Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

http://nebula.shoutca.st:8334/stream
    http://nebula.shoutca.st:8334/listen.pls

stream name says kiss but the jingles are definitely for retro fm. or at least they were the last time i checked.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

http://nebula.shoutca.st:8334/stream
    http://nebula.shoutca.st:8334/listen.pls

stream name says kiss but the jingles are definitely for retro fm. or at least they were the last time i checked.

Cheers, got it - recording added for Retro FM now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

castle2012 wrote: »
    Have to say tuned into now fm in Dublin. And I have to say very disappointing there audio and the strenght of there signal. Giving the guys behind it, I expected much better

Now FM are very disappointing. They have had weeks to prepare so no excuses. Awful signal and incredibly bad audio. DJ on now you cant even hear him talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Energy AM was on 1395 kh as well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    Now FM are very disappointing. They have had weeks to prepare so no excuses. Awful signal and incredibly bad audio. DJ on now you cant even hear him talk.

Currently listening, Fabio on air... 150bpm lol. With all the money they have, and they can't even sort their signal and audio out. No good just pumping it all in to their studio with silly lights and branding etc...

• Advertisement

fabio is playing hard house, some of which can be quite fast. hopefully the lads will get everything sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

fabio is playing hard house, some of which can be quite fast. hopefully the lads will get everything sorted soon.

Do they stream online?

I don't use FM radio players since 2005.

Hot FM are off air. They were on earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

JDxtra wrote: »

Online they stream full power.

Do they stream online?

Fabio is a DJ. He's on Now FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

HeyFrankie wrote: »

Currently listening, Fabio on air... 150bpm lol. With all the money they have, and they can't even sort their signal and audio out. No good just pumping it all in to their studio with silly lights and branding etc...
    Yea it makes no sense. Pump money into a studio etc. Then broadcast on low power with terrible audio. Trax the only one doing the job correct

Amen to that :) Here's hoping they stay off!

Do they stream online?

yes, http://uk5.internet-radio.com:8023/live

Amen to that :) Here's hoping they stay off!
    I'm afraid FK live on Facebook

I'm afraid FK live on Facebook

He can stay on Facebook all he likes. As long as the FM signal stays off I'm happy with that. I'm sure I ain't the only one.

Hot FM are on there now again on 91.0 but it's either very low power or not from an elevated transmission site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Hot FM are on there now again on 91.0 but it's either very low power or not from an elevated transmission site.

Sounds like it's running off the exciter - desparately weak signal.

A relay of Phever has appeared on 94.3 - low power in Rathfarnham could be a fill in for poor reception areas for 88 1

Of course both frequencies will need to be vacated for temps over the next while.

Energy coming in strong on 1395 - full power 800 watts now on ? Pity about the bass on the audio but great to hear AM activity.

Infoanon wrote: »

Sounds like it's running off the exciter - desparately weak signal.

A relay of Phever has appeared on 94.3 - low power in Rathfarnham could be a fill in for poor reception areas for 88 1

Of course both frequencies will need to be vacated for temps over the next while.

Energy coming in strong on 1395 - full power 800 watts now on ? Pity about the bass on the audio but great to hear AM activity.
    Hot FM today only receivable in the tallaght area. Has to be the poorest I've ever heard. Reckon the antenna is on the roof of LD's house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

Hot FM today only receivable in the tallaght area. Has to be the poorest I've ever heard. Reckon the antenna is on the roof of LD's house

So true. The signal for Hot is dreadful. It is so bad I think the antenna is down. Very sloppy work and very silly. If by some miracle a listener can tune in they then have to tolerate horrific audio. They need to pull the plug. It's over.

Love songs/easy listening music on 93.2 this afternoon in Dublin. Strong signal.

• Advertisement

Love songs/easy listening music on 93.2 this afternoon in Dublin. Strong signal.
    Wonder what happened kiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭KildareP

None of the pirates making it out into Kildare past Rathcoole :(

iRadio and Beat both having audio oddities on some of their frequencies the last few weeks though.

iRadio on 104.7 sounds horribly distorted but 105.6 and 106.2 both sound fine.

Beat on 102.0 sounding awful for a few months now, like someone turned the bass all the way down and the treble all the way up, but 102.4 is sounding very nice in comparison.

Wonder what happened kiss

KISS back on 93.2 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

KildareP wrote: »
    None of the pirates making it out into Kildare past Rathcoole :(

iRadio and Beat both having audio oddities on some of their frequencies the last few weeks though.

iRadio on 104.7 sounds horribly distorted but 105.6 and 106.2 both sound fine.

Beat on 102.0 sounding awful for a few months now, like someone turned the bass all the way down and the treble all the way up, but 102.4 is sounding very nice in comparison.

Beat on 102.0 has been like that for a while, sounds aweful

Beat on 102.0 has been like that for a while, sounds aweful

I'd swear it was a fault (double pre-emphasis in the link chain maybe?) but for it to have gone on that long unnoticed, it can't possibly be a fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

KildareP wrote: »
    I'd swear it was a fault (double pre-emphasis in the link chain maybe?) but for it to have gone on that long unnoticed, it can't possibly be a fault?

Or maybe they thought it would sound OK on a pop station?
    In relation to your post about pirates in Kildare, is Hot/Galaxy gone? Can you not get Flirt on 106.6?

Or maybe they thought it would sound OK on a pop station?
    In relation to your post about pirates in Kildare, is Hot/Galaxy gone? Can you not get Flirt on 106.6?
    Hot (Kildare) has not been on for some months. Flirt 106.6 recently reported issues, so are also off.

There's a significant volume difference as the radio switches automatically between 102.0 and 102.4 travelling through Kilkenny though, so one of those frequencies has a problem and I hope to feck it's 102.0 because it sounds terrible!

No sign of Hot, Galaxy or Flirt, quick scan near the house today:
    89.10 RTE Radio 1
    89.60 RTE Radio 1
    91.30 RTE 2fm
    91.80 RTE 2fm
    92.20 Spirit
    93.50 RTE R na G
    94.00 RTE R na G
    94.60 4fm
    94.90 4fm
    95.20 RTE Lyric FM (No RDS)
    95.50 LMFM
    95.80 LMFM
    96.70 RTE Lyric FM (No RDS)
    97.00 RTE 2fm (No RDS)
    97.30 KFM
    97.60 KFM
    98.10 98FM
    98.70 RTE Lyric FM
    99.20 RTE Lyric FM
    99.90 East Coast FM
    100.30 Radio Nova
    100.50 Radio Nova
    100.90 Today FM
    101.40 Today FM
    101.80 Today FM
    102.00 Beat
    102.20 Q102
    102.70 RTE R na G
    103.20 Dublin City FM (No RDS)
    103.50 Midlands 103
    103.80 Spin 1038
    104.40 FM104
    104.70 iRadio
    105.00 iRadio
    105.50 Today FM (No RDS)
    105.80 Newstalk
    106.00 Newstalk
    106.20 iRadio
    106.40 Raidio na Life
    106.80 Sunshine
    107.20 Newstalk
    107.40 Newstalk
    107.60 Newstalk

If I'm over Ballynafagh direction over the weekend I'll do a quick scan there as well, the elevation means you've a good clear view across all the main TX sites circling Dublin so tend to get lots more individual stations and alternate frequencies up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Kiss where actually back on last night - as far as I can tell the love songs on 93.2 and Kiss were from the same TX

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »

Kiss where actually back on last night - as far as I can tell the love songs on 93.2 and Kiss were from the same TX
    FK back on 91.00 and on Facebook tonight

Advertisement