Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Ultimate Clay Shooting Range Bag????

• 25-04-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

Other the the obvious.......... A gun.......... What would be in your ultimate Clay Shooting Bag?????

Any must have accessories???? What eye wear and ear protection do you favour?

Any quirky things that you wouldn't think would come in handy but have saved the day?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I use Deben Slim ear defenders with foam plugs under them.

Glasses with smoked lenses, I even use them in dull weather as I find they make a clay stand out better than any other colour no matter what the day is like.

Gloves..couldn't shoot without them.

Pens..nothing worse than having to go back to the clubhouse for a pen:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Cool, thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't have thought of pens, that's a handy one. What gloves do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

A spare pair of really dark glasses for those targets shot into the sun - yep, some grounds still do that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not sure if this is what you want, but mine usually had:
    • Slimline ear muffs (cannot use ear plugs)
    • Leather toe protector
    • Pencil
    • Oily rag
    • Bore snake (12 gauge)
    • Choke key & Chokes
    • Wet Mac Gloves
    • Glasses with Red, Yellow, and Smoked lenses
    • Oil.

Sounds like a lot, but in fact they are all small items and fitted inside a little carry bag no bigger than 10"x10". Covered me for everything i needed, for "emergency" cleans, and any little problems that may happen.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement