Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), Apr 26-29, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They were literally 4 feet away from me in the gantry. Had the exact same view i did.

Our commentators both said dive

One of us is biased :D

Are you a commentator yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ebbs wrote: »
    Not good enough again. No cutting edge but a lot of the ball. Playing 5 in midfield against UCD is dire. Billy D just isnt good enough, he hasnt been for about three seasons and has not improved so far. A throw in....he hit a shot for a throw in :/

Tough month coming up, really if there isnt a cup and a 70% win rate between now and the end of May, I think the board need to consider things.

best coach in the country, fittest players in the country....some of the best....not of all of them....suck it up :)
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Are you a commentator yourself?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

this is my baby, i only ever commentate when one of the regulars cant make it. i ****ing hate commentating because i am **** at it. 0 times this season so im happy :D but i make it work when the internet wind is with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have tuned into you before for other Derry games.

Excellent service you provide, like the Drive fellas. Do you provide commentary from all Pats away games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Waterford crowd do that as well. It's a great service for their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have tuned into you before for other Derry games.

Excellent service you provide, like the Drive fellas. Do you provide commentary from all Pats away games?

The do commentary for all Pat's games, home and away apartfrom the ones that are on the tv.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I still think the commentary of the Europa league game in Iceland was one of the funniest I've ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I still think the commentary of the Europa league game in Iceland was one of the funniest I've ever heard.

Sadly hes the only one who can afford to go away so he will be back :(

#prayforhano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thanks Rovers ye useless feckers!

Gutted I can't make it to Thomond tomorrow but can't see us getting much down there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Absolutely deserved win for UCD. If only Suarez was as toothless as Rovers, they never looked like scoring despite having all the ball and hitting the post.

Barraclough was there as was Matthews, of all games to watch UCD, he picks the game they win. He'll be frightened out of his life now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    Absolutely deserved win for UCD. If only Suarez was as toothless as Rovers, they never looked like scoring despite having all the ball and hitting the post.

Barraclough was there as was Matthews, of all games to watch UCD, he picks the game they win. He'll be frightened out of his life now..

Hopefully he was there to put himself forward for next Rovers manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

CSF wrote: »
    Hopefully he was there to put himself forward for next Rovers manager.

Who? Alan M. ?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Who? Alan M. ?

;)

Think he means A. Matthews!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

UCD got more points last night than we have all season, we are so f*cked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »

Waste of Barraclough's time since they put a different team out every week.

Will Croly be sacked when we beat ye next week?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Massive 3 points for us, though the performance wasn't the most convincing. Lyons makes a huge difference up front, super finish for our 2nd. Bray's first goal is one of the most bizzare I've ever seen.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Massive 3 points for us, though the performance wasn't the most convincing. Lyons makes a huge difference up front, super finish for our 2nd. Bray's first goal is one of the most bizzare I've ever seen.

They were all over us after we went ahead and unlucky not to be ahead at half-time.
    Their second was too easy as well, way too much space out on the left.

Having Lyons back made all the difference, yeah.

Went to The Bohemian for the first time ever afterward. Got absolutely slaughtered. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Last night was perhaps Scully's best game for us, worked well with Lyons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

UCD AFC Supporters facebook page have a short questionnaire on how

How much will your life improve after UCD AFC beat Shamrock Rovers 2-0?

All responses and comments welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Shels down to 10

For Fúck Sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shels down to 10

For Fúck Sake.

Classic TMS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Shels down to 10

For Fúck Sake.

Surprising given their normally well disciplined players. Especially given it was someone as level-headed as Robert Bayly.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Classic TMS

Classic Neil Doyle more like.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Classic Neil Doyle more like.

Blaming the ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Anyone watching Sligo game? Know their a goal down but how are Sligo playing?

Blaming the ref?

Only going by what was said on extratime

64' - Dean Kelly went off to a shower of insults from the home fans. He has repsonded by dancing and grabbing.. emm.. himself.

Getting a bit weird down in Thomond!

Getting a bit weird down in Thomond!
    Holding out with 20 minutes left, you know they're only ****ing getting our hopes up.

Which minute of injury time are we predicting Limerick's typical goal against us to come in? I'll go for 92.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Some mental scenes in Sligo.

Sligo Rovers 1 - 1 Drogheda United
    68' - Red Card - It's look as if Gaynor has been sent off. There was a break in play with the steward down injured and the referee was talking to the Sligo players, and Gaynor is gone.

68' - A steward is down injured after the Drogheda fans went a bit mental when Sligo scored.

74' - Sligo Rovers ask for calm here, this is madness. PURE UNADULTERATED MADNESS. Attendance here is 2329

79' - The Drogheda fans have been separated from the Sligo fans, even more than normal. Stewards and police in among them. Mayhem.

Drogs have never been the most pleasant of bunches. Has success brought a new element to Sligo?

• Advertisement

Good point. Two points from two very tricky away games is more than any Shels fan would of expected. Onward and upward.

Delighted with the point.

Decent point. especially after the early red.

Still though.

Matthews Out.

2-2 sligo drogheda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Good point. Two points from two very tricky away games is more than any Shels fan would of expected. Onward and upward.
    Delighted with the point.

Of Course, How many seasons since 2006 have Shelbourne played Limerick FC?
    With an away draw to Limerick FC, you would be First Division promotion candidates any other year.

A game and draw in a different venue, all part of the history.

Do you know if Shelbourne FC or any other LoI game was played at Thomond Park before this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Some mental scenes in Sligo.

68' - Red Card - It's look as if Gaynor has been sent off. There was a break in play with the steward down injured and the referee was talking to the Sligo players, and Gaynor is gone.

68' - A steward is down injured after the Drogheda fans went a bit mental when Sligo scored.

74' - Sligo Rovers ask for calm here, this is madness. PURE UNADULTERATED MADNESS. Attendance here is 2329

79' - The Drogheda fans have been separated from the Sligo fans, even more than normal. Stewards and police in among them. Mayhem.

Tweet from Gaynor- Tweet from Gaynor

To the drogs fan u said he hopes my mum dies of cancer inbox me ur number so we can meet you inbread lukin **** !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lovely stuff.:o

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Tweet from Gaynor- Tweet from Gaynor

To the drogs fan u said he hopes my mum dies of cancer inbox me ur number so we can meet you inbread lukin **** !!
    Bright spark is our Ross.

Personally I think Drogheda should be docked 13 points for all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Drogs have never been the most pleasant of bunches. Has success brought a new element to Sligo?

There was no Rovers fans involved at all.....After we scored the Drogheda "fans" ran onto the pitch to try to get to our players.

Stewards were trying to hold them back and one was injured in the process.

Gaynor was then sent off for no apparent reason.

Drogheda had a load of 14 year old fans who were acting the big d1ck. Absolutely disgraceful and no place for it at a game.

There was slight trouble with Drogheda fans outside Richmond Park after we beat them on the opening night.

They seem to be trying to start up an element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

monkey9 wrote: »
    There was slight trouble with Drogheda fans outside Richmond Park after we beat them on the opening night.

They seem to be trying to start up an element.

It's unfortunate because I thought last year the Drogs fans were a credit to the club when they came to the Showgrounds and Rovers beat them 4-1 but their fans never stopped singing.

But tonight a small scumbag element among them has given Drogheda Utd some bad publicity. They ran on to the pitch after Drogs first goal, then ran onto the pitch when Rovers equalised, it looked like they wanted to attack some of the players only for the stewards managed to hold them back. I seen one of the stewards lying on the ground injured.

I seen Joey Ndo appeal to the Drogs "fans" to calm down but to no avail as some of them then ran down to where the Sligo Rovers fans were and a scuffle ended up breaking out.

They again jumped onto the pitch when Rovers scored their second goal and as I was leaving the ground I seen stewards trying to restrain another Drogs "fan".

What's the policy of posting pics of these knackers as one is up on another forum?

srfc19 wrote: »
    There was no Rovers fans involved at all.....After we scored the Drogheda "fans" ran onto the pitch to try to get to our players.

Stewards were trying to hold them back and one was injured in the process.

Gaynor was then sent off for no apparent reason.

Drogheda had a load of 14 year old fans who were acting the big d1ck. Absolutely disgraceful and no place for it at a game.
    Must have been lovely to beat them in injury time in that case.

:D It was a draw :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

2-2 Drogheda scored in 96th minute.

Hahaha oh Jesus, I'm sorry Sligo fans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Ha...it would have been! Their equaliser made it feel like a loss though

What's the policy of posting pics of these knackers as one is up on another forum?

Are they official photos? I wouldn't see it as a problem.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are they official photos? I wouldn't see it as a problem.

No just a blurry photo taken by a spectator. You can't see much going on just a few lads running along the front of the stand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement