Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency help needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

m4r10 wrote: »
    Getting defensive already, as per usual if there's anybody not agreeing with your post?

When I said you're editing your posts other than spelling mistakes, I meant just that, for proof look at what you left out from the post no. 27 and what I quoted ("Sorry to burst your bubble" etc.). As for the sealant' color, I was wrong about the black color and if it takes me typing this to make you shut up about this, here you go.

On the other hand, you still didn't tell us how you reached the conclusion that TEC7 is not safe for use in fish tanks that you make such bold statement. Unless you have proof to back you up, don't reply/quote to my post as I won't bother to answer back.

:eek::(

Oh sweet lord jesus,did you actually read what I posted from my opening post on this thread??

Tec 7 IS SAFE for Aquariam use.....Ive said that from the beginning...I never ever said or posted that it wasnt safe....(please re-read and understand the posts).

Trans 7 which is what Kylith got (he refered to it as Clear Tec 7 silicone) cannot be used underwater in aquariams for fixing leaks.

There is no such thing as Tec 7 clear.....its called Trans 7.

Now just for you heres the pics to show you that Tec 7 is aquariam safe and can be used underwater and that Trans 7 cant be used underwater in aquariams/ponds.

Surely you can grasp that much???

Again,go back and read all the posts very carefully,then you might understand it all.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Did you go down the shop to take them pictures to prove a point? I wouldn't put it past you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

lol, take it easy lads.
    its an advice forum, doesnt matter who is right.....ive learnt something from the thread even if others havent :)

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Did you go down the shop to take them pictures to prove a point? I wouldn't put it past you.

I was in my local builders providers earlier today,so I decided to take the pics.

No harm in that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

fungun wrote: »
    lol, take it easy lads.
    its an advice forum, doesnt matter who is right.....ive learnt something from the thread even if others havent :)
    +1

Mods rarely have to come in here, you're all so sound and lovely AND play by the rules. ;)

No more backbiting, i won't ask again! Paddy, we know you're always good for the pics so upload away.

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    +1

Mods rarely have to come in here, you're all so sound and lovely AND play by the rules. ;)

No more backbiting, i won't ask again! Paddy, we know you're always good for the pics so upload away.

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, over the weekend I stripped as much old silicone as possible and resealed with black Tec7. It's still leaking. I think the problem has gone beyond my DIY capabilities and a proper fix would probably involve taking the tank apart; which is completely beyond me.

Is there anywhere it can be taken to be mended, or would I be better off just replacing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd take it into Gavin in Artane Aquatics and see if there's anything he can do for you.

Advertisement