Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2's Load balancing solution

Options
  • 25-04-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Driving myself nuts here, cant remember the name of the solution o2 purchased to limit their MVNOs from overloading their data backhaul. I've googled it but cant find anything.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Simple QoS traffic shaping would do it although I believe they use Sandvine deep packet inspection for bandwidth management.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sandvine! Thats it. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Does Meteor do this for emobile???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

doney84 wrote: »
    Does Meteor do this for emobile???

Doubt it since Meteor and Emobile are both wholly owned by Eircom so it wouldn't make any sense. Whereas Telefonica O2 only partially have an interest in the likes of Tesco Mobile and 48 and simply lease the capacity to these third parties MVNOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're more a nuisance than anything as IIRC they were forced to accept MVNOs. They'd probably much rather keeping their dominance of old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement