Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for Irish theatre company

Options
  • 25-04-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,

This is a website I designed and developed for an Irish theatre company recently. Launching soon, just a few changes I have to make on the responsive side.

It uses Wordpress as a CMS.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

http://www.thecompanyireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

Nice and simple :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Visually it looks fine. Very short on text though. Any media outlets looking to get some editorial about you will be out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JumpJump1

Visually it looks fine. Very short on text though. Any media outlets looking to get some editorial about you will be out of luck.
    There's plenty of text. Just click on through to 'Find out More' to see the full show details for each production. For example: http://www.thecompanyireland.com/as-you-are-now-so-once-were-we/

I initially had more content in the 'Who are we' section but the client wanted what's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Had a good look at the site. Visually it looks great.

Few things I would consider changing:

- the font-size on the contact us section is tiny. The rest of the home page has nice big easy to read type and then I get to the contact us section and I really have to squint to see it and I have perfect eyesight. Try increase the size from 13px to 16px.

- the pagination seems quite small and the colour actually blends in with the second background-image so its quite hard to see.

Now one thing that annoyed me while viewing the site was the navigation. From what I can tell the only links to the pages are the "find out more" buttons. Ok but that means I have to wait too for the slider to see get to the link (I can click through or use the pagination). OK no major issue here but where I see a issue is if I go onto for example the "Under the stairs" page and I want to go to the "Who is Fergus Kilpatrick?" page I cant without going to the home page and then skip through the slider to the correct page. OK once but I certainly wouldnt want to do it for every page. At first I started clicking the "our work" link but its doesnt do anything. A simple solution would be to turn the "our work" into a drop down with the links. Problem solved.

I could be completely blind and the links are already there.

Really like the website and its certainly ALOT better then the majority of Irish websites.

Oh and do you have your own website? Because it looks very unprofessional linking to a gmail, if I liked the site I would want to see your other work instead of sending you an email.

Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JumpJump1

redman85 wrote: »
    Had a good look at the site. Visually it looks great.

Few things I would consider changing:

- the font-size on the contact us section is tiny. The rest of the home page has nice big easy to read type and then I get to the contact us section and I really have to squint to see it and I have perfect eyesight. Try increase the size from 13px to 16px.

- the pagination seems quite small and the colour actually blends in with the second background-image so its quite hard to see.

Now one thing that annoyed me while viewing the site was the navigation. From what I can tell the only links to the pages are the "find out more" buttons. Ok but that means I have to wait too for the slider to see get to the link (I can click through or use the pagination). OK no major issue here but where I see a issue is if I go onto for example the "Under the stairs" page and I want to go to the "Who is Fergus Kilpatrick?" page I cant without going to the home page and then skip through the slider to the correct page. OK once but I certainly wouldnt want to do it for every page. At first I started clicking the "our work" link but its doesnt do anything. A simple solution would be to turn the "our work" into a drop down with the links. Problem solved.

I could be completely blind and the links are already there.

Really like the website and its certainly ALOT better then the majority of Irish websites.

Oh and do you have your own website? Because it looks very unprofessional linking to a gmail, if I liked the site I would want to see your other work instead of sending you an email.

Keep up the good work
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

- You might be right re: the footer font-size. I might bring it up to 14/15px. 16px is too large for the context though, I think.

- You're absolutely right, never noticed this. I'll make the pagination a bit more prominent.

- I see what you mean about the navigation. And a dropdown would be the perfect solution here I think. I was also concerned the 'Find out more' links might seem like links to external sites. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for pointing it out.

About my personal link in the footer - I don't have my own site yet. To be honest I've been so busy with client projects that I haven't really had time to work on my own website. I've had to turn down projects recently because I'm pretty swamped so people not searching me out for work isn't really a concern right now. Once I get the time it will be a link to my own site instead of the gmail.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• Advertisement
Advertisement