in korea , I also made contact with Simon Bourke and explained the problem to him , he initially felt it may be a problem with the black box (control box) but when i described the dome to him he felt the problem was there and there was no prospect of repairing it .It seems a very short life span for this piece of expensive equipment, a new one costs about 1400 euro. What other alternatives are there available to me .My wife and I are not big tv fans but it is nice to have it for sport and wet days , any suggestions

If it's definitely not repairable (I would get a second and third opinion from a recommended source before chucking it in the bin) a Maxview Omnisat Crank-up would be a good low-cost choice, between £399 and £519 depending on model chosen.
    I have a Mk1 for eight years and it has never faltered, there are no electronic bits to go wrong.

After a little practice I was able to lock on to Sky within a minute of winding the dish up, often much faster than auto self-seeking systems.

I may be able to get a seconhand replacement but notice that aldi have HD portable satellite kits for caravans for sale from next sunday does anybody know how good they are and would it do the job for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I may be able to get a seconhand replacement but notice that aldi have HD portable satellite kits for caravans for sale from next sunday does anybody know how good they are and would it do the job for me

It does the same job in the end of the day the other €xxxx is for convenience.
    Doesn't say the dish size probably 45cm. The lnbs are so good now that thats fine except for bad weather and possibly poor weather combined with the extremities of mayo/donegal/norway/finland but you'd have that problem with a dome anyway.

niloc1951 wrote: »
    If it's definitely not repairable (I would get a second and third opinion from a recommended source before chucking it in the bin) a Maxview Omnisat Crank-up would be a good low-cost choice, between £399 and £519 depending on model chosen.
    I have a Mk1 for eight years and it has never faltered, there are no electronic bits to go wrong.

After a little practice I was able to lock on to Sky within a minute of winding the dish up, often much faster than auto self-seeking systems.

Many thanks for your advice, it appears now that I have a sky Pace mini box (works off 12v)the only thing i need is a sky dish which can be mounted when required on the bike rack, i can also bring the second sky box from the house as a back up which will work fine when connected up at campsites if the mini box gives up on me, i understand there is a little device available which assists you when searching for a signal

• Advertisement
Advertisement