Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), Apr 26-29, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BItGt8dCIAAcIkZ.jpg

St Patrick’s Athletic F.C. are delighted to announce Clune Construction L.P. as the Clubs main sponsor for the 2013 season.

Clune Construction L.P. is one of the USA’s largest interior construction management firms with offices in Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles and New York. Founded in 1979 by Irish man Mike Clune, the firm currently employs over 180 staff.

Their sponsorship of St Patrick’s Athletic will be part of their marketing strategy to launch the Clune Construction L.P. brand in Ireland and in Europe.

Speaking on behalf of St Patrick’s Athletic F.C. Club Chairman Garrett Kelleher commented “I have known Mike Clune for over 25 years. We both emigrated to Chicago around the same time.

Clune Construction L.P. is not only one of the largest interior construction firms in the U.S. but one of the most reputable and we are very fortunate to have such a high calibre sponsor.

As a hard working and successful sporting organization we feel Clune Construction is an appropriate and fitting partner.

We feel the collaboration will provide numerous successes both on and off the field and will give the supporters and the team a great boost ahead of our journey to Europe this July for the Europa League.”

Commenting on the announcement, Chairman Mike Clune said "We are excited to form a partnership with this great iconic Irish sporting institution as we continue to promote our brand in Ireland and on the global stage".

St Patrick’s Athletic will be sporting the Clune Construction L.P. logo on their home kits for Friday’s top of the table clash against Derry City in Richmond Park.

Kick off at 7.45pm. Tickets are on sale from the Club office.

new and shiny, think i getting one of the jerseys with no sponsor :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

We badly need something against Bray tomorrow because we'll likely struggle in Richmond on Monday. 4 points would be fantastic but I'd be very happy with 2 or 3.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We badly need something against Bray tomorrow because we'll likely struggle in Richmond on Monday. 4 points would be fantastic but I'd be very happy with 2 or 3.

Must win tomorrow as far as I'm concerned, we'll likely get pummeled on Monday.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Unfortunately for UCD, Sullivan is banned for already picking up too many yellows, so is not a risk for a red card or losing his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is there a "G" missing from the SPA sponsor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Going to see a football match in Thomond for the first time tomorrow Saturday. \o/
    Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Going to see a football match in Thomond for the first time tomorrow Saturday. \o/
    Looking forward to it!

You'll enjoy it, go into the East Terrace for the best atmosphere.

grenache wrote: »
    You'll enjoy it, go into the East Terrace for the best atmosphere.

I'll be wherever we're camping the cameras!

Looking forward to it!

I wasn't able to make it down for the Bohs game recently but I've heard it's a good place to watch a game. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd take a draw away to Pats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Can't make it to the Bowl tomorrow which probably means we're gonna get a result.

NIMAN wrote: »

Take your ****ing team deciding on the bus to down to withdraw from football altogether and feck off and play camogie or something.....grumble...

/not bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Looking forward to it!

You’ll be in the west stand so afaik, if you're filming the match? that's over with the Shels fans. If ye are having a pint post match there's always a decent atmosphere in Nancy Blakes bar in the city. Met a few rovers fans in there after the game. Great banter.
    Enjoy the match hopefully your there to see a couple more Shane Tracy specials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Watching Cork game in pub this evening for the barstooler that I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anywhere good to go in Cork to watch the match? I know the place well enough but might be better options.

As for Bray match, well I hold out very little hope, even if Scully is on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Woolshed probably the best option Id say. Cannot imagine too many city centre pubs having it on with volume besides that tbh.

Cheers will keep it in mind.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Take your ****ing team deciding on the bus to down to withdraw from football altogether and feck off and play camogie or something.....grumble...

/not bitter

Eh?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Agreed, they're in good form but if we were to make it seven on the trot then I'd be bloody delighted.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mushy wrote: »

As for Bray match, well I hold out very little hope, even if Scully is on the pitch.

Is a doubt apparently. Lyon's up front for us hopefully.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Is a doubt apparently. Lyon's up front for us hopefully.

As I said, I don't think it will make a difference. I can hope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Mushy wrote: »
    Anywhere good to go in Cork to watch the match? I know the place well enough but might be better options.

Unfortunately for youse he's injured ;)

You guys should get the win then. Off to the predictions thread!

Eh?:confused:

sigh........... when was the last time we played you.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Rovers have a full back out with McGuiness, Oman, Powell and Sullivan to be in the stands, thats 3 out of a regular back four along with first choice back up.

On top of that Kilduff and Quigley are also injured so another two first choice strikers.

Back four of Rice - Foran - Elbert - Ledwith with Shep and Stewart up front.

Considering Shep and Stewart played in midfield under MO'N, along with Rice, Ledwith being midfielders and Elbert being signed under the guise of defensive midfielder... We're starting to look like Barca with a 1-9-0 line up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How long more is McGuinness out for? I was told last week he suffered a recurrence?
    Ebbs wrote: »
    We're starting to look like Barca with a 1-9-0 line up.

Trevor trying to imitate the league table - 2-6-1

Havnt heard a date to be honest beyond it's obviously his hamstring. Considering he stayed on the pitch against bohs, I doubt that did any benefit to him.

He also was treated for a strain in two home games I think, one of which he was forced off with it.

Foran and Elebert looked very good at the back against cork in fairness so not missing him too much. Bohs game was 6 weeks or so ago though, so I would hope soon enough, even if it's just for cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

RTE Player is a load of ****e.

Is this pitch astro turf?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    sigh........... when was the last time we played you.......

You mean the Cup final? If so, come on time to move on, we always have decent games between us, and you are 1 up tonight;) (we'll probably win 2-1 of course).

I just couldn't make head nor tail of your post, re-read it a few times and seemed just like a mish-mash of words.

Yep,

Game living up to its billing....:o

First first half clean sheet of the season for us. Lots of yellows though. Can see us getting a fourth red of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

some goal Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rovers need to get scoring pronto.

RED MACHINE!!!!

• Advertisement

Can't make it to the Bowl tomorrow which probably means we're gonna get a result.

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Croly out.

Matthews out.

Dundalk deservedly get the win.

Poor showing again from Cork City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

UCD 2-0 Shams

Well done to them. Second came in injury time so I assume it was an empty net after a corner or Shams pushing way up but still. Cracking result.

As I said, happy with the draw away to Pats.

Pats sounded the better team, our keeper was MOTM apparently, but we also had a stone wall penalty turned down.

• Advertisement

GET IN!
    Don't care that I wasn't there or that it was probably undeserved, what a result. Great confidence builder for the Shels game. Though seeing as I'm going to that, we'll probably lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We were shocking again tonight.

Only 2-3 players coming out with any type of credit.

Some result for UCD

Derry played for a draw and were worth it, we were worth a win but their keeper made some stunning saves. the last save was world class, worth watching MNS to not see that. No clue how he kept it out tbh.

The peno incident imo if a player dives like that he should be red carded only got a yellow but if its a peno its a red card, afaik derry had one shot on goal and it went in.

Still tho lads we getting better and better, still dont think we have hit form yet. Bolger was ****ing immense tonight.

Good second half performance from Bohs tonight after getting killed in the first half. Very welcome 3 points.

Dreamers, the guys from local radio up here who do commentary said that it was a really clear penalty.

Was it?

Dreamers, the guys from local radio up here who do commentary said that it was a really clear penalty.

Was it?

He was right beside me, he was a bit biased (105 lads were beside us) mc namee stole the ball from ger at the flag ran into the box was going nowhere and imo dived, he didnt scream for a peno. He was running the ball out of play and went down. Noone to square it too. didnt complain at the yellow either.

I even got them bourbon creams sadly the spar had no custard creams.

have to say i laughed at this
    Shamrock Rovers F.C. ‏@ShamrockRovers 40m
    Murphy went up for a corner they cleared and scored down the other end

hes 5 10...wtf was Crolly hoping for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Great result for the Youths tonight, beating Cobh 3-0 with 10 men.

McKell has to be the worst LOI ref that I have ever seen.

Dreamers,

Cheers for that, just goes to show that football is all about opinion and how hard a job refs have.

You say it was a dive, they said clearest penalty seen in a long time.

Dreamers,

Cheers for that, just goes to show that football is all about opinion and how hard a job refs have.

You say it was a dive, they said clearest penalty seen in a long time.

They were literally 4 feet away from me in the gantry. Had the exact same view i did.

Our commentators both said dive

One of us is biased :D

Not good enough again. No cutting edge but a lot of the ball. Playing 5 in midfield against UCD is dire. Billy D just isnt good enough, he hasnt been for about three seasons and has not improved so far. A throw in....he hit a shot for a throw in :/

Tough month coming up, really if there isnt a cup and a 70% win rate between now and the end of May, I think the board need to consider things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement