Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), Apr 26-29, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

dan1895 wrote: »
    What's the policy of posting pics of these knackers as one is up on another forum?
    You don't need to. I could already give you some names.

I wasn't at the match but have spoken to a couple of people who were. A lot of the young lads are muppets but some of them have serious anger issues. I've spoken to them myself at a couple of away games in the last year to cop themselves on.

They have been banned, en masse on a few occasions from HD park a few years ago and apparently that is likely to kick in again.

Almost everything being discussed is true, fighting among themselves :rolleyes:, went for someone in a wheelchair :eek:., ran onto the pitch:( I know of the lad who ran onto the pitch. He is no young fella and is a regular. He's currently sitting in the cop shop in Sligo along with three of his mates, who were also arrested.

I haven't had it confirmed if what was said to Gaynor is true, but it almost certainly is. Whatever about everything else that happened, for someone from Drogheda to say that to a relative local is inexcusable. Unfortunately Gaynor will get in trouble for his tweet but I hope the fan is made to clean the toilets in the Gary Kelly cancer centre in Drogheda, with a toothbrush, for 2 hours during every one of our games this season.

The only good thing is that the club have a very good track record of identifying troublemakers and banning them.

If anyone tries to tell you these are not real Drogs fans, well unfortunately for us, they are and there can be no defending them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's bad form from those particular Drogs fans. The team on the pitch deserve so much credit for what they've achieved under Mick Cooke, it's not good to see that positive side being overshadowed by a few muppets.

Genuinely hope the club nips this in the bud as much as they can. They don't need this festering and spreading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Good post Peppa,BTW,Gaynor deleted the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Does anybody know what Gaynor actually did to get sent off??

Nobody seems to know, I know we are good but I think refs should stop sending off our players for no reason.

srfc19 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what Gaynor actually did to get sent off??

Nobody seems to know, I know we are good but I think refs should stop sending off our players for no reason.

Why has it happened before?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why has it happened before?

Ha...Thought you were at last weeks game??

srfc19 wrote: »
    Ha...Thought you were at last weeks game??

Ah but you fouled our player.........according to the ref. Cough Cough!! :o

Ah but you fouled our player.........according to the ref. Cough Cough!! :o

At least last week I could see why he was sent off, even if nobody else in the ground or watching on telly agreed with the ref.

This week there seems to be no explanation whatsoever. Quite frustrating.

Ross Gaynor apparently made a "gesture" to the Drogs fans when Elding scored. Assuming he did it's not the first time he's done it, or the second. He has a tendency to be a little bit unprofessional when playing us.

Well i suppose it makes sense that Gaynor would be sent off for a gesture to the away fans considering what was meant to be said to him which in a way explains why Sligo fans didn't see why he was sent off.

• Advertisement

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Ross Gaynor apparently made a "gesture" to the Drogs fans when Elding scored. Assuming he did it's not the first time he's done it, or the second. He has a tendency to be a little bit unprofessional when playing us.
    a Few players are guilty of that,happens often.

Is Dean Gaynor still with Drogheda?

Well i suppose it makes sense that Gaynor would be sent off for a gesture to the away fans considering what was meant to be said to him which in a way explains why Sligo fans didn't see why he was sent off.
    It may not have happened in that order. The gesture may have come first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Those Drogs 'fans' involved are a disgrace. Same few that cause trouble time and again. Now because of them we'll all be tarred with the one brush. It's time the club barred them once and for all rather than letting them back in after a fortnight of the scumbags grovelling.

The supposed gesture came as Elding scored, Gaynor turned and shouted something although I didn't see any gesture.

And yes Dean is still with Drogheda although I could garuantee these fans wouldn't know that by saying what was said, they are effectively abusing one of their own players.

a Few players are guilty of that,happens often.

Is Dean Gaynor still with Drogheda?
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Disgusted by Drogheda's 'supporters' tonight. Never witnessed anything like it in the league. Scum.

Can't believe Gaynor was sent off. Capped an all round ridiculous performance from the referee.

Would have been great if we hadn't conceeded in the last second. Hopefully they'll be docked a few points anyway. You can't be attacking players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's the policy of posting pics of these knackers as one is up on another forum?
    No just a blurry photo taken by a spectator. You can't see much going on just a few lads running along the front of the stand.

I don't see how it helps in posting the picture so, especially if it comes with an accusation of, association with or insinuation of wrongdoing.

Also everyone, less of the 'scum' or 'knackers' style remarks from here on in. Please read the charter here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't see how it helps in posting the picture so, especially if it comes with an accusation of, association with or insinuation of wrongdoing.

Also everyone, less of the 'scum' or 'knackers' style remarks from here on in. Please read the charter here

No prob. One of them has been named on the other forum anyway after a better pic was thrown up.

If that's the name that's been thrown up on foot I can garuantee that's not his name.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

markc1184 wrote: »
    If that's the name that's been thrown up on foot I can garuantee that's not his name.

LOL, that name was in reference to his poor fashion sense.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

No name was given on Foot.Drogs fans move into 2 "Every one hates us mode" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the name on fool.ie is an obvious pisstake.

the name on fool.ie is an obvious pisstake.
    LOL :pac:

Marcus Mumford ffs.tBH Mumford is a local Drog name :D

Marcus+Mumford+lal9k39vqu1qam6t4o1_400.png

LOL, that name was in reference to his poor fashion sense.

I know that but I was talking to another chap that actually thought that was the lads name after seeing it on foot!

markc1184 wrote: »
    I know that but I was talking to another chap that actually thought that was the lads name after seeing it on foot!

D'oh!

I'll let him admit to it himself on here when he reads it! And he can't use drink as an excuse either because I know he wasn't drinking! :D

A good portion of them have been named on the Drogs forum now so with a bit of luck the club will take the necessary action against them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had money on Sligo to win 2-1, 90th minute goal for Sligo and I thought I'd won it, then that bloody equaliser.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Disgusted by Drogheda's 'supporters' tonight. Never witnessed anything like it in the league. Scum.

Can't believe Gaynor was sent off. Capped an all round ridiculous performance from the referee.

Would have been great if we hadn't conceeded in the last second. Hopefully they'll be docked a few points anyway. You can't be attacking players.

Gaynor deserved to be sent off . Hes an idiot of the highest order and dosent know how to handle himself against his former clubs supporters who love giving him stick . Drogheda and dundalk fans love slagging him and he dosent have a clue how to handle it , to run over grabbing your crotch when they took the lead :eek: Very professional . The rumored abuse he got afterwards is nothing short of a disgrace though and the culprit should have been arrested , maybe he was one of the people who where . And why would we be docked points ? The stewards and police should not have let a group of seriously drunk idiots into a game with flares etc in there bags . Mick Cooke and the players are doing great things again this season and i no way deserve to be punished by the actions of a few cretins . I can name lots of clubs with total idiots for supporters who cause trouble on a regular basis , i got a bottle thrown at me outside Dalymount last season for absolutely nothing etc etc but its a minority so give up the whole sure Drogs araent the nicest of people nonsense . Its embarrassing .. Like every club there is a mixture of decent folk and pure fools ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Must win game for us tomorrow.

Bolger suspended :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

It may not have happened in that order. The gesture may have come first.
    No, the abuse came first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Gaynor deserved to be sent off . Hes an idiot of the highest order and dosent know how to handle himself against his former clubs supporters who love giving him stick . Drogheda and dundalk fans love slagging him and he dosent have a clue how to handle it , to run over grabbing your crotch when they took the lead :eek: Very professional . The rumored abuse he got afterwards is nothing short of a disgrace though and the culprit should have been arrested , maybe he was one of the people who where . And why would we be docked points ? The stewards and police should not have let a group of seriously drunk idiots into a game with flares etc in there bags . Mick Cooke and the players are doing great things again this season and i no way deserve to be punished by the actions of a few cretins . I can name lots of clubs with total idiots for supporters who cause trouble on a regular basis , i got a bottle thrown at me outside Dalymount last season for absolutely nothing etc etc but its a minority so give up the whole sure Drogs araent the nicest of people nonsense . Its embarrassing .. Like every club there is a mixture of decent folk and pure fools ..
    reports going around that the stewards didn't want to let them in and gardai didn't want them on the street so told stewards to let them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

thebuzz wrote: »
    No, the abuse came first.

Footballer abused by fans of his ex-club...what a shocker. Next they will be saying nasty names or something.

Im not justifying the fans behaviour as its disgusting from a small minority but winding up a player is fine.

Twigg's ban against Bohs springs to mind.

Jim Agnew, the Drogs chairman has said on local radio those identified will be banned.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Im not justifying the fans behaviour as its disgusting from a small minority but winding up a player is fine.
    It becomes less 'fine' when they are actually on the pitch. Assaulting a steward in the process.

Gaynor deserved to be sent off .
    No point in even reading the rest. You are wrong. The actions of your supporters last night are indefensible. Don't even bother trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They showed a bit of it on RTE news there.

Just showed couple of fans and Gaynor walking back to dressing room annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

No point in even reading the rest. You are wrong. The actions of your supporters last night are indefensible. Don't even bother trying.

Dont bother commenting then if u cant be bothered to read the post properly . No where have i defended the indefensible .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dont bother commenting then if u cant be bothered to read the post properly . No where have i defended the indefensible .
    At least 13 points deduction.

No you've just blamed our stewards and pointed out that ye're not alone in having a 'scumbag element'.

Or the Shamrock Rovers defence as it is officially known.

AgileMyth, You've clearly made your mind up that Ross Gaynor is some sort of angel. You don't really know him that well so.

Have a listen to what our chairman had to say. Jim Agnew on LMFM.
    He is scathing of the Drogs fans who caused trouble and is actually talking of them never being allowed into a Drogs match again, ever.
    He plays down what Ross Gaynor did but confirms he made a gesture and deserved to be booked, the referee saw it as a red. Our fans (who weren't involved) say that he ran to the Drogs fans and grabbed his balls in front of them, rather than celebrating with his teammates or his own fans.

This is at least the third time he has reacted to the fans and not always through provocation. The last time I saw him play in HD park my 11 year old asked me why "that man" was so angry.

His tweet of last night is not the action of an angel. Calling out a fan for a square go means he has decided to bring himself down to their level. That is not what a professional footballer should do.

He deserves his punishment as well, but he will be back playing football in a couple of weeks. Our muppets may not see a game for a long time. The relative severity of the punishments are appropriate and I have yet to see any Drogs fans even attempt to defend them. The closest is a few of them claiming it wasn't them but they have been named and shamed by witnesses and will not be seen at a Drogs match for a long long time.

One interesting point from Jim Agnew is that the stewards quite rightly refused to let them in but the cops overruled them and said they would be better off in the ground.

I thought it was just the Guards in Tolka that were a useless waste of money but obviously not.

• Advertisement

Anyway, aside from all that.
    Sligo looked invincible a couple of weeks ago but have not won three of their last four games. Derry could be top next weekend. :eek: Looked impossible two weeks ago.

Pats looking strong, Dundalk likewise. Drogs have recovered from some badly dropped points. Limerick and Cork probably not doing as well as they'd hoped.

All not rosy at Tallaght again. Bohs, Bray and UCD probably where we expected them and Shelbourne with all sorts of problems.

Pats and Drogs taking points off Sligo has really opened up the table.

AgileMyth, You've clearly made your mind up that Ross Gaynor is some sort of angel. You don't really know him that well so.

Have a listen to what our chairman had to say. Jim Agnew on LMFM.
    He is scathing of the Drogs fans who caused trouble and is actually talking of them never being allowed into a Drogs match again, ever.
    He plays down what Ross Gaynor did but confirms he made a gesture and deserved to be booked, the referee saw it as a red. Our fans (who weren't involved) say that he ran to the Drogs fans and grabbed his balls in front of them, rather than celebrating with his teammates or his own fans.

This is at least the third time he has reacted to the fans and not always through provocation. The last time I saw him play in HD park my 11 year old asked me why "that man" was so angry.

His tweet of last night is not the action of an angel. Calling out a fan for a square go means he has decided to bring himself down to their level. That is not what a professional footballer should do.

He deserves his punishment as well, but he will be back playing football in a couple of weeks. Our muppets may not see a game for a long time. The relative severity of the punishments are appropriate and I have yet to see any Drogs fans even attempt to defend them. The closest is a few of them claiming it wasn't them but they have been named and shamed by witnesses and will not be seen at a Drogs match for a long long time.

One interesting point from Jim Agnew is that the stewards quite rightly refused to let them in but the cops overruled them and said they would be better off in the ground.
    You're still putting far too much blame on Ross Gaynor. His actions do not equal the reaction of the Drogheda fans. And they certainly didn't equal a red card. It would be a harsh yellow to be honest.

Fair play to your chairman, lifetime bans are the only way to deal with them.

Wonder can we get one of those for Anthony Buttimer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I thought it was just the Guards in Tolka that were a useless waste of money but obviously not.

There is a couple of very decent stewards in Tolka, just wanna mention it ;)

Lars1916 wrote: »
    There is a couple of very decent stewards in Tolka, just wanna mention it ;)

I know that. Its cops standing around chatting and eating chips I have issue with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You said that without reading the post?? :rolleyes:
    CSF wrote: »
    At least 13 points deduction.
    I abhor what happened last night, but don't be ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CSF wrote: »
    Personally I think Drogheda should be docked 13 points for all of this.

Or to make things interesting at the bottom...

Drogheda are to be only allowed the points they have already accrued. Wonder if all teams would overtake them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    Or to make things interesting at the bottom...

Drogheda are to be only allowed the 13 points they have already accrued. Wonder if all teams would overtake them.:pac:
    Jesus, you just couldn't be sure. Best to just relegate them altogether for their despicable behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City away to Bray tonight. Big game for both. Our record in Bray is decent, but we are playing awfully. I would imagine both sides will be thinking that this a good game to turn things round.

If we lose tonight, which I doubt we will (I reckon 1-1), we are going into a big weekend with 2 home games against SPA and Limerick, and face the very real possibility of losing both as the morale and confidence will be at an all time low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we get beat tonight things are looking very bleak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Would be more confident of the win with tonight's line-up & formation.

4-5-1

Daryl Horgan to be the match winner and crown a great day for him.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2013/04/29/daryl-horgan-gets-under-21-call/

Advertisement