Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem - terrible wifi signal

• 25-04-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a UPC cisco modem. The wireless signal range from it is very bad. It works grand in the room it is in. In the room away from where is it, there is no signal at all. There is not concrete walls or anything now to disturb the signal.

I've gone through troubleshooting steps and trying different wireless channels to no avail.

I have heard many people complain about poor wifi signal from the UPC cisco modem. I'm considering getting a modem e.g. a netgear to connect to the UPC cisco modem to broadcast the wifi signal. My plan is to disable the wifi on the cisco modem and connect the netgear.

Is bridging a modem like that for wifi signal relatively straight forward? I have experience in dealing with broadband and modems but just haven't set one up for bridging for wifi before.

Thanks very much in advance for any helpful advice, it'll be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You dont want to bridge, just use a wireless extender. Easy as pie to do.

Advertisement