Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubrovnik- Old town apartment

Options
  • 25-04-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Looking for some help please! We are a young couple travelled to Dubrovnik in Mid July. We are attending a wedding on Old Town and wish to stay in that area.
    Problem is that our budget is not great (30-40pp a night). Would love to stay somewhere nice but everywhere I see, and actually like, on trip advisor is too expensive. Would love somewhere with a bit of character
    Any recommendations
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can't remember where we stayed but watch out for the cats. They're everywhere in that town, stray ones. The old town is beautiful though, walk around the walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Well booking a few months months out in a city mobed with tourists at the peak of high season aint gonna have 4 star accomodation for your price. Your going to have to up your budget or lower your expectations.

I see about 10 apartments on bookings that look nice and are 90euro a night or less. I dont know what you expect of them? I stayed in a basic one for this price and it was lovely. What do you need of an apartment other than a ckean bed, shower, cooking facilties? You wont be there most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I stayed in a Hostel just around the corner from the Old Town, it's literally 60 seconds walk from the gate of the old town. It's not glamorous but I'm not sure you're going to get anything in that area for the price you're talking. Dubrovnik is expensive at the best of times, especially around the old town and you're going in peak season too.

Here's the hostel anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Old-Town-Hostel/Dubrovnik/43839

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Thanks guys!

Actually was in Dubrovnik around 5 years ago, people were offering accommodation at the train station and ended up staying in the most beautiful apartment for less than 15 Euros a night. Guess I still have that place in my mind:o

should probably just book something but always nice to stay somewhere that you know comes recommended!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Well i stayed in apartment bura for 75euro a night for a double. Was decent enough. I think anywhere you stay in the old town would be great. Why dont you do the train station thing again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

We stayed in one of the apartments (maybe Ana 2?) on this site in July 2010. It was €70 a night at the time. We had no complaints, they were great.

http://www.dubrovnik-online.net/apartment_ruzmarin/

Advertisement