Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If I buy an IPhone is there any way to have insurance against lost phone or robery?

• 25-04-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

If I buy an IPhone is there any way to have insurance against lost phone or robery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Generally not worth the money in my opinion. And a few horror stories to boot i.e. You can only make 1 claim per year.

I think the last time I did the maths on it, the cheapest deal was something like €9.99 on top of my bill. Say your iPhone cost €680 (i.e. You bought it sim free) By the time you go to sell it, say in 18 months, you'll have paid €180 in insurance. So your iPhone will have 'cost' you €860. You'll probably be able to sell it for €450. So your 'loss' is €180 + (€680 - €450) = €410. If your phone isn't insured and you eventually sell it, you'll lose €680 - €450 = €230. And if its stolen, uninsured, you'll lose €680.

I'd rather just be extra careful to be honest as you 'lose' less. There are so many clauses and excess's its just a bad investment, in my opinion. And thats speaking as someone who lost a 15" MacBook Pro and an iPad in the same robbery. If you really must insure it, I'd only insure it for 6 months or so. Then cash out as the depreciation will make it uneconomical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

With iPhone insurance you're really just insuring it so that if it is lost or stolen u don't end up being tied into an 18 month contract & then having to fork out 600 for a new one or ur alternative without insurance is to buy a cheaper crapier phone which would be very hard to go back to! It's handy, at least for the first few months anyway I'd advise it, 10euro a month isn't that much when u think bout it seeing as it is something that is very easily lost/stolen/damaged!

Advertisement