Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Anyone no who is behind the tx on 93.2 in Dublin home to easyradio I'd kindly ask for them to remove the tx from the freq please

Thanks Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Had Choonz on today and it sounds good. Some fairly nifty gems played in here. I'm half wondering if it's connected to Retro FM as it's fairly similar music wise.

In out of Dublin news, 99.4FM was playing back to back Country and Irish yesterday in the Cavan Belturbet area. No ID's of any sort on it, anybody got any ideas about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

In out of Dublin news, 99.4FM was playing back to back Country and Irish yesterday in the Cavan Belturbet area. No ID's of any sort on it, anybody got any ideas about it?

it might be misty mountain radio.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Archivist

Listening today to a number of pirates in Dublin tempting fate and a raid with an increasing number of ads being carried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Listening today to a number of pirates in Dublin tempting fate and a raid with an increasing number of ads being carried.

There are quite a few ads on some stations, that is for sure. Probably no different to the stations down in Cork - I've listened to them online and they really pump out the ads. Quite brazen.

• Advertisement

Recorded the two main Dublin stations today to do some maths on how many ads there were. It was a lot less than my perception in fairness. Now was playing a single 30 to 35 second ad around every 14 minutes while on automation. Then when a DJ started, there wasn't an ad played for 2 and a half hours until it returned to automation.

Over on Hot, they were playing a 1 min 47 sec block of 5 ads every hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but maybe it sounds like a lot more because the ads are the same and have been on the station for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How do these set ups find advertisers?

94.3 in Dublin changed name to Connect FM. Last weekend and yesterday it was Choonz. Same operator that appears on 101.2 I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FMRadiojunky

JDxtra wrote: »
    Recorded the two main Dublin stations today to do some maths on how many ads there were. It was a lot less than my perception in fairness. Now was playing a single 30 to 35 second ad around every 14 minutes while on automation. Then when a DJ started, there wasn't an ad played for 2 and a half hours until it returned to automation.

Over on Hot, they were playing a 1 min 47 sec block of 5 ads every hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but maybe it sounds like a lot more because the ads are the same and have been on the station for a while.

Hot FM or should i say 'frank kennedy FM' is an absolute joke of a station the man is full of s***e! Its all about frank on hot. He is a compulsive liar and fabricates and exaggerates listener numbers & competitions, gigs etc.
    Hot fm is made out to be something its not. Poor audio quality, no organisation what so ever. And as for the so called 'studio' haha its comical.
    A substandard apartment room with minimal equipment thrown together in the city centre.
    With the exception of one or two jocks who are actually decent its more 'Not fm' there is nothing hot about it. It was all well and good years ago and when it came back on air last year i was happy to hear it again however, after seeing what goes on behind the scenes im no longer impressed.
    My shed had a better setup when i was 15 for christ sake!
    Frank... Do yourself and everyone else a favour.. And FK off you egotistical moron!

Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hot FM or should i say 'frank kennedy FM' is an absolute joke of a station the man is full of s***e! Its all about frank on hot. He is a compulsive liar and fabricates and exaggerates listener numbers & competitions, gigs etc.
    Hot fm is made out to be something its not. Poor audio quality, no organisation what so ever. And as for the so called 'studio' haha its comical.
    A substandard apartment room with minimal equipment thrown together in the city centre.
    With the exception of one or two jocks who are actually decent its more 'Not fm' there is nothing hot about it. It was all well and good years ago and when it came back on air last year i was happy to hear it again however, after seeing what goes on behind the scenes im no longer impressed.
    My shed had a better setup when i was 15 for christ sake!
    Frank... Do yourself and everyone else a favour.. And FK off you egotistical moron!

Rant over!
    Good god he's not a popular chap

• Advertisement

Normally i wouldnt name and shame anyone however, if you have personally dealt with the man you would know what im talking about. He thinks because he has a few quid he can talk to people like they are beneath him.
    He was originally working with the NOW FM operators when Hot came back on last year but due to his rather large ego along with his bad attitude they chopped him and dropped the hot fm name.
    And to be honest its been downhill for him from then on. If he had of stayed quiet for 5 seconds he could have been on to a winner but as usual Frank's fat mouth got in the way.
    The man probably will never learn but sure look...
    'Ya can't teach an old dog new tricks'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Bar maybe 94.3 (Connect), the Dublin pirate selection is crap. Bring Phever back
    Most of the genuine dance pirate heads have probably moved online at this stage anyway

Phever was the best station i ever worked on. Operators were sound and very professional. All the jocks are tops. One or two need to work on their presentation skills but other than that its a great station.

ODTR wrote: »
    It's slowly improving but it has been a long road. I think the main issue now is a lack a of a music identity. Who are they trying to attract as listeners? A pirate station should have a niche, some form of purpose - enough to attract and retain loyal listeners interested in that genre.

With the odd exception, its pot luck what you will hear on Now FM. Listeners might as well listen to 98 FM or Spin if this is the case. It needs better consistency in music and shows.

One positive example is the Piano Man show they play on Friday evenings. It's well put together and may have been one of DJ mixes you heard. Weekend morning and early afternoons also have good consistency. Well done to those presenters for sticking it out.

Outside of this it is largely automated - is there is some reason why other presenters are avoiding a commitment to it? Maybe more syndicated shows in the evenings would be an alternative to fill some of the gaps.

Best of luck to team Now. Next few weeks just tighten things up and it will do well over the Summer.

Now are on a temp licence & are not pirate.

Now are on a temp licence & are not pirate.

That's not true. Now FM are a pirate.

Where have you got your info from?

Where have you got your info from?

The BAI. There is no temporary licence that lasts as long as Now FM have been on. They have never been listed on the published list of temporary licences operators. They have moved frequency of their own choice, again - not something someone with a licence does.

They have put some good effort in. The photos of the studio I have seen look great. But definitely a pirate though.

The BAI. There is no temporary licence that lasts as long as Now FM have been on. They have never been listed on the published list of temporary licences operators. They have moved frequency of their own choice, again - not something someone with a licence does. They are 100% are a pirate.

Temp licences can be valid for up to 100 days (of consistant broadcasting) this is why they switch off sometimes as the 100 days must be consecutive. Its a loop hole in the system.
    as for the change of freq from 91.6 to 88.1 they were found to have breached their licence terms by running a charity focused event which they weren't permitted to do and were taken off air and warned that they were in breech of their licence.
    The move from 91.6 was also due to RTE complaining of interference in some areas as they were close to 2fm this was also made clear to the operators during the time they were off the air.
    As for it not being on the BAI site i don't know what to say.
    Just because you can't see it doesn't mean its not there ha.

Temp licences can be valid for up to 100 days (of consistant broadcasting) this is why they switch off sometimes as the 100 days must be consecutive. Its a loop hole in the system.
    as for the change of freq from 91.6 to 88.1 they were found to have breached their licence terms by running a charity focused event which they weren't permitted to do and were taken off air and warned that they were in breech of their licence.
    The move from 91.6 was also due to RTE complaining of interference in some areas as they were close to 2fm this was also made clear to the operators during the time they were off the air.

With respect, you are misinformed. Now FM is a pirate radio station. It may be in their interests to convince DJs, potential advertisers etc. that it is a licenced operation - but this is simply not correct.

Who said i was a dj or potential advertiser? apparently they are providing VAT recipts for advertising.
    IF.. what you are saying is true then why are they are taking a serious and unnecessary risk aswell as its location which would compromise other businesses for the small amount of money generated from the station it seems pointless to me why the operators would take the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

Who said i was a dj or potential advertiser? apparently they are providing VAT recipts for advertising.
    IF.. what you are saying is true then why are they are taking a serious and unnecessary risk aswell as its location which would compromise other businesses for the small amount of money generated from the station it seems pointless to me why the operators would take the risk.

I think you are living in the clouds with regards Now fm they are a pirate and have never had a temp license either and also would not have a dogs chance of getting a temporary license as long as they are broadcasting illegally. Like any illegal broadcasts whether they pay tax or not they are not immune from any form of action from Comreg . So I think you need to get your facts correct before you make comments.

I'm going on what i've been told, it makes no sense to me why the operators would risk so much for very little gain. As far as im aware the main lad running it and pumping money into it has no background in radio or any particular interest either he is a buisness man interested in making money.
    The main thing i dont understand is why would you put so much money into a professional setup and take such a big risk for little return??
    The station cant generate that much of a return can it?? Maybe something is a miss and its a cover for something else? Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MrPops

I'm going on what i've been told, it makes no sense to me why the operators would risk so much for very little gain. As far as im aware the main lad running it and pumping money into it has no background in radio or any particular interest either he is a buisness man interested in making money.
    The main thing i dont understand is why would you put so much money into a professional setup and take such a big risk for little return??
    The station cant generate that much of a return can it?? Maybe something is a miss and its a cover for something else? Who knows!

Laundering cash.

Haha could be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Unlicensed broadcasts Dublin May 12th :

87.6 Chill FM , surprisingly clear on the northside
    88.1 Now FM
    91.0 Hot FM - low modulation
    91 9 Retro - sounding rough and weaker than in the past
    93.2 Easy - suffering from RnaG breakthrough in Sutton otherwise clear across Dublin
    94.3 Connect FM - good signal across Dublin, little weak in some Northern parts , live programming for a while - good audio
    99.5 Fresh
    105.7 the beach, strongest in the south East
    107.1 Retronow - good signal across Dublin
    Energy 1395 - relayed Connect and Retro for short periods over Sunday
    No the cube or mix 102.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

@FMRadioJunky I’ll take what you’re saying at face value and presume you’re misinformed. Now FM is a pirate without doubt. As everyone in the posts above mine have said their activities are unlike any temp

I must be. Maybe if they keep telling people the have a licence one might appear magically haha

Hot FM off air at the moment in Dublin. No stream either.

Good news

• Advertisement

Scratch that stream is back on ugggh

Advertisement