Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Christmas FM frequncies for 2018 from end of November:

Dublin City and County - 105.2MHz
    Cork City, part County - 106.7MHz
    Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Wex, W'ford, KK, Tipp - 103.8MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

JDxtra wrote: »

Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Intresting no louth frequency. That's the first year

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

There's never been a Louth frequency - they have used various locations from Moyer outside Kingscourt since 2013 which cover from Haggardstown and South down nearly to Balbriggan well - North of Haggardstown it gets very "multi-pathy" and never was great in Dundalk town, actually 105.2 would be cleaner there

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Infoanon wrote: »
    KISS back on 93.2 this morning.

Kiss where actually back on last night - as far as I can tell the love songs on 93.2 and Kiss were from the same TX
    You would be wrong on thinking that i thought kiss were finished as it had been of for a few days so i atempted to put back on easyradio only to be contacted by the owner of kiss and asked to vacate their freq as they were haveing technical isues and were returning to air so happly and grashiley i did apoligese to kiss and all involved with the station as i said befor e never my intention to jump the band

kazoo106 wrote: »
    There's never been a Louth frequency - they have used various locations from Moyer outside Kingscourt since 2013 which cover from Haggardstown and South down nearly to Balbriggan well - North of Haggardstown it gets very "multi-pathy" and never was great in Dundalk town, actually 105.2 would be cleaner there
    I'm sure there was a 99.5 for the North East in previous years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

castle2012 wrote: »
    I'm sure there was a 99.5 for the North East in previous years

99.4 FM

Christmas FM are listing 99.4 as a frequency for the North East, with 99.5 listed as new for North Wicklow.

Re Easy Radio - temporary frequencies for a comeback include 94.3,105.2 with 101.2 as an alternative option.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Energy 1395 am belting in today at 14:30 20 miles south of Fishguard --- Grundig Yacht boy 700 international and Tecsun loop sitting in the sun in the garden.
    Will be out and about on the north coast at the week end so will report again --- great job whatever you've done.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭turbocab

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Energy 1395 am belting in today at 14:30 20 miles south of Fishguard --- Grundig Yacht boy 700 international and Tecsun loop sitting in the sun in the garden.
    Will be out and about on the north coast at the week end so will report again --- great job whatever you've done.
    Regards

thanks for the reception report,running just over 400 watts at the moment,loading coil at top of antenna gets too hot when we up power over 450 watts we will be off air this Sunday and next weekend to do some antenna and earth radial improvements,thanks again will be on tomorrow 8th sept,cheers

In the North East this evening Trax 107.1 and Pvr 88.1 sounding very good. They must have a great site or on high power. Also Storm 104.2 sounding good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Who ever is over NOW FM, all I can say is you are onto a winner. Get the audio and signal under control.

The online Audio, feed sounds alright, the signal is all over the place and I mean that in the best way possible. It's bad on the M50 best way I can put it, easily needs around 3/4Kw on that Freq.

Other than that good job, I have pre set and will keep tuning in where I can.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

In the North East this evening Trax 107.1 and Pvr 88.1 sounding very good. They must have a great site or on high power. Also Storm 104.2 sounding good
    PVR/Trax are in a different league. Been said many times before here. Great that Storm still going as well.

Hot have done something to fix their fm signal. The boss is in town so probably didnt want to get in trouble when he heard how bad it was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    PVR/Trax are in a different league. Been said many times before here. Great that Storm still going as well.

Hot have done something to fix their fm signal. The boss is in town so probably didnt want to get in trouble when he heard how bad it was. :D

Oh god no!! Now FM are ok, plenty of money under them but still haven't managed a good signal for some reason. It's never gonna be KW's anyway. (Phever was at one stage I think) 300 -400W should do it as from what i believe it's only 100 - 200W at the moment.

Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz

And Sligo misses out again, I wonder why?

Now fm in dublin had some shows today so made effort to listen. I like the idea but poor signal very scartchy. Sounds far too loud and suffering obvious distortion maybe because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    Now fm in dublin had some shows today so made effort to listen. I like the idea but poor signal very scartchy. Sounds far too loud and suffering obvious distortion maybe because of that.

Agree, they have potential to be big, if they only up the power and maybe tweak their processing a little. Their online stream is raw audio, unprocessed. I'm sure they'll get it all sorted soon.

As promised a reception report for Energy1395 am .
    Pity you weren't there for my return drive on Sunday -- next time when more "improvements" have been made.
    Out of interest the signal gets worse as the evening draws in and the skywave kicks in .
    Keep it up !

Regards
    Edit : Sorry the video I posted has a copyright problem so I've deleted the link . Will try to edit it and remove the piece of music .

Klub FM 87.5 in Cork say they are calling it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Yeah, it’s a real shame. Driving through Cork last night they were live and sounding nice

Yeah, it’s a real shame. Driving through Cork last night they were live and sounding nice
    It does say a new management team on the bottom of the note. I reckon a new crowd have bought it over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Out of interest, how does it work in Cork for a pirate are there multiple TXs for the area or broadcasting only to the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TallGlass wrote: »
    Out of interest, how does it work in Cork for a pirate are there multiple TXs for the area or broadcasting only to the city?

to the best of my knowledge, it's mostly 1 tx, broadcasting as far as they can. there was at least 1 station (kiss 105.5) back in the early 2000s which had 2 txs for a time, the second tx was for north cork i think.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There are no pirates on air in Cork at the minute with multiple TXs. The effort involved is just too much. One we'll placed TX will get in the city, suburbs and a good chunk of the county

The last pirate I know of to take coverage that seriously was UCB who had a powerful city TX and a powerful West Cork TX at Nowen Hill, along with two relays in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where have they announced this?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where have they announced this?

It was posted on their Facebook page.

Hot Fm Dublin seemed to have increased power again. However there still broadcasting in mono plus no RDS.
    Like pirate radio back in the 90s

Hot Fm Dublin seemed to have increased power again. However there still broadcasting in mono plus no RDS.
    Like pirate radio back in the 90s

They have the skills of a teenager that saved up his pocket money to buy his first NRG Kits transmitter. Even some of the 90s stations werent as bad as this.

They keep playing Dizzee Rascal Bassline Junkie (Explicit Version) all the time. Very stupid. Its either this or the B-B-B-Bobby Joe song.

Klub FN Cork is to be replaced by Power 87 FM
    They shall cease broadcasting on the 19th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Klub FN Cork is to be replaced by Power 87 FM
    They shall cease broadcasting on the 19th

Any screen grab of the posts?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any screen grab of the posts?

No I’m afraid, I’m totally blind. I’ll get you a URL later or refer to Klub FM’s FB

Advertisement