Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

paulwilson wrote: »
    Hi guys easyradio back on 93.2fm in Dublin we have changed our transmitter with a new one and installed a brand new Ariel to the fold looking for signal reports if you guys could help I'd appreciate all the help with this cheers Paul

How long are you planning to stay on for this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 str2011

No, not linked to Now FM
    on linked with now FM mixx FM is new station thaat wil play 90s vs 00s

• Registered Users Posts: 15 str2011

mixx fm use to broadcast in the 90s. energy 88 FM want off in 1998 . mix came on air on 88.0 FM them moved to 1053 fm in 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Now fm disappears and this pops up. Is it the same people behind both stations?

Now FM moved to 88.1 around the end of January.

Anyone catch some tests on 94.3 FM today in Dublin? No RDS or stereo on the signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

JDxtra wrote: »
    Anyone catch some tests on 94.3 FM today in Dublin? No RDS or stereo on the signal.
    I didn’t I did however hear a station called retro now on 107.1 .I taught trax was back at first then noticed the audio was terrible. Then I heard a jingle saying retro now . I really hope trax comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yes but was off air yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

str2011 wrote: »
    mixx fm use to broadcast in the 90s. energy 88 FM want off in 1998 . mix came on air on 88.0 FM them moved to 1053 fm in 1999

I'm very confused about these posts.

Firstly, your facebook page says MIX yet the station is called MIXX.

There was a MIX 106 in the nineties alright after Club bought HOT 107, that was on 105.7.

There was Energy 88 which was relatively short lived and pretty crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Hi guys easyradio back on 93.2fm in Dublin we have changed our transmitter with a new one and installed a brand new Ariel to the fold looking for signal reports if you guys could help I'd appreciate all the help with this cheers Paul

We were off air for the purpose of getting new antenna and tx installed as mentioned in a post on the Facebook page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Retro Now on 107.1, did it replace Trax? Audio is abit all over the shop quite choppy

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Retro Now on 107.1, did it replace Trax? Audio is abit all over the shop quite choppy

Fine now !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

We were off air for the purpose of getting new antenna and tx installed as mentioned in a post on the Facebook page
    Good to hear Easy back on - signal is more constant / clearer in Dublin West and Good reception heading towards the City Centre - have there been further tweaks to the audio ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Yes but was off air yesterday and today.
    On air anytime I have done a scan.

94.3 and 107.1 now modulated , clear strong signal from both.

The Cube 101.2 also on relaying All 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Retro now 107.1 tx on and off now on blank carrier sound like some work going on there

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

and using BBC news music bed jingle :-)

What happened to Trax? The user is on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

This is confusing, isn’t RetroNow Meath-based?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Infoanon wrote: »

Good to hear Easy back on - signal is more constant / clearer in Dublin West and Good reception heading towards the City Centre - have there been further tweaks to the audio ?
    Not yet planed to happen in a week or two

TallGlass wrote: »
    What happened to Trax? The user is on this forum.

Went on their FB, they’re refusing to answer questions in relation to their return to FM

Went on their FB, they’re refusing to answer questions in relation to their return to FM

Really odd :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Could be for a number of reasons, but they are still online which is good enough for me and any serious fans of Trax. I still listen in the car via bluetooth as I do other online only Irish stations.

With Retro Now testing on 107.1, it's unlikely Trax will be back on the FM band.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Cast minds back to RINCE and do some joined up thinking !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Trax will continue online and we wish the operators of Retro Now the best of luck with their new home of 107.1 FM. Trax had an amazing run of almost two years on FM (minus a small break when the Beast from the East tried to wipe us out!).

We would have started two years ago today if I had brought the right cable to the transmission site (!), so instead we started on April 2nd 2017. I like to think we did a good professional job of it and did our bit to support the dance/oldskool lovers of Dublin.

There's no back story here, it's just FM is not the place for us at the moment. Thank you for the support as always, keep raving.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

This new retro now fm that has replaced trax is ****e they just played some awful ymca remix followed by ace of bass and the scat man we already have one cheesy radio station in hot fm at least trax had some decent tunes .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it is a great shame that trax have decided to quit fm. they will be a great loss to the fm air waves that is for sure. i hope they will return on there one day. the station is a good and unique proposition so it will continue to be a success online, of that i have no doubt.
    has phever returned to 94.3?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Can anyone confirm whether it’s the same RetroNow that’s on in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Yup. It's the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

Yup. It's the same one.

I thought Retro was in Dublin

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    I thought Retro was in Dublin

Retro FM on 92.0 usually comes on at weekends and plays oldies - that's a different station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

snickers wrote: »
    This new retro now fm that has replaced trax is ****e they just played some awful ymca remix followed by ace of bass and the scat man we already have one cheesy radio station in hot fm at least trax had some decent tunes .
    Yup. It's the same one.

I presume this is the same RetroNow that used to be on 105.7 around west Dublin and that I managed to pick up on one occasion in that area this year!

Advertisement