Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Old DOS Adventure Games Revisited

Options
  • 25-04-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Who's heard of Monkey Island? No nay ne'er? How about Space Quest. Roger, that, Roger! Or maybe Police Quest? Now, Sonny, come on, you must have heard of Leisure Suit Larry?! I've searched and haven't found any recent threads about any of the Lucas Arts or Sierra AGI/SCI adventures. I hope this is the right board!

I've recorded a small number of game intros that I grew up with, most of them using Munt Roland MT-32 emulation in a SVN DOSBox build, where available. These videos don't generate a lot of views but it's the enjoyment in making them and the nostalgia it brings with it that makes it worthwhile. I record all my videos in 1080p as I use DOSBox in Direct3D mode and set it to use my monitor's 1920x1080 resolution in fullscreen. You'd be pleasantly surprised at how well these oldies look with after that scaling.

Let me know if you have any requests or if you would like to do a few of your own. Also, if you have any general DOSBox or ScummVM queries, hit that Reply button!

Here's a few examples (one or two from each of the four games mentioned above, but there are others game series also). I'm sure if I posted all my videos, even though there isn't a sh1tload, it'd slow the page rendering down, and that might piss you and the mods off. If the amount there is a bit much, feel free to let me know, or a mod can chop them off the post at their own discretion. I'm merely posting them for the sake of sharing the good ol' days of DOS gaming, even though I have nothing against and absolutely love the games of today, also.

Oh, why not, I'll throw in a couple of more that aren't mentioned above or adventure games.

Advertisement