Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

Pirate radio predictions for 2019? Mine are:
    Dublin - Hot, Now and Fresh leave the airwaves, the oldies stations become one (maybe)?
    Cork - sprog box 104.9 either goes off air or gets hit

My prediction for 2019 also is the so called ghost owner/helper/funder of the pirate station Power87 in cork who is also involved in a legal station in cork will get found out as word on the streets gets around. Word in the streets is calls have been recorded with this guy and texts saved so theres proof and he could lose everything including hes job which is sad. Hes playing a dangerous game from what is been talked about around cork. This guy has alot more to lose then pirates been raided or fined. This is whats been talked about with word of mouth in cork. So just passing it on dont shoot the messager. Peace out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if hot does leave, i suspect it won't be at their own hand. after all people have been predicting for a while it wouldn't last and yet it's still here.

ps 104.8 down in cork is nrg apparently, all though i have saw no evidence that it is using a sprog box.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

if hot does leave, i suspect it won't be at their own hand. after all people have been predicting for a while it wouldn't last and yet it's still here.

ps 104.8 down in cork is nrg apparently, all though i have saw no evidence that it is using a sprog box.

Talk elsewhere online that 104.9 is causing interference to 104.0 CRY east of Cork city

Haven't seen any first hand evidence of this myself but I haven't been in the area recently

marno21 wrote: »
    Talk elsewhere online that 104.9 is causing interference to 104.0 CRY east of Cork city

Haven't seen any first hand evidence of this myself but I haven't been in the area recently

ah fair enough. if it is true nrg will want to sort things out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

On Air in Dublin:
    87.6 Chill
    91.0 Hot
    93.2 Easy
    94.3 PVR
    101.2 All 80s (aka The Cube)
    107.1 Trax

1395 Energy AM

No Retro , Dance 1 (aka Fresh) (noting XMAS carrier still on 99.5), Now 'on line' only these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

SWR meter wrote: »
    Whats sprog box 104.9 do you mean Dhr?

NRG (formerly Play)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

NRG (formerly Play)

Another word for harmonics. That word is often used by the same guy in cork.

Anglers wrote: »
    Another word for harmonics. That word is often used by the same guy in cork.

Is that an implication?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Folks

Can I ask is Howth Head as good as anywhere for doing a band scan? Do you have any suggestions nearer to Dublin 15?

Thanks in advance

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Folks

Can I ask is Howth Head as good as anywhere for doing a band scan? Do you have any suggestions nearer to Dublin 15?

Thanks in advance

Only issue with Howth Head is the BBCs are very strong and wipe activity on 88.1/91.6 etc and RETRO (off air today) was weak there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Hot fm are transmitting a blank rds name since yesterday.

Energy 101 live programming in Dublin on 101.2FM and 1395AM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SWR meter wrote: »
    Hot fm are transmitting a blank rds name since yesterday.

Every cloud...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Every cloud...

This was later fixed. Hot fm is like that auntie that seems to live forever despite all the odds.

Are Retro, Fresh and Now seemingly gone?

Are Retro, Fresh and Now seemingly gone?
    Fresh and Retro still in air ,Retro weekends only.
    Now have been off air for more than a month, surprising no one has taken the 91.6 slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

What’s going on with Trax today. Playing old Pulse jingles and links the past twenty minutes I’ve been listening. Taken me right back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Belfunk wrote: »
    What’s going on with Trax today. Playing old Pulse jingles and links the past twenty minutes I’ve been listening. Taken me right back.
    This is a tribute to Alan McQuillan (see separate thread on Boards). Alan was a very respected in radio and we are happy to be involved in relaying this. It will continue until Sunday 6pm. Our Trax internet stream will be online as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm a bit confussed, Trax is relaying RTE Pulse on FM only?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

No, it's completely unrelated to RTE Pulse - the audio is from Pulse 103 FM, the dance radio station that was operating in Dublin from the mid to late '90s where Alan worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

I didn’t realise Alan was Al The Gardner, lovely tribute. I’ve no FM radio in the house, is the online stream different?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

RDS is showing "FOR ALAN". Nice of them to pay tribute.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Fair play lads. Very nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I didn’t realise Alan was Al The Gardner, lovely tribute. I’ve no FM radio in the house, is the online stream different?

It seems so unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nrgfm

Alan was Al the Gardner and Mikka the knacker on The Doghouse on Pulse 103 Fm , Nice tribute to a lovely bloke and I’m sure with the way relays have worked over the past few weeks it’ll turn up on other frequencies over the weekend

i presume this tribute isn't being broadcasted online?

Now on 107.1 , 101.2 , 93.2 Good to see all the lads getting involved and marking this sad occasion, Alan would be laughing his head off if he could see all the Rds displays with his name

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    RDS is showing "FOR ALAN". Nice of them to pay tribute.

Any stream for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

101.4 also on tonight

Advertisement