Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any screen grab of the posts?

Screen shots attached. They are public posts, you should be able to view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

Great. Power 87 FM sounds promising.
    Keep us updated. Not sure which day they start straming.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

What's the story with Now FM's audio? Way too loud and distortion all over the place. Looks like their technical expertise is as good as Hot FM's.

All that money they have... and they sound absolutely sh*te. Do they not have ears?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

What's the story with Now FM's audio? Way too loud and distortion all over the place. Looks like their technical expertise is as good as Hot FM's.

All that money they have... and they sound absolutely sh*te. Do they not have ears?

10 points for branding, 0 points for transmission and audio.

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    10 points for branding, 0 points for transmission and audio.

I recorded some clips earlier of the pirates that I can pick up in my part of Dublin - as they sound on FM. All are 128kbps Mp3.

https://goo.gl/nDcn4L

Trax and Phever sound great as always. Now and Hot shockingly bad.

• Advertisement

Now fm back from being on a blank carrier. They are in a competition with Hot fm today to see who can have the lowest volume. Maybe it’s a new tactic? Switch off rds and stereo and turn the volume way down. That way comreg wont hear you and you will be left alone.

I just tuned into Now. Good lord. Hot FM'S tech must be have been up at their site LOL!!! In mono but RDS seems to be back. They are actually lower than Hot.

Seriously wtf is going on with these two pirates lately. They really haven't a clue how to do anything.

"Ah it's grand lads, we're on the airwaves that's the main thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How do they think anyone is happy to listen to it. I heard NOW yesterday and it reminded me of the hold music when on call to an indian call centre. If they sort the signal out the music they play is actually ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Klub FM’s Facebook is now ‘Power 87’
    Seems as if it’s just a revamp or they’ve sold the station as it seems the new station is launching on Wednesday also

Now FM off air.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Now FM off air.
    Was FM.

marno21 wrote: »
    Now FM off air.
    Was FM.

Their back. Still low and awful sounding audio, in mono and no RDS. Just like Hot.

Don't think anyone cares to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Their back. Still low and awful sounding audio, in mono and no RDS. Just like Hot.

Don't think anyone cares to be honest.

To be honest, the signal is fine. It's like a link or something has been misaligned or something audio wise has broken down somewhere. They are better off leaving a blank carrier on than all that distorted music.

Hot FM, what a lead balloon is all I can say.

Yes, signal is ok. I have an idea what processing they use, so I'd say it could be that as there's no RDS either. Taking it off would be the sensible thing to do.

Some DJ on now mixing trance, well trying to. He's brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Yes, signal is ok. I have an idea what processing they use, so I'd say it could be that as there's no RDS either. Taking it off would be the sensible thing to do.

Some DJ on now mixing trance, well trying to. He's brutal.
    Why would comreg bother wasting there budget getting them shut down

Ayeland Radio 104.9 received in Belfast, playing dance music

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

On air over the weekend in Dublin :

87.6 Chill - weak signal but very good audio
    88.1 PVR - strong signal and good audio, on a blank carrier earlier
    91.0 Hot - blank carrier for most of the weekend, audio restored this evening, weak signal,low audio
    91.6 Now - signal good but audio low and distorted
    92.0 Retro - BBC Radio 3 wiping out Retro in the south east ,audio slightly distorted
    99.5 Dance One - another blank carrier ! Audio restored today
    107.1 Trax - excellent signal and excellent audio
    108 Blank carrier with ocassional audio -

#1 is still on 105.7 but ABS80 was off afaik,Energy AM also off this weekend (mast improvements? )

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Infoanon wrote: »
    On air over the weekend in Dublin :

87.6 Chill - weak signal but very good audio
    88.1 PVR - strong signal and good audio, on a blank carrier earlier
    91.0 Hot - blank carrier for most of the weekend, audio restored this evening, weak signal,low audio
    91.6 Now - signal good but audio low and distorted
    92.0 Retro - BBC Radio 3 wiping out Retro in the south east ,audio slightly distorted
    99.5 Dance One - another blank carrier ! Audio restored today
    107.1 Trax - excellent signal and excellent audio
    108 Blank carrier with ocassional audio -

#1 is still on 105.7 but ABS80 was off afaik,Energy AM also off this weekend (mast improvements? )

105.2 Dance Music Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Also, KISS on 93.2 FM.

Looks like hot fm Dublin are here to stay. They posted this on social media over the weekend

HOT FM DUBLIN 91.0 FM. After the last 4 months of testing HOT FM making a few more final Tec changes and will announce our OFFICIAL LAUNCH and LAUNCH PARTY. Stay tuned and spread the LOVE. Frank and the crew.

• Advertisement

castle2012 wrote: »
    Looks like hot fm Dublin are here to stay. They posted this on social media over the weekend

HOT FM DUBLIN 91.0 FM. After the last 4 months of testing HOT FM making a few more final Tec changes and will announce our OFFICIAL LAUNCH and LAUNCH PARTY. Stay tuned and spread the LOVE. Frank and the crew.

I will translate.

We are the worst radio station to hit the Dublin airwaves in recent years. We haven't a clue what we are doing. We will pretend we were just testing for four months because listeners are stupid.

We have two DJs and ten listeners. We have turbo internet streams. Our studio is Lorraine Doyles spare room. Spread the love. We cant do Facebook Live shows any more because we are blocked. Buy tickets for our fake launch party. Did I tell you about our launch party. Buy tickets. Frank and the crew, sorry I mean Lorraine.

I will translate.

We are the worst radio station to hit the Dublin airwaves in recent years. We haven't a clue what we are doing. We will pretend we were just testing for four months because listeners are stupid.

We have two DJs and ten listeners. We have turbo internet streams. Our studio is Lorraine Doyles spare room. Spread the love. We cant do Facebook Live shows any more because we are blocked. Buy tickets for our fake launch party. Did I tell you about our launch party. Buy tickets. Frank and the crew, sorry I mean Lorraine.
    I love it. Are they blocked on Facebook?. How do they manage that

So funny but true! Same ten brainwashed listeners going to their gigs too by the looks of it.

Now FM aren't that much better. Another pirate with no technical knowledge. Posting away videos and photos, going on like there's no issue with how they sound on FM at all. What planet are these lads on, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I love it. Are they blocked on Facebook?. How do they manage that

they are blocked from using facebook live rather then facebook itself.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

So funny but true! Same ten brainwashed listeners going to their gigs too by the looks of it.

Now FM aren't that much better. Another pirate with no technical knowledge. Posting away videos and photos, going on like there's no issue with how they sound on FM at all. What planet are these lads on, seriously?
    I couldn't agree more. I think this lot are from the same school. Most where involved with previous pirate stations. Reckon the next Comreg raid will knock them out for good.

Phever FM 88.1 in Dublin is off today. Maybe weather related.

Hot FM have had no live shows. The online stream is not the same as the FM. Very low volume audio. Still in mono. Now FM low volume audio as well. Signal is weak.

Fresh FM 99.5 on a carrier today. They normally relay something called Dance One Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

In Kilkenny City last week had a look through the FM band for any undocumented transmissions:

106.8 and 108.0 had local church broadcasts with morning masses (weekday morning)

106.8 was from the Friary Church (was nearby), dipole aerial visible on a chimney around the back of the church. I do not know where 108.0 was from.

Later in the day Flirt FM from Co. Laois was after going on the air and receivable with dance music on 106.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Phever FM 88.1 in Dublin is off today. Maybe weather related.

Hot FM have had no live shows. The online stream is not the same as the FM. Very low volume audio. Still in mono. Now FM low volume audio as well. Signal is weak.

Fresh FM 99.5 on a carrier today. They normally relay something called Dance One Radio.
    Phever went off around the same time as the 3 Rock and Mt.Oriel outages , Dance One had audio up until around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Parts of tallaght lost power today too. Just saying.

• Advertisement

Klub FM’s frequency has now been taken over by Power 87, whether it be the same crew or not
    Klub FM’s owner said his thank-yous at 6 and after 2 minutes of dead air, an ID for Power 87 was played and music started

Advertisement