Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Catches 2013

Options
  • 25-04-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anybody catching any Bass in any parts of the country on Lure or Bait?
    Still a bit cold for Lures yet but I love going out with them even just to get out.

Would be interesting to see what kind numbers are being caught and where, just a general location of your catch.(eg: south west or east coast or wherever). Keep your marks close to your chests! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

theres a few starting to show in east cork and west waterford to bait. Mainly schoolies with the bigger ones touching 3-4lbs. there have been a few big fish caught too, one of 8 lbs and one double figure fish, maybe more that havent been made public.

there are a good few coalies about that are 40-45cms and the odd bigger one. IMO they are a better fish to catch than a bass of the same size but most wont agree as they are not as nice to look at or photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

I would like to fly fish for bass in the Dungarvan area, can you RED recommend any places worth a visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

mikeweed wrote: »
    I would like to fly fish for bass in the Dungarvan area, can you RED recommend any places worth a visit?
    you wont find many lads giving good bass marks away online. i dont know the area and have never fished it so cant help, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Bass showed up in serious numbers last week on inch, we had 47 bass in four hours between a dozen anglers with Tralee bay sea angling club.... All schoolers with the biggest touching 50cm.... We also caught some lovely plaice from the shore the biggest was 55cm.... That mark is top secret.... Lol... Weather has changed again I must check the conditions to see where we might fish this weekend....

Check out www.facebook.com/dinglepeninsulafishing

Www.traleebaysac.com

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

More bass yesterday at the black rock near banna, between two anglers we had 14 bass in two hours.... All on lug...

Www.facebook.com/dinglepeninsulafishing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Thats fantastic fishing Dan, nice numbers. Will hopefully get out sometime next week before the close season creeps in!

Advertisement